Seating ie chair/sun loungers at water parks

lynrip

Mouseketeer
Am I the only one that finds the sun chairs/loungers too low at the water parks?

I have problems with my hips and on our last trip I really struggled to sit down and stand up from the chairs/loungers.

I take it there is no alternative?
Does anyone know?

Am I the only one that finds the sun chairs/loungers too low at the water parks?

I have problems with my hips and on our last trip I really struggled to sit down and stand up from the chairs/loungers.

Does anyone know?

It's a been a... long time since I was at a Disney (or any) water park.

In this case, I would recommend going straight to Disability Services, and ask them for your alternative solutions.

Contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

Know that they may not have the answer directly at hand, but will do their best to help you as soon as they can. In my experience they are very nice people who are often overwhelmed with guest requests, but they have always gotten back to me.

It's a been a... long time since I was at a Disney (or any) water park.

In this case, I would recommend going straight to Disability Services, and ask them for your alternative solutions.

Contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

Know that they may not have the answer directly at hand, but will do their best to help you as soon as they can. In my experience they are very nice people who are often overwhelmed with guest requests, but they have always gotten back to me.
Mamabunny I swear Disney should be paying you for all the work you do for them! You have been super helpful to so many folks. 🥰

Mamabunny I swear Disney should be paying you for all the work you do for them! You have been super helpful to so many folks. 🥰

Thank you, but I'm genuinely glad to help; setting realistic expectations, and giving folks the best info we all can helps *everyone* have the very best Disney days they can - and I have been fortunate many times to be able to use the collective wisdom here, so I just try to pass that along to others!

Thank you, but I'm genuinely glad to help; setting realistic expectations, and giving folks the best info we all can helps *everyone* have the very best Disney days they can - and I have been fortunate many times to be able to use the collective wisdom here, so I just try to pass that along to others!
This is my reply from disability services.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and are pleased to hear that you will be visiting us again soon.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding the seating provided at our water parks.

It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

With that said, the general seating options at both Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks would be unchanged although both Polar Patios and Beachcomber Shack rentals are available to book that includes more traditional seating options and may be an option. In addition, for Guests with the mobility challenges, both water parks do also rent wheelchairs as well which would provide more elevated seating also.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We sincerely hope that your visit will be magical and we look forward to entertaining you later this year.

Kindest regards,

Julius
Disability Access Services
Walt Disney World® Resort

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

This is my reply from disability services.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and are pleased to hear that you will be visiting us again soon.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding the seating provided at our water parks.

It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

With that said, the general seating options at both Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks would be unchanged although both Polar Patios and Beachcomber Shack rentals are available to book that includes more traditional seating options and may be an option. In addition, for Guests with the mobility challenges, both water parks do also rent wheelchairs as well which would provide more elevated seating also.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We sincerely hope that your visit will be magical and we look forward to entertaining you later this year.

Kindest regards,

Julius
Disability Access Services
Walt Disney World® Resort

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Thank you for sharing - it’s good information for all of us! 🙂

Does anyone know?
I cannot get up from a low seat and I don't remember any seats around the water that were high enough. I was able to sit at the dining areas - kind of like picnic table seating. What I cannot remember is if they had any sort of "umbrella table" seating - like chairs around a round table - like they do around the swimming pools. I've only been to TL however.

While we love Typhoon Lagoon, my seating options for visits in the past few years have diminished considerably. The sun chairs and loungers are completely out. I can sit at a dining/picnic table, in a wheelchair, and in my favourite spot… on the “rock benches” on the water-facing side of the two little islands at the mouth of the wave pool. It’s a great place if you are Ok with getting soaked by the splash when the surf waves roll in. I think there is a ledge at the edge of the pool that I could sit on by Crush’N’Gusher, too. There may be a few benches to be found near the exits of other slides, but not many.

The private patio areas are just not in our budget.

I struggle with low seating too and since I also can’t really do the stairs we don’t do water parks anymore. I would probably get knocked to bits if I got into typhoon lagoon wave pool now. I could probably handle blizzard beaches wave pool. But not worth the money or effort for me now

I also struggle to get up from low chairs. There's a "You tube" video, something like "getting up the MacGyver way" which shows lots of little helps. I watch it periodically and find it helpful-think I'm about due again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter