Sarah & Chris - Swan - 09-01-13 - Update

Any idea what the Mickey head "thank you" favors are in your inspiration board? Chocolate Mickey lollipop?

Any idea what the Mickey head "thank you" favors are in your inspiration board? Chocolate Mickey lollipop?

Wow, sorry I didn't notice this post before. They are mini swirl suckers. http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Swirl-Ra...BRO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320954344&sr=8-1

My mom has a Cricut cutter. So I bought a Mickey cartridge, and she will be cutting out all the little Mickey heads so we can tape them on the packages for the suckers. They will be going in our welcome bags.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! I am so excited, about our wedding, but have a ways to go.

Anyway, we got our engagement pictures done this morning. We were planning on going to Disney and getting pics around the parks for engagement pictures, but with airfare like it is, we opted to just stay here and get them done instead.

As our little Disney touch, I bought Mickey ears for both of us, and we incorporated them into some of our shots. We had a lot of fun taking them, and I can't wait to get them back and share them with everyone. We should have them in about 2 weeks!

Congratulations! What a cute engagement story. I would like moving more if that was at the end, too. :goodvibes

Don't ever let anyone tell you you're waiting too long or planning too far in advance. I've been planning our wedding since 2008 . . . :rolleyes1

Can't wait to keep reading along!

We got a sneak peek from our photographer of our engagement pictures. YAY

sarah1.jpg

More to follow!

Just popping in now. I LOVE those postcards that you made. And those truly are the important questions. ;) The e-pics are adorable! I can't wait to see the rest :)

So here are some new thoughts that we are mulling over.

I was always thinking morning ceremony. When I was thinking about going with DFTW, I would have had to have it in the morning for the space I wanted to use, but when I switched over to S/D, I never really changed the morning ceremony plan....until now.

Now, I am thinking about an evening ceremony, followed directly by a dessert party. We have never seen Fantasmic and Chris has never seen Illuminanations. So now I am trying to talk Chris into hopping down to Disney for 3 days in August to catch both shows and figure out what one we would like to use for our dessert party.

My parents, mostly my dad, still think that we need to feed everyone a real dinner. But I figured if they knew that we were only serving dessert, they would know to eat something else if they wanted.

We are going to sit down with my parents in March and start to hash things out. (We are going home to visit in March) And figure out who we HAVE to invite and try to figure out some rough numbers.

What can I say....I'm a planner!

Sarah sweetie - Remember that you can serve other food at a DP if you wish. Maybe if your Dad thought that you were going to serve some savory appetizer type foods as well, he would be happier!!

Your pictures turned out great! I love the balloons, the hats, the greenery. You two look really happy!

Girl, if you've never seen Fantastmic- RUN don't WALK straight over to DHS right now. It's incredible!!

I agree with Jo- splurge and add real food to the DP! Sounds like an awesome reception!

Your pictures turned out great! I love the balloons, the hats, the greenery. You two look really happy!

Girl, if you've never seen Fantastmic- RUN don't WALK straight over to DHS right now. It's incredible!!

I agree with Jo- splurge and add real food to the DP! Sounds like an awesome reception!

Sarah sweetie - Remember that you can serve other food at a DP if you wish. Maybe if your Dad thought that you were going to serve some savory appetizer type foods as well, he would be happier!!

Ladies, I did not know that you could have other food besides dessert!! I thought that's all that you could have!

I have seen bits and pieces of Fantasmic online, but I know that it wouldn't be near as good as it would be in person. I really hope that we can get over there to check it out this coming year.

HiI Sarah! Haven't been by in a while, thought I'd say hello. I think the idea for an evening ceremony and dessert party afterward is a greeeeeeat idea. That sounds so super fun. I can see your dad's point in thinking you should feed your guests a real dinner. I agree with him but I really like your idea of a dessert party and watching the fireworks. Maybe you could have a dinner or something outside but I don't think Disney would allow it b/c of food temperature issues.

What about having dinner reservations somehwere after the wedding and then the dessert party? I dunno? I just thinking of things to help you out.

xoxo.

HiI Sarah! Javen't been by in a while, thought I'd say hello. I think the idea for an evening ceremony and dessert party afterward is a greeeeeeat idea. That sounds so super fun. I can see your dad's point in thinking you should feed your guests a real dinner. I agree with him but I really like your idea of a dessert party and watching the fireworks. Maybe you could have a dinner or something outside but I don't think Disney would allow it b/c of food temperature issues.

What about having dinner reservations somehwere after the wedding and then the dessert party? I dunno? I just thinking of things to help you out.

xoxo.

Hey there!

Thanks for the ideas! I was thinking of adding things like cheeses and popcorn (DF runs a movie theater) maybe big pretzels, and....I DOUBT this could happen, but mini "chicago style" hot dogs. I am a HUGE Cubs fan and brought Chris to his first Cubs game, and the hot dogs were all he could talk about LOL. I thought it would be a cute touch.

The dessert party is really important to me, and I was hoping by having a later ceremony and making it known to the guests that there wouldn't be a full dinner, it would work. I understand, but at the same time, I will be paying for them to get into the dessert party as well as the food itself so it's not like I am not giving them anything, right?

Well, it is a lot to consider. Like I said before, my parents and I are sitting down in March, when I go home to visit, and we are going to start to hash out the details, and get a rough idea of what it is going to cost, and how much they can contribute. Oh yeah, and the guest list.

Don't get me started on who my dad thinks we should invite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter