Sarah & Chris - Swan - 09-01-13 - Update

sarahb01

Mouseketeer
Yep, I know it's a long way away, and I don't have much really to input into this at the moment, but I think it is best to start now and get everything down while I remember.

Chris and I met online in February of 2010. We sent messages back and forth for about a week, online as well as text messages, before we went on our first date. We met at our local BWW. So romantic. But to be honest, I chose it. It was close to my house, and it has a lot of tvs, you know in case it is a BAD date, I had something to divert my attention, AND it had a great exit. Our BWW has an exit right by the bathroom. Bad to think of how a date can go wrong instead of how it will go right. But after having bad dates in the past, I guess you start to plan for those things.

Moving on. Needless to day, I didn't need to watch the tvs, nor did I need to escape via the takeout door. We met at 6pm and talked until they kicked us out at 11pm when they closed. We met for another date two days later, and haven't looked back since.

We had been dating for just over a year, when the company Chris works for bought a new location and told him that he would be running it. Great news, but we were living in IL and the new location was in Texas. We found out the last week of March, flew down to pick out a place the first week of May and Chris was down here living the second week of May. It all moved pretty quickly.

I was working at a school at the time, so instead of leaving towards the end of the school year, I decided I would hang back while he got everything settled. The way schedules worked out, my parents were able to help me move the more than 700 miles on July 27, 2011. I had no idea what was waiting for me in my new apartment, but my parents did.

I went upstairs to the apartment, completely exhausted after a 14 hour drive, to find the entire apartment lit by candles. He had candles on the floor made into a path from the front door to the living room. Candles on the fireplace and in fireplace, all over. I walked in, I knew what was coming. He got down on one knee and popped the question. :yay:

It made my move a little more worth it at that point. Since I have family in the Chicago area, and his family lives in Missouri, we knew we would have a destination wedding. But to where?

My first thought was Vegas. I love Vegas because there is ALWAYS something going on, but Chris was a little hesitant about his grandparents and how they would feel about Vegas. He then suggested Disney World :idea:

Why had I never thought of that before?! I had been to WDW twice and they were both magical trips. I have always said I was going to be a princess, how could a princess not be married in Disney? princess: After looking at prices, it was within reach.

For the amount of people that were going to be invited and 'have' to be there, we were going to be in the Wishes category. Now, there were a few things that I was not crazy about for a DFTW. After thinking about it long and hard, we have decided that we are going to be married at the Swan and Dolphin.

We are looking at a date in Late September/early October of 2013. I would like to do it in April, but I don't know if I can get Chris on board with that.

So there it is. The start to my planning journal for something that won't be happening for 2 years. I know that it is a long way away, I can't help but start "planning"

I'm SOOO excited! :wizard:

Congratulations! I love following all the Swan and Dolphin Brides - seem to be more and more popping up - awesome :thumbsup2

Sarah sweetie - Welcome to our small but distinguished band of S/D brides!!!

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

We are in the process of planning a trip to WDW hopefully in February so we can check out the S/D as well as get some engagement pictures for our save the dates.

I will be updating more frequently than I may have thought I would be :yay:

I thought since people reading this do not know us, maybe I should post some pictures to give you a better idea of who you are reading about.

After we got engaged in our first home together
223089_642746186179_184803517_33937858_3016713_n.jpg

My engagement ring
279762_642231492629_184803517_33928445_3480310_o.jpg

My Inspiration Board
754x754_5639efeca18e5c53.jpg

Hi!! Love your inspiration board, such great ideas. Your ring is gorgeous! :woohoo: Wowzers! Can't wait to read more about your wonderful wedding journey.

When I tell people when the wedding is, the question is always "Why are you waiting so long?" Well, as all of you know, having a Disney wedding is expensive. The wedding part itself is really no more than an at home wedding is, but the fact that we have to fly there, and spend nights in a hotel, buy food, etc. The same expenses that are associated with traveling. That being said, there are certain people that I want to be there, and if they aren't there, I don't think I would be happy. I didn't feel like I could just be like, 'by the way I am getting married next year, half way across the country and you have to be there' So, we wanted to give them a little warning.

Why September/October? My fiance runs a movie theater (this will be important again WAY later on, to some little things we are thinking about adding) Anyway, when do ALL the good movies come out?? May-Labor Day. Yep, he can't take time off during "summer blockbuster" season. I tried to talk him into April, but he thinks we need those few extra months. Probably because he will be busy and I will have to do all the finalizing myself :rotfl2:

WOW, I really have a tendency to blab on about nothing. I know it was a far way off, but I REALLY wanted to start planning SOMETHING. So, I thought what better thing than to ask my girls to be my bridesmaids.

IMAG0196.jpg

These are little postcards that I made using scrap-booking supplies. On the back I posed a few questions. "Will you be my bridesmaid? Will you fly half way across the country, because I am too good to get married in the Midwest? Will you promise to get your nails done to match the dress? Will you hold my dress when I have to pee?" You get the idea, there were other ones, and there were some questions that were personalized to each girl.

I got an email message from my sister, Staci, who said she cried and sent me an email message back agreeing to all my "demands"

I received a phone call from my college roommate, Melinda, who said, of course, she wouldn't miss it for the world.

I also got confirmation from my cousin, and matron of honor, Katie, who told me she was laughing and shouted at the top of her lungs YES after she read it. She lives near Chicago, I couldn't hear the yell from Texas, I think she needed to yell louder ;)

Well, there ya have it. The first step towards our wedding. The bridesmaids have been chosen.

Hey girl!! Your ring is gorgeous and I absolutely adore your inspiration board!

You two make a great couple and your bridesmaids cards are awesome!!

Hey girl!! Your ring is gorgeous and I absolutely adore your inspiration board!

You two make a great couple and your bridesmaids cards are awesome!!

Yes, your ring is gorgeous and I also love the inspiration board! :)

Hi!! Love your inspiration board, such great ideas. Your ring is gorgeous! :woohoo: Wowzers! Can't wait to read more about your wonderful wedding journey.

Thank you everyone! I am getting more and more into the PJ even in the early stages.

I just started reading your journal and I really love your story. I also love your inspiration board how did you make that? Keep updating I am loving the read!

Teresa

I just started reading your journal and I really love your story. I also love your inspiration board how did you make that? Keep updating I am loving the read!

Teresa

Hi Teresa and Thanks! I made the inspiration board at Weddingwire.com. You can pick from the pictures they have on the site, or you can input pictures from your computer. It is a lot of fun to play around with!

I took your advice and got on wedding wire how did you post your inspiration board I can't seem to get mine to post. I also can't seem to save it as an image.

any suggestions?

Teresa

I am loving your PJ so far! Your ring is gorgeous, the clouds inyourinspiration board. Are so fun and pretty, and your bridesmaid postcards are way too cute! Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter