SAP+ ?

Update to say I’ve been crunching numbers (DVC Math) and CCV is cheaper than Aulani Subsidized. (Total points divided by longer contract, for similar price pp)
*edit* Depends on purchase price, but going off contracts I see available that I would/could buy.

I’m back on board for CCV!!! ;)

Last edited:
The only issue I have with BLT is the difference in point per night is not that significant between standard and lake view and typically when I check at 7 months BLT lake view is pretty open. Off topic but it's funny that Paul Krieger always uses RIV as the frame of reference for expensive point charts but VGF has the most expensive point charts on property. I do like VGF during the holidays but ughhh those point charts lol
I think Riviera was the first one that significantly inflated point values so its kind of stuck in my head - Especially Preferred View. We did just film a show the other day though talking point values and VGF was the runaway high - Those Theme Park (or tree view) rooms are bonkers.

But anyhow... I think Riviera forward will all have this problem to a degree. I'm already nervous to see the new Poly point charts!

I think Riviera was the first one that significantly inflated point values so its kind of stuck in my head - Especially Preferred View. We did just film a show the other day though talking point values and VGF was the runaway high - Those Theme Park (or tree view) rooms are bonkers.

But anyhow... I think Riviera forward will all have this problem to a degree. I'm already nervous to see the new Poly point charts!
Yeahhh I’m pretty certain those Poly point charts will at the bare minimum match VGF if not become the new record high point charts in all of WDW

Yeahhh I’m pretty certain those Poly point charts will at the bare minimum match VGF if not become the new record high point charts in all of WDW
My guess: New point chart for "standard" deluxe studios (those do NOT face the lake or MK) will match the existing PVB chart for studios (no matter if it's a new association or not). The "tower / 2 person" studios will be slightly less, with a premium for any that face the lake or MK.. Studios that face the Lake or MK will be higher than the VGF charts as will any 1 or 2 or 3 bedroom villas that face the lake /MK park. Those larger units that do not face the lake or MK will match the chart for VGF.

It looks like there will be a lot of villas that face the lake / MK and have views of the MK fireworks

But if that's the case, doesn't it mean that they should generally be available to book at 7 months as many owners will try to switch to cheaper locations? If so, no need to buy direct.

But if that's the case, doesn't it mean that they should generally be available to book at 7 months as many owners will try to switch to cheaper locations? If so, no need to buy direct.
If people only ever wanted to stay at cheap resorts nobody would ever stay at VGF and RIV. Some will definitely switch at 7 months to try and extend their stays. Idk what buying direct in this case has to do with it, we don't know if it's going to be a new association or not yet.

Idk what buying direct in this case has to do with it, we don't know if it's going to be a new association or not yet.

Same rationale why some people don't buy Poly or Aulani. If you can routinely trade into it at 7 months with points you already have, why so an add-on there (especially if at least some or your points are direct/unrestricted and have access to new resorts)?

Same rationale why some people don't buy Poly or Aulani. If you can routinely trade into it at 7 months with points you already have, why so an add-on there (especially if at least some or your points are direct/unrestricted and have access to new resorts)?
Ahh when you said direct I thought you meant like buying resale vs direct, not buying it as a home resort. Do we know how many points will be available at the tower? If it's a large amount it'll be easier but if it's only a few million then it'll probably be hard. Also, if it's attached to the current association of PVB it will likely still be hard and be similar to VGF where the resort is studio heavy and having the bungalows attached to it makes things even worse.

Ahh when you said direct I thought you meant like buying resale vs direct, not buying it as a home resort. Do we know how many points will be available at the tower? If it's a large amount it'll be easier but if it's only a few million then it'll probably be hard. Also, if it's attached to the current association of PVB it will likely still be hard and be similar to VGF where the resort is studio heavy and having the bungalows attached to it makes things even worse.
Can we start debating Poly Tower on same assoc or not... again? :)
My vote is same, I'm sticking with it.

Can we start debating Poly Tower on same assoc or not... again? :)
My vote is same, I'm sticking with it.

Mine is new, but I am down to 90% vs 99% I was last year. I think they are waiting for one of two reasons.

If it will be new, and they wanted FW cabins document to be filed for sales first, so they have a second resort that will be for sale restricted at WDW, and then when it’s announced Poly tower is also new with restrictions it softens the blow.

Or, they are delaying the amendment to add to PVB because they are a bit worried it will impact FW sales from the start and want to delay as long as possible.

Ok, now that 2024 dues are out & Aulani jumped a lot (6.78%), I'm thinking BLT is a better SAP+ value. I'm bummed that everything else is over $8 now, but at least CCV is still low $8's. :)
I'm still setting CCV as my #1 choice for SAP+, because of 7 month availability at BLT (lake view studio).

Resort2024 Dues2023 Dues% Increase
Animal Kingdom Villas$9.0820$8.80993.09%
Aulani$9.7620$9.14246.78%
Aulani (Subsidized)$7.3385$6.87276.78%
Bay Lake Tower$7.5902$7.42552.22%
Beach Club Villas$8.6256$8.16555.63%
BoardWalk Villas$8.6711$8.53091.64%
Boulder Ridge$8.6790$8.51101.97%
Copper Creek Villas$8.0938$7.92032.19%
Disneyland Hotel$9.5307$9.06005.20%
Grand Californian$8.5544$8.04096.39%
Grand Floridian$7.5740$7.33323.28%
Hilton Head$11.3140$10.73055.44%
Old Key West$9.8666$9.35705.45%
Polynesian$8.2301$7.94753.56%
Riviera$8.8508$8.50494.07%

Last edited:
Ok, now that 2024 dues are out & Aulani jumped a lot (6.78%), I'm thinking BLT is a better SAP+ value. I'm bummed that everything else is over $8 now, but at least CCV is still low $8's. :)
I'm still setting CCV as my #1 choice for SAP+, because of availability at 7months at BLT (lake view studio).

Resort2024 Dues2023 Dues% Increase
Animal Kingdom Villas$9.0820$8.80993.09%
Aulani$9.7620$9.14246.78%
Aulani (Subsidized)$7.3385$6.87276.78%
Bay Lake Tower$7.5902$7.42552.22%
Beach Club Villas$8.6256$8.16555.63%
BoardWalk Villas$8.6711$8.53091.64%
Boulder Ridge$8.6790$8.51101.97%
Copper Creek Villas$8.0938$7.92032.19%
Disneyland Hotel$9.5307$9.06005.20%
Grand Californian$8.5544$8.04096.39%
Grand Floridian$7.5740$7.33323.28%
Hilton Head$11.3140$10.73055.44%
Old Key West$9.8666$9.35705.45%
Polynesian$8.2301$7.94753.56%
Riviera$8.8508$8.50494.07%
Good. I hope people will leave the Sub Aulani contracts for those of us that actually want to go to Aulani.

I’m with you on CCV… provided you get get it in the 130s
Yep, i may haver to pay a little higher for a 60pt contract, but definitely lower than $150.

Good. I hope people will leave the Sub Aulani contracts for those of us that actually want to go to Aulani.
There is a great one out there right now!! (if my VGC fell thru it was my backup plan. lol)

I’m quite late to this thread but since @tom1944 has given so much useful info to the community I wanted to add one thing that might be helpful for Tom— when thinking about how easy it is to book a potential home resort room (e.g. BLT lake view) at 7mo, you need to consider that things may drastically change in 2042 (and potentially even earlier as the only people still holding BWV and BCV and BRV are determined to use them). Probably lots of current BLT owners trading to BRV/BWV/BCV, so while some OKW SAP will leave the system, a lot of other desirable low point legacy resorts will leave as well.

Then combine the fraction of “resale restricted” resorts, and I could see BLT and CCV becoming way more competitive at 7mo (with perhaps a lot of walking?) with their lower point charts.

I’m quite late to this thread but since @tom1944 has given so much useful info to the community I wanted to add one thing that might be helpful for Tom— when thinking about how easy it is to book a potential home resort room (e.g. BLT lake view) at 7mo, you need to consider that things may drastically change in 2042 (and potentially even earlier as the only people still holding BWV and BCV and BRV are determined to use them). Probably lots of current BLT owners trading to BRV/BWV/BCV, so while some OKW SAP will leave the system, a lot of other desirable low point legacy resorts will leave as well.

Then combine the fraction of “resale restricted” resorts, and I could see BLT and CCV becoming way more competitive at 7mo (with perhaps a lot of walking?) with their lower point charts.
Very fair point, at the end of the day nothing is guaranteed but being able to book your home resort at 11 months. This is especially true as the 7 month window becomes more and more competitive as DVC resorts are being built on WDW property with no signs of stopping.

Last edited:

I think CCV at 7mo can already be tough, which makes it even more desirable as a home resort/SAP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter