Running for Freedom(of the Seas) The Journey Begins Today!(Comments Welcome)

Wow. Six miles? Good for you! Gatherings are so tough, but running as much as you are the pounds are sure to come off quickly :goodvibes

Veronica,
You sound like me with that darn scale and some how I think we should lose with all the running we do but the scale gets stuck at a certain point.Many people have told me that maybe my body is not meant to be less than I am- I don't believe that and Jillian Michaels I am sure would tear their heads off for saying such a thing but it is frustrating.

Keep on it, you motivate me to want to get back out there again after this pup settles down.

Linda

Thanks Linda! The weight is always tricky while training. You would think it would fall off, but I seem to need to eat more. It will happen, I need to be patient.

Humidity is back, it was overcast and sprinkling this morning when I went out to run. But I ran well, 3 miles in 29:42, 9:53 pace. Usually Tuesdays are tough for me, with having Monday off, but today seemed to go much better.
Earned 4 pts for my run.

weight: back down to 162.4, I'll take it.

points for today: 22 + 4 = 26

breakfast: 8 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 7 pts
granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 5 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
ham 1 pt
mustard 0 pts
chips 2 pts
pudding 1 pt

snack: almonds 4 pts

I took DD to TKD tonight, so I had to wait until almost 7:30 to have dinner. I took the almonds with me, hoping they would hold me until I got to have my sandwich. After eating dinner, I am still ravenous, though I only have 2 pts left. I am tempted to eat something and dip into flex points, but its already 9:30 and I am thinking about just sucking it up and going to bed soon.

Humidity continues after a night of heavy rains. UGH. Makes breathing while running tough. I was a bit slow this morning, but not horribly so.
Last night I was soooo hungry even after I ate dinner. Resisted the urge to eat everything in the house.

3 mile run in 30:59, 10:20 pace. Earned 4 pts

weight: 161.6, down is good

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 10 pts
soup 3 pts
roll 3 pts
brummel and brown 1 pt
pudding 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

A bit of stress at work lately. Our office manager (which is title only, she doesn't manage anything except making the rest of us miserable) was on vacation last week. Ahhh, paradise in the office. As soon as she is back, the stress level ratchets up rather quickly. Everything is personal to her, she meddles in everyone elses jobs, nothing makes her happy. In short, she is just a miserable person. I am getting tired of it, and my temper is getting short with her. I am trying to be the better person and take the high road, but the off ramp sure is long!

Ran a 4 mile tempo run this morning in 39:10; 9:47 pace. Pretty good. Weather was much better, but the humidity is coming back for the weekend. Earned 5 pts for todays effort.

weight: 160.6

points for today: 22 + 5 = 27

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: tbd

Back to work this Friday after having the last 2 Fridays off. Last week DD and I went to the beach, what a fun day we had. But alas, if I want to go on vacation, I have to work on Fridays.

No running today, so no extra points. 7 miles up tomorrow.

weight: 161.8

points for today: 22

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 9 pts
salad 0 pts
grilled chicken 3 pts
dressing 2 pt
bread 4 pts

dinner: 5 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

A warm and sunny morning. A little humid, but not too bad. 7 miles, mostly in the sun but some occasional shade. Ran it in 1:13:39, 10:32 avg pace. At one point I felt like my legs were so light and moving so fast and effortlessly, this must be how the Kenyans feel when they run! It didn't last long, but it was cool.

9 pts earned for my run.

weight: 159 :banana::banana::banana: FINALLY broke through. So excited to see that number!!

points for today: 21 + 9 = 30 (lose a daily point for dropping into a new decade)

pre-run and run:
pb & j and cytomax 5 pts

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 5 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

Yesterday DD had a birthday party to go to and DH had to drop off his truck for service. Which meant we went out for a late lunch/early dinner. And any time we get the chance, we go to the Mexican restaurant to eat. We shared this time, beans, tacos and enchiladas. I think I did pretty well and I had little or no desire to eat later on, even though DH had popcorn, which always tempts me.

Huge storms here last night, tons of lightning and thunder. Dog gets scared and shakes and shivers. He refuses to go out too. So unfortunately before I could get him out this morning he tinkled on the floor (at least on the hardwood, not the carpet!). So a bit of work before I could get out the door to run.

Ran 4 miles in 39:27, 9:51 pace. Felt like I could do that for the whole half marathon, so I am still reasonably confident in my projected finish time of 2:15 for the DL half.

Earned 5 pts for my run.

weight: holding steady at 159, am soooo happy!!

points for today: 21 + 5 = 26

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: tbd

We are going to the Apple store to look at ipod touch's for DD. She is saving her money up for one, we just really need to go look at them.

Another work week, another week closer to going to California! Last week of golf and tennis camps for DD, more camps coming up though. Started organizing her stuff for sleepaway camp. She has been saving her money for an ipod touch. So yesterday we went to the Apple store. Of course DH would rather see her get an ipad, but I cannot fathom spending that much money. Then she saw a netbook at Best Buy that she wants. We mulled over all the choice while having lunch at the mall yesterday. DH wanted to go to Uno's, which I do like on occasion. But the pizza is killer, even though DH and I shared. So no surprise that I had a gain this morning.

No exercise, no points

weight: 162, this will change tomorrow

points for today: 22

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

dinner: 9 pts
ww bread 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
lettuce, tomato 0 pts
bacon 4 pts
chips 2 pts

Starting week 10 of training, today's run was okay. I just wasn't feeling it, but I got the miles in. The last few days have been off track for eating, but I am getting back to it.

Ran 3 miles in 30:39, 10:13 pace. Earned 4 pts

weight: 160.6, much better

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 8 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
chicken 2 pts
ranch 2 pts
chips 2 pts
skinny cow fudge bar 1 pt

Gonna be another hot and sticky day here today. At least it is decent at 5:30 am. Still a lot of moisture in the air, but it is cooler at least.

Ran 4 miles in 39:31, 9:53 pace. Not too bad. Felt good most of the time, only had to stop once quick to re-tie my shoe. Earned 5 pts for my efforts.

weight: 159.6:thumbsup2 I like seeing that 1 and 5!!

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 7 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
turkey 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
chips 2 pts

Good job Veronica!!!!!!!! After the humidity this year- what about 3 straight weeks now- I have given up my "dream" of living in Florida- blah couldn't do it.

I am ready for Sept temps except beach days.

Linda

I did not have time to post this morning like I usually do, trying to get DD off to camps with my MIL (who is still mad at me and refuses to come in the house LOL).

Yes Linda the humidity has really been something. I don't mind the heat, but the moisture in the air is no good!!

Ran 4 miles this morning, it was cool and windy, humidity much lower, though it is coming back for Sat (and my long run). Ran my best time yet, 38:58, 9:45 pace. It was a good tempo run, I did take a couple quick walk breaks to catch my breath. Earned 5 pts

weight: 159.4, gosh how I love the 150's. But look out 140's here I come!!!

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 10 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts
mocha latte with skim milk and splenda 3 pts

dinner: 9 pts
roll 3 pts
chicken 2 pts
ranch 2 pts
chips 2 pts

No running yesterday and DH wanted pizza last night. And while I exercised some restraint with how much I ate, I still felt it this morning on my 8 mile run. It was wicked humid, hot and sticky at 6:30 am. I managed a decent outing, with two small walk breaks. Ran in 1:24:52, 10:36 pace. Earned me 11 points

weight: 159.8, which is good considering yesterdays eating issues.

points for today: 21 + 11 = 32

pre run/run: 5 pts
cytomax and half a pb&j

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pt
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 9 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
pizza 4 pts

dinner:tbd

More hot and humid weather here. UGH. Yesterday's long run was tough, but todays 5 miler at race pace was worse. Mile 1 was great-strong and fast. Mile 2 I slowed a bit due to the hill, but ok. Mile 3 the wheels started falling off the bus. I walked a bit. I somehow managed to salvage miles 4 and 5, finishing strong. But it was questionable. I actually thought about calling DH to come pick me up. But I knew I needed to do the whole 5 miles to burn off last nights dinner. We ate out, DD got a net book instead of the ipod touch she had been saving for. I was craving beef last night, don't know why, since it doesn't really agree with me. So I had a hot meatloaf sandwich with fries and LOTS of gravy. It was divine!!! Figured I would pay dearly today, as I went to bed early with a tummyache. But lo and behold, I was down today, both before and after my run.

Earned 6 pts for my run.

weight: 158.6:cool1:

points for today: 21 + 6 = 27

breakfast: 9 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
banana 2 pts

Haven't posted up in a few days, busy here. Training is going well, diet so-so.

Ran 4 miles this morning in 40:38, 10:10 pace, not bad. Earned 5 pts for my efforts.

weight: 159.6, amen

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

boss wants to go out for lunch, I really don't want to. Oh well, its just one day.

I have really been lazy about posting on my journal. Things here are just so crazy it seems. Last week I had a stomach bug, not feeling well Weds and Thurs. Then Friday I started a sinus infection. Boy when it rains it pours!

My long run on Saturday was good, Sunday's race pace 6 miler was AWESOME!!! Ran in 57:44, which is my best time by 7 minutes. Weight however, has not been awesome. Friends from out of town came by on Saturday, so we went out for Mexican. I had fajitas (chicken) and they were wonderful. But I ate too much. Then yesterday we were out school shopping for DD and had fish fry for lunch. I didn't eat too much, but still its fried fish.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning, so no idea where I am at.

points for today: I will go with 22, since yesterday I was at 159.6 and I am positive I am up over 160 today.

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

I am still feeling a bit under the weather. Came home last night feeling stuffed up and queasy. Held off on eating dinner and then just had some cereal.

Ran 3 miles this morning in 30:11, 10:04 pace. Not bad considering. Tuesdays always seem to be a bit tougher for me to get going. Earned 4 pts.

weight: 159.6, considering what I ate yesterday, I am pleased

points for today: 21 + 4 = 25

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

Humidity is back unfortunately. I really am tired of it, just hoping that it doesn't last long. Plus it is not quite as light out at 5:30am as it used to be. That will only get worse I'm afraid.

Ran 4 miles in 40:27, 10:07 pace. Earned 5 pts

weight: 158.6

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

chicken 3 pts
rice 4 pts

UGH. What else can I say about the humidity. My 4 mile tempo run this morning was UGLY. Not even close to tempo pace. But I got the miles in, so I guess that counts for something.

Ran 4 miles in 41:56, 10:29 pace:sad2: Earned 5 pts though

weight: 158.2, not down as much as I would have liked, but down none the less

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

salad 0 pts
dressing 2 pts
baked sweet potato 3 pts
brummel and brown 2 pts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter