Running for Freedom(of the Seas) The Journey Begins Today!(Comments Welcome)

Veronica:

Thanks again for bumping up my journal. You have had such good control over your diet and exercise; I'm impressed! The scale has been making me crazy lately too--despite the instructions, I'm thinking about just weighing one day a week just so I'm keep the goal in mind and don't stress over the daily ups and downs. Right now, any sodium or processed foods seem to make me hang on to fluids.

Our weather is so unseasonably cold and wet (even for the Pacific NW); all the little annuals, tomato, peppers I planted are cold stressed and shivering. But the weeds! Oh but the weed are thriving! I can't keep up with them.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Laurie

Last couple days have been :guilty: with food. Not making the best choices. But I am more attuned to how bad it makes me feel when I eat poorly. So I am back on the eating good wagon.

4 miles in 42:17, 10:34 pace this morning. One of my more interesting runs. A fox, some rain and a serious need of a bathroom. Earned me 5 pts

weight: back down to 163.2

points for today: 22 + 5 = 27

breakfast: 8 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 6 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
ham 1 pt
mustard 0 pts
chips 2 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 9 pts
ribs 4 pts
sweet potato 3 pts
corn on the cob 2 pts
ICBINB 0 pts

One year ago today I started this journal, on my way to running the half marathon at WDW. And now I am training for my first DL half. Oh how far I have come!

3 miles on the treadmill this morning due to the rain outside. Did intervals in 31:27, 10:29 avg pace. It was tough after 2 days of not running and eating poorly. Earned me 4 exercise points

weight: 164.4, trying to get going again. I should be at 157-158 at this point, so I am a bit behind. I think once I start increasing my mileage I may see the weight come off faster.

points for today: 22 + 4 = 26

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 8 pts
chicken noodle soup 1 pt
salad 0 pts
grilled chicken 6 pts
tzatziki 1 pt

dinner: 10 pts
eggs 3 pts
ww bread 1 pt
brummel and brown 1 pt
skinny cow fudge bar 1 pt
granola 4 pts

Slowly I am feeling better, ridding my body of the unhealthy food I indulged in over the weekend. I still feel a bit sluggish when running, so I know it may be a couple more days before I feel right again.

Ran 3 miles this morning in 30:17, 10:06 avg pace. Not too bad. It was a beautiful morning to run. Earned 4 points.

weight: 163, a new low!

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 7 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

eggs 3 pts
ham 1 pt
cheese 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
brummel and brown 1 pt
chips 2 pts

Got up to a cloudy day, looked like rain but I went out to run regardless. Kind of breezy, light sprinkles but EXTREMELY humid. Felt like I was running through pea soup. Hard to breathe at times too. Definately not an easy run, but I have to be able to run in any kind of conditions, since who knows what the weather will be in SoCal.

3 miles in 30:34, 10:11 avg pace. Didn't honestly feel like I went that fast. Earned 4 exercise points.

weight: down again to 162.6, now at 18 lbs lost since the end of January. I am a bit behind where I should be, but its okay.

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 11 pts
6 in orchard chicken salad sub from Subway 7 pts
chips 2 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: tbd, 7 pts available

So as you can see, I skipped a few days:rolleyes1 Thursday night we had pizza and wings, not good at all (well the pizza was awesome, the aftermath was not good). Friday I did all right. Saturday was DD's race, a nap and grocery shopping. Back to it today, with laundry and general housecleaning on the agenda.

No exercise today, so no extra points

weight: 163.6, I keep bouncing around the same numbers. I am soo wanting to get to 159.

points for today: 22

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
strawberries 1 pt

lunch: 5 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

baked sweet potato 3 pts
brummel and brown 1 pt
chicken 3 pts
corn on the cob 2 pts
ICBINB spray 0 pts

Off day from running today, as all Mondays are. Which is good, cause Monday is hard enough without having to get up and run. Busy here with school winding down and all of DD's 5th grade activities. Can't wait for summer to start so that things settle down a bit.

No exercise, so no extra points

weight: 164.8, ugh

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
strawberries 1 pt

lunch: tbd

dinner: 5 pts
salad 0 pts
chicken 3 pts
tzatziki 1 pt

A beautiful morning to run here in NY. Cool, sunny, just perfect. Ran 3 miles in 30:29, 10:09 avg pace. Not too shabby. Felt good, didn't feel like I was dying. That is important, as this pace (around 10 min/mile) is now my new "norm". It is taking some getting used to, as I am so used to being slower that I think I am going too fast. But with more weight loss and increased training, its natural that my pace would get better.

Earned 4 exercise pts for my run.

weight: back down to 163.8

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
cherries 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 7 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
turkey 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
chips 2 pts

A "breakthrough"-I have had a pair of size 10 jeans in my closet for almost 3 years. Have not been able to quite fit into them. Tried them on this morning. While they were a bit snug, I was able to get them up and button them (on the third attempt LOL:rotfl:). This is progress.

Ran 3 miles in 30:26, 10:08 pace. I am being consistent with my pace, which is a good thing. Earned 4 exercise points.

weight: down slightly to 163.6

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 9 pts
ww yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
banana 2 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

eggs 3 pts
ww bread 1 pt
brummel and brown 1 pt

Last night was bad. I gave in once again and ate poorly. I was craving rice, so we got chinese food. I didn't eat that much, but the sodium! Holy cow am I retaining water!! It made my run this morning a bit more difficult for sure. I did run my 3 miles in exactly 30 minutes, but it was neither easy nor pretty. I had trouble catching my breath. Earned 4 pts for my effort.

weight: up to 165-water weight.

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

ww yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts
cherries 1 pt
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt

eggs 3 pts
ww bread 1 pt
brummel and brown 1 pt

Busy days here. With the end of the school year and lots of other activities, I have a hard time keeping up.

I am going back to weighing in on Sundays and starting my week then; it just seems to work out the best. So while today is not "on plan" I am trying to not be WAYYYY far off either.

Ran 6 miles this morning in 1:05, not bad. My slow runs need to be just that, slow. Sometimes its hard for me to slow down. Earned 8 exercise points.

weight: 163

points for today: 22 + 8 = 30

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 16 pts
white pizza with broccoli and mushroom 1 slice 6 pts
popcorn chicken(ate a couple of DD's little ones) 5 pts
mini hot dog (DH couldn't finish his) 5 pts

sourdough bread 2 pts
roast beef 2 pts
russian dressing 2 pts
chips 4 pts

Rainy day yesterday. Took DD to TKD and went grocery shopping. Went home, dropped off the groceries and went back out with DH and DD to shop for shoes. Sandals for DD for her graduation; running shoes for DH and I. I love going to Fleet Feet, it is just my favorite place. It was busy and I really wasn't sure I wanted to try anything new in shoes. The guy brought out my Omni 9's (which I bought) and the Asics Gel Kayano. WOW that is one nice shoe. Light, felt good on my foot but just not "right". I become a creature of habit with gear, I know what to expect with the Omni, so I stuck with it. Plus the Asics were $140, compared to $110 for the Saucony. Funny though, that DH's Asics were only $99. Oh well. I wanted to wear the new shoes this morning, but it was drizzly and wet, don't want to ruin them already!

3 miles this morning in 30:09, 10:03 avg pace. Felt good. Earned 4 exercise pts.

weight: down to 162, :cool1: finally moving in the right direction again.

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

roll 2 pts
turkey 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
chips 3 pts

dinner: 16 pts
tuna 2 pts
tzatziki 1 pt
sourdough bread 3 pts
fritos 4 pts
cookies 6 pts

points used: 32
flex used: 6
flex remaining: 29

Yucky monday today. Weather here has been just terrible in the last week. Hoping for an improvement soon. No running this morning, slept really well last night. Resisted the popcorn that DH had last night. Felt good about that.

No exercise, so no extra points today.

weight: 163

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 11 pts
cream of chicken soup 4 pts
salad 0 pts
dressing 1 pt
popcorn 6 pts

dinner:5 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

points used: 24
flex used: 2
flex remaining: 27

Feeling kind of blah when I got up today, tummy was a little off. Geared up and went out to run. Tried out my new shoes today, not too bad. Felt much better once I finished running.

Ran 3 miles in 30:22, 10:07 avg pace. Earned 4 exercise pts.

weight: 162.2 YEAH!!!:banana:

coffee 0 pt
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts
banana 2 pts

dinner: 8 pts
chicken 4 pts
rice 4 pts
carrots 0 pts
ice cream

Thanks Jude for the promo!!

I am a work in progress, slow but sure!

I can't believe I havent posted since Tuesday. Boy oh boy has this been one crazy week. With the boss's wife in the hospital and an altered work schedule, things have been crazy here. But I have continued to follow my training plan with running. WW, well not as much as I should.

Ran 7 miles this morning in 1:15:38, 10:49 avg pace. Earned me 10 points.

weight: 161.4:thumbsup2

points for today: 22 + 10 = 32

pre run: bread with peanut butter 3 pts

during run: cytomax electrolyte drink 1 pt

post run: 1/2 cup coffee 1 pt

at the movies: popcorn 8 pts

lunch: 6 pts
pizza (white with broccoli, 1 slice)
diet snapple

adult beverage: wine cooler 3 pts

cereal 4 pts
milk 2 pts
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts

points used: 32
flex used: 0
flex remaining: 0

Good morning!

The title of your journal caught my eye, so I just had to stop by and say hi! I haven't read through it yet but plan to in the next couple of days. I'm also a Jersey girl (or older gal ) and also have a cruise planned for Freedom OTS.

All the best to you on your health and fitness journey!

Thanks Denise! Actually, we went on Freedom this past January after the Disney Half Marathon. But I am too lazy to start a new journal:rolleyes1 so I just kept this one going.

If you haven't been on Freedom, you will love it! It was an awesome trip, even though the weather was less than stellar, we missed Labadee due to rain and then the earthquake hit later that day. If you have any questions, let me know, I'll be happy to answer them. And DH and I do a podcast about cruising on Royal Caribbean if that interests you. Its www dot crowncast dot org.

Yesterday was a good day. I did my 7 mile run, felt good. Then we went to see Toy Story 3. I was good and limited the popcorn consumption. Then home, some housework and grocery shopping. With the heat and humidity, I wasn't terribly hungry last night.

This mornings run of 4 miles was brutal. Oh so humid. Usually on a shorter run I do not take any water or drink with me but today I did, thank goodness. I would have died without it. Earned 5 exercise points for my efforts today.

weight: down to 160.4, so close to the 150's YAY!!

points for today: 22 + 5 = 27

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

bologna 2 pts
roll 3 pts
doritos 4 pts

dinner: 17 pts
chicken 4 pts
rice 4 pts
green beans 0 pts
corn on the cob 1 pt
ICBINB spray 0 pts
pineapple sherbert 4 pts
cookies 4 pts

points used: 34
flex used: 7
flex remaining: 28

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter