Running Down a Dream 2: It's All About the Swag

Hi, Scott. Just wanted to say what an AWESOME JOB you have done over the last year. It's amazing how much the WISH board journalers (is that a word?) help to keep you going, isn't it? I for one am SO GLAD to have found this group, and I totally get what you're saying about how much encouragement and support they provide. You, my friend, are a person who personifies success when it comes to setting healthy lifestyle goals and achieving them. I am proud to have had even an infinitesimal effect on your journey, and I am glad that you will be sticking around. I like it when you get wild and crazy on the boards - you always make me laugh!

I don't know if I'll get back to your journal before you leave, so I just want to WISH you well and let you know that I hope you have a GREAT TIME, that you stay INJURY FREE and that you ROCK THE GOOFY (I don't have to hope for that one, I KNOW that will happen).

Have a great trip!

Susan

Hey Scott--just wanted to drop in and say that I hope you have a safe trip down to WDW! When are you leaving?

Can't wait to meet you on Friday at Pecos Bills!!!

Thanks all :)

Well...no more runs until this weekend!! I completed my final 3 miles tonight on the treadmill (didn't want to chance injury AT ALL with hills). Tomorrow night I'm going to do 30 on the elliptical and then that will finish off 20 weeks of marathon training :goodvibes:

It's completely surreal to think that we'll be out there again in a few short days racing a half and a full back to back...doesn't seem possible that it's been a year since the first marathon, but yet it seems so long ago. My excitement is definitely building as it approaches, but I'm more excited about the vacation surrounding the races!! I guess I'll just chalk that up to having a calm confidence in our ability to successfully complete both events.

I will have the laptop in tow and will hopefully post some updates from Florida as the weekend progresses.

I'll be around a bit tomorrow and I head for the Sunshine State early Thursday morning by car.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Scott!!! :dance3: Almost time to pack it up and hit the road... Did I read that correctly... You're driving??? How long does it take you? I think it takes Susan somewhere between 6- 7ish hours??? Maybe a little less as most of the time they travel through the night. I'm sure she will post if I'm wrong. For us it takes more like 9 so yes, that is why we are flying this time!

I know you're excited! I have all the confidence that you guys will do well!

Can't wait to meet you on Friday! Have a safe trip down to the House of the Mouse! :)

Stacie

Hey, Scott. I haven't been checking in much on your journey this year, but I'm sure that you are more than ready for GOOFY!! Just wanted to stop in and wish you
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: GOOD LUCK!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm sure you'll do wonderful!! Have a great race and a wonderful trip!!

Thanks everyone!

Checking in for the last time before heading down to Florida in a few hours. Going to drive and I want to beat that early morning Atlanta rush hour so I'm headed out before 6am.

Thanks a ton to everyone for all of the support this year!! I'll post a detailed report (with photos) when I return....and I hope to be stopping by with updates from WDW as the week & weekend progresses...

Just in case, have a great week everyone!! I'll be thinking about you guys!

I'll post a detailed report (with photos) when I return....and I hope to be stopping by with updates from WDW as the week & weekend progresses...

I look forward to it, Mr I. Enjoy those races and I know you guys will completely ROCK them!! :thumbsup2

hello from sunny Florida!!

well...after a wonderful "journal meet" lunch yesterday..and a nice visit with the WISH team last evening...it was time to race this morning :)

full report later, but we finished faster than planned, coming in at 2:29:30. everything feels fine right now and the half marathon was a BLAST!!

2:45am sure is early though ;)

Off to go get lunch and park hop. will check in after the full tomorrow!

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Great job, Scott!:thumbsup2 It sounds like you are having a great time in sunny Florida!:banana: Keep up the good work and remember, we're cheering you on from not-so-sunny Ohio! ;) :cheer2:

Go Scott!:cheer2:

I, too, can't wait for your report, Scott. I lurk a lot, just don't post!!(BAD, I know!!) Are you gonna make me cry again??????

Hope it was everything you wanted it to be!

Hey Scott!!!

I just wanted to say it was so much fun running for a little bit with you guys on Sunday. When you guys got to me it was a much needed boost that I so needed at that point in the race! Even though I couldn't keep up with you and Amy for long, I was glad to be able to run with you for a little bit. I will let you tell everyone how you did....but I just wanted to say that you guys ROCK!!!

I seem to remember they took a little while to post their experiences last year too. Hopefully they're laying around, being lazy, eating like pigs and getting lots of rest.

:rotfl2: (I crack myself up)

Back from Florida!

I'll work on a TR tonight and hopefully have it posted soon ;)

Amy has posted a nice report in her journal that details most of the happenings (thanks buddy!), but I'll post my thoughts here as well....in the mood for some over the top drama? :rotfl:

Would have posted something sooner but....I HAD NO STINKIN' INTERNET!! Was relying on my Windows Mobile phone, which is great for reading but a bit tedious for posting :)

All in all it was an INCREDIBLE weekend that I will never forget. I can't wait to do it all again in '09 (oops...did I spill the beans already?)...

Off to go research salt packs ;) and start this TR....

A big ol' CONGRATS to you Scott! From what I read on Amy's journal, you guys rocked it! :woohoo: I'll wait til you post your report before commenting any more, but wanted to say welcome back, friend. :thumbsup2

Yeah! You're back... Safe and sound! I'm ready for some drama! I read Amy's and it sounds like you had an awesome time! I can't wait to read it from your point of view!!! :goodvibes IF you guys decide to go Goofy again... Maybe I'll see you at the half. ;) I'll have to try to convince Matt...

It was so great meeting you for lunch! One of the highlights of the weekend! I feel like I "know" you guys so much better now!

Stacie

No drama yet...actually struggling putting a trip report together.

Hopefully I'll have one posted this weekend. I'm sorry for the delay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter