Roy’s

Inga

DIS Veteran
i don’t hear a lot on these boards about Roy’s anymore. We have gone many times for happy hour on their deck and watch the golfers come in on the 18th hole (often very amusing)…we hope to go several times on our trip in Feb 2022. Is it that we don’t hear as much about it because there are other, better options, or has it become not a great place to go?

It's personally one of my favorites in the Koolina area but getting a reservation is tough because with social distancing protocols in effect, the capacity is reduced. Sometimes nothing available on OpenTable 2 months out. I'm unsure how their busy their HH is right now. I advise trying to book Roy's as far in advance as possible. Other Dis'ers haven't enjoyed it but unsure what exactly tarnished their experience.

I find another restaurant in the area with good food is Longhi's in the Marriott. Four Season's recently reopened but they are so very expensive! I'm not a fan of Monkeypod at all. Even at HH prices, it's not quite worth it.

It's personally one of my favorites in the Koolina area but getting a reservation is tough because with social distancing protocols in effect, the capacity is reduced. Sometimes nothing available on OpenTable 2 months out. I'm unsure how their busy their HH is right now. I advise trying to book Roy's as far in advance as possible. Other Dis'ers haven't enjoyed it but unsure what exactly tarnished their experience.

I find another restaurant in the area with good food is Longhi's in the Marriott. Four Season's recently reopened but they are so very expensive! I'm not a fan of Monkeypod at all. Even at HH prices, it's not quite worth it.

i called them and made my November reservation last month.

i don’t hear a lot on these boards about Roy’s anymore. We have gone many times for happy hour on their deck and watch the golfers come in on the 18th hole (often very amusing)…we hope to go several times on our trip in Feb 2022. Is it that we don’t hear as much about it because there are other, better options, or has it become not a great place to go?

i been to both the Ko Olina and Turtle Bay locations. Love them both

We are going the first week of August. I called 2 months ahead for our party of seven and was offered 5 or 7:30 pm. It was my favorite meal a few years back so hope the experience is the same :-)

Anyone know if you need ressies for happy hour? We usually eat on the deck…not even sure you can reserve on the deck…

Anyone know if you need ressies for happy hour? We usually eat on the deck…not even sure you can reserve on the deck…
I’m nearly sure I remember another poster (not sure which thread though) saying they didn’t take res until maybe 5, when HH ended, and that it was only inside. Many apologies if that’s incorrect!! I would just call them directly and ask.

Wondering what people wear for dinner there…specifically for DH ..do people wear shorts, jeans or khakis..or is it just personal preference?

We went to the Roy’s on the big island last week- it was undoubtedly the worst meal of our two weeks in Hawaii, one week on the big Island and one week on Oahu. Oahu has so many better options than Roy‘s. We stayed at the four seasons, they have a very good Italian and seafood restaurant but they were both very pricey. Lots of better options in downtown Honolulu and other areas near Waikiki.

The Italian restaurant at four seasons (Noe), while pricey, was one of the best Italian restaurants I’ve been to. And I live in New Jersey. But undoubtedly the best meal was in the north shore, at a Thai food truck named Malai.

We went to Roy's in Ko Olina last week. It was our last dinner of the vacation, and we all thought it was the best. We had many amazing meals over 12 days and on 2 islands and this was our favorite.

I have a ressie for August. Is the place kid friendly at all?
We had a (almost) 6 year old and 8 year old with us and they loved it. They have a nice little 3 course meal for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter