Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

So much great in that recap! I loved that you told the pacer basically, "hey, I'm gonna hang with you until I feel like I'm ready to leave you in my dust" and then you did just that! I'm mean maybe you weren't quite that out there in what you said, but that's what I heard. :D You've done amazing things this year and it's been so fun to see you get faster and more confident. Love that little chocolate plate at the end. YUMMY!

And, I'm really hoping the lottery gods favor us and we can enjoy the magic of porta potties in Chicago.

Haha it was definitely more in the "ummm I think I might do this if I'm able to, we'll just see, I hope I can" cautious roxy voice. But maybe next time I'll say it more like how you imagined it!!!

I hope we can line up for porta potties together in October (a sentence I bet you'd never thought you would read today.) :)

I'm in some kind of special running mindset right now. I feel like a different runner. Less scared, more confident, less tired, stronger. I'm still no elite but I really like running and running people and training
Love your recap, all of your goal crushing these past few months, and especially this! :hug:
No doubt that this translates into the rest of life/work as well...that your running journey has made you a more confident and stronger wife, mother, etc.
Enjoy your well deserved trip to WDW and magical 5k!!

Oops, you did it again
Played with your pace, and then upped your game
Oh PR, baby
Oops, you played 90's pop
And your legs won't stop
There's chocolate in the end

#crushinggoals
BRAVO SIR :worship::worship::worship:
Britney-Spears-Clapping-and-Dancing.gif

Awesome job! You earned that chocolate!

And YES to finding a new half marathon to crush. ::yes::

But maybe not for a few weeks (or longer) ::yes::

Oops, you did it again
Played with your pace, and then upped your game
Oh PR, baby
Oops, you played 90's pop
And your legs won't stop
There's chocolate in the end

#crushinggoals

This is gold! And guess what song started me off yesterday?

IMG_2444.PNG

Love your recap, all of your goal crushing these past few months, and especially this! :hug:
No doubt that this translates into the rest of life/work as well...that your running journey has made you a more confident and stronger wife, mother, etc.
Enjoy your well deserved trip to WDW and magical 5k!!

Thanks!! That's all very nice of you to say. I'm so close to be all packed and getting so excited!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2443.JPG

Congrats! You are living your best life right now - totally killing all the races! :) I'm inspired!!

Oh gosh that's so nice of you to say! And you might be right about my best life...I did just steal a small piece of my kiddo's day old birthday cake.

Only THE MOST popular pavilion in WDW. Not just in Epcot but in all of WDW. ::yes:: I know the other parks don’t have pavilions but still.

I hear the Chili Whip is a hit outside the Tiki Room this year. You can order it 5 ways.

I kinda love this pic. Everyone is so happy. We look like it's a photo shoot for women who really love running 9.3 miles. And then there's a pirate.

View attachment 280604

Also, I'm the one in the crazy pants. The crazy pattern generates warmth.

Love love love!! Great recap and great photo! Congrats on another great race! I always think about doing Hot Chocolate, but it's such a busy time for an overnight and I have a ton of travel coming up with 18yo's college auditions this year. (Barrio in Cleveland less than three weeks away, @Ariel484!!) But Hot Chocolate is still on the list for someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter