Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I love that you wrote them down and shared them with us!! I look forward to cheering you on as you crush them!!!
[Some of those are on my list too (which is now in google doc form!) like the Disney challenge business and the sprint tri...]

19. Talking as many disboarders as I can to run Chicago area races with me :)
I keep bugging the husband about this trip to Chicago for a race thing...:tiptoe: Will keep you posted.

I freakn' love this list!! It is so amazing that you wrote it down and just put it out there to the Universe!! These are (mostly) doable too, which makes it all the more awesome!!

Ok 8x400 workout in the books. I got a bit hot out the gate each time and had to reign that back in. I was trying to hit 9:14 and I guess got a little too excited.
Enjoyed my resting interval breaks.
Gonna try to hit the 9:14 more accurately next week for my 4x800
IMG_2216.PNG
And in case y'all were worried about the hills in Chicago...check out this doozy of an elevation chart!
IMG_2218.PNG

Ok 8x400 workout in the books. I got a bit hot out the gate each time and had to reign that back in. I was trying to hit 9:14 and I guess got a little too excited.
Enjoyed my resting interval breaks.
Gonna try to hit the 9:14 more accurately next week for my 4x800
View attachment 274800
And in case y'all were worried about the hills in Chicago...check out this doozy of an elevation chart!
View attachment 274801
So you just blew those 8x400s outta the water, wow. I'm no @DopeyBadger but I would consider adjusting that interval pace a bit for your 4x800s. You were under 9:00 for every interval and usually WELL under 9:00. Your recovery stayed consistent as well so it would appear that you were running at appropriate paces. Great workout!

So you just blew those 8x400s outta the water, wow. I'm no @DopeyBadger but I would consider adjusting that interval pace a bit for your 4x800s. You were under 9:00 for every interval and usually WELL under 9:00. Your recovery stayed consistent as well so it would appear that you were running at appropriate paces. Great workout!

WOW! You dominated those 400s! I'm so impressed!

Thanks guys. I talked with coach last night and I was trying to go harder than my HM tempo pace and pushed a little on the hard side. It was surprisingly not too terrible hitting those paces for just over 2 min of running (especially with breathers in between); not sure I could sustain that pace uninterrupted over multiple miles (untested). But I'm not supposed to be worrying about my pace for my race.

Hey at least I know my one "bad" Half didn't cause permanent fitness losses (so you all were right, haha)

It was surprisingly not too terrible hitting those paces for just over 2 min of running (especially with breathers in between); not sure I could sustain that pace uninterrupted over multiple miles (untested).

Get out of my brain. I had the same experience and thought process during my 6x400s this morning. BUT, my RIs were 30 seconds, not another full quarter mile of running in between. So :worship: to you!

Way to crush those 800s!

(except you legit nailed it, not Andy Bernard nailed it)
giphy.gif

Actually 4, I think - you, roxy, @GollyGadget, and @run.minnie.miles.

Just going to leave this here and say that the second to last leg runs right by my house (well about 0.5 miles from it).

https://www.runragnar.com/event-detail/relay/chicago

It goes from Chicago to Madison.

I followed this link, and the first thing I clicked on the page was "shop." That's OK, right?

The correct answer is always buy the bike.

Ha! That's what I did!

Way to go on those 400s. We always seem to go a bit fast on our track work too and I just decided not to stew about it too much. As long as we were relatively close, we just went with what felt right.

Way to go on those 400s. We always seem to go a bit fast on our track work too and I just decided not to stew about it too much. As long as we were relatively close, we just went with what felt right.

It's hard to check your watch to get to the right pace when you only have so many minutes to work with and it's dark and there's only two street lights (sometimes three) over the duration of the 400. I totally botched the paying attention to distance on the first couple go rounds as you can see in my messy distance at the beginning. Just still in half marathon training brain mode I think.

@ZellyB (and anyone else) Do you do you track workout on an actual track? There's a high school track across from my house that is sometimes open and sometimes not. But I haven't used it (hubby has) because I'm usually doing full miles not little speed segments. If it's a normal large size high school track...how many meters is that usually around?

Maybe I get out of my comfort zone and attempt to run on a real track next week? Maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter