Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I love Rocky Road. I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but I was when I was pregnant. DH found a recipe to make Rocky Road and now every time something good happens (promotion, birthday, what have you), he makes a batch for me. It's the best, and it has spoiled me for other ice cream.

He MAKES you ice cream????!!! OMG, you should marry him!!! Wait...

I remember the first time me and my buddies went on a road trip to Chicago...I got a little bit excited when I saw we would be driving through Gary Indiana (Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana). Let's just say it isn't all it's cracked up to be :sad2:

Seriously? Now, I've got that song stuck in my head. And not only stuck in my head, but as sung by a lispy Ron Howard!!

a06997783b3867e7b2ae839acb5f4f57.jpg

I love that my journal had a musical QOTD yesterday!!! And since I'm in the exact opposite mood to go running or talk about running or think about running (well until at least tomorrow) how about What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mine is peppermint!

Favorite Broadway musical I've seen is Beauty and the Beast with Wicked a close second. Now, if we can talk MOVIE musicals, it's Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (misogynistic tale that it is).

I'm more of a sherbet/sorbet fan. Raspberry in particular. And, now I'm hungry! >:(

I love that my journal had a musical QOTD yesterday!!! And since I'm in the exact opposite mood to go running or talk about running or think about running (well until at least tomorrow) how about What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mine is peppermint!

And now I really need to see Spamalot, need to listen to my Wicked CD again (yes, one of my cars still has a working cd player that I use), and I need to tap dance with @sourire if I ever meet her. And now I will cancel my plans to take @CheapRunnerMike to go see the Gary Railcats play minor league ball next time he comes to our fair city :)

Oh this is tough!! I also love peppermint and regular mint...Generally I go with something that had a lot going on- candy, caramel/fudge ribbons and fun flavors. I once had an orange chocolate ice cream (at UNL's Dairy Store) and it was absolutely delicious.

Favorite ice cream? I can't pick just one!! :sad:

I think right now my favorite is the Campfire S'mores that a local place makes (if any of you are ever in NE Ohio - Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream is where it's at!), along with their peanut butter pretzel yogurt. I also enjoy a good cookies & cream. :)

Seriously? Now, I've got that song stuck in my head. And not only stuck in my head, but as sung by a lispy Ron Howard!!

Favorite Broadway musical I've seen is Beauty and the Beast with Wicked a close second. Now, if we can talk MOVIE musicals, it's Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (misogynistic tale that it is).

I'm more of a sherbet/sorbet fan. Raspberry in particular. And, now I'm hungry! >:(
Okay so I have never actually done this but always thought it would be delicious. Lime sorbet...with tequila! A new twist on the root beer float??

ooooh, sorbet....perfect in the summer. Is Dole Whip considered an ice cream or a sorbet. Cause I think I'd have to put that also in my favorite column.

PS- If anyone has a Kitchen Aid mixed... you NEED the ice cream maker attachment. It is awesome!

Well now I've got something else to put on my Christmas list.

Favorite ice cream? I can't pick just one!! :sad:

I think right now my favorite is the Campfire S'mores that a local place makes (if any of you are ever in NE Ohio - Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream is where it's at!), along with their peanut butter pretzel yogurt. I also enjoy a good cookies & cream. :)

Do you have any Graeters near you? I always go there when visiting my Cincy, OH family. The mint chip one is to die for...well really any of them with giant hunks of chocolate in them.

Okay so I have never actually done this but always thought it would be delicious. Lime sorbet...with tequila! A new twist on the root beer float??

I don't know if they'll have lime when you go...but they've got limon so maybe??
Epcot France pavillion meet Epcot Mexico! Make it happen!!!!! (also I have no idea if this will be good)
lartisan-des-glaces-ice-creams-and-sorbets.jpg

La-Cava-del-Tequila.jpg

Do you have any Graeters near you? I always go there when visiting my Cincy, OH family. The mint chip one is to die for...well really any of them with giant hunks of chocolate in them.
We do - they're mostly a mid-southern Ohio thing but they're starting to pop up, up here. I greatly prefer Mitchell's but I think they're only NE Ohio, so you wouldn't find it in Cincy. I do like Graeter's Buckeye flavor though!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. The kind that has chocolate chip in the ice cream, not just in the cookie dough. The chocolate chips in the ice cream is very important to me.

Also, minor league baseball is awesome. I've been to 6 minor league baseball games so far this summer, and I'm hoping to go to at least 1-2 more. If you're not gonna take @CheapRunnerMike, feel free to take me to see the Gary Railcats if I'm ever in your neck of the woods. I have no problems with Gary, Indiana (probably because I've never been there).

Mine is peppermint!

M&M is my favorite flavor with chocolate chip cookie dough close behind. My fondness for M&M is mostly nostalgic. It's the one I always bought after cross country skiing across town to the ice cream parlor with my father while growing up.

I'm enjoying the last couple of tangents to the journal!

I don't often go to musicals, we normally get one or two a year in Auckland, but on both visits to NYC a Broadway show was a must. First visit was Wicked and it was, well, wicked! Great show, just the kind of thing we wanted to see. Last year we took the kids along and went to Aladdin, that was also great, perfect for the girls, but, in all honesty I enjoyed the Aladdin show that was at Disney California Adventure better!

As for ice cream, all time favourite but really hard to find is Caramel Turtle Fudge. It was a flavour at an ice cream parlour when I was a kid and I haven't seen it for years. I always get maple walnut if I see it. We have an ADR at Beaches and Cream for our October visit and giving serious consideration to a kitchen sink :-)

I'm enjoying the last couple of tangents to the journal!

I don't often go to musicals, we normally get one or two a year in Auckland, but on both visits to NYC a Broadway show was a must. First visit was Wicked and it was, well, wicked! Great show, just the kind of thing we wanted to see. Last year we took the kids along and went to Aladdin, that was also great, perfect for the girls, but, in all honesty I enjoyed the Aladdin show that was at Disney California Adventure better!

As for ice cream, all time favourite but really hard to find is Caramel Turtle Fudge. It was a flavour at an ice cream parlour when I was a kid and I haven't seen it for years. I always get maple walnut if I see it. We have an ADR at Beaches and Cream for our October visit and giving serious consideration to a kitchen sink :-)

Y'all are making me sooooo hungry. I run in one hour this morning and I think I may need to take kiddo out for an ice cream for lunch...I mean...after lunch.

@McNs i did a home stay with family in New Zealand and they served hokey pokey ice cream which once I got past the funny name, it was soooo good. Like praline here in US but different. I can still taste it and that was decades ago!

Last edited:
IMG_0636.JPG
My skirts came from the sale and I'm actually happier with them in person than even the website. The black one looks like it had so much texture but it's optical illusion. It's really light weight. I haven't tested the reflective capability just yet.

IMG_0633.JPG
And the bandana is a nice surprise. I thought it was a flat color but it's actually really shiny/sparkly/metallic in person. I was having a hard time capturing it in nighttime lighting. Here's a closeup.
IMG_0634.JPG
And I took one to compare to my minnie skirt. Pretty close in color, maybe little cooler red, more shiny.
IMG_0635.JPG

So now I'm dying for medals to be revealed so I can figure out which one gets the honor of running at Disney. Super happy as for $17.50 that bandana one being so pretty was a nice surprise!

@McNs i did a home stay with family in New Zealand and they served hokey pokey ice cream which once I got past the funny name, it was soooo good. Like praline here in US but different. I can still taste it and that was decades ago!

That's a long way from Chicago! Where were you based?

Hokey Pokey is almost a right of passage in NZ. It is small bits of honeycomb in vanilla ice cream. There are many techniques eating it - some will hold the honeycomb in their mouth for snug crunch at the end, others leave it in the bowl for the end. I just eat it!

Another flavour here is called Goody Goody Gumdrops, bluey greeny bubble gum flavoured ice cream with gumdrop candy through it. Yummy!

That's a long way from Chicago! Where were you based?

Hokey Pokey is almost a right of passage in NZ. It is small bits of honeycomb in vanilla ice cream. There are many techniques eating it - some will hold the honeycomb in their mouth for snug crunch at the end, others leave it in the bowl for the end. I just eat it!

Another flavour here is called Goody Goody Gumdrops, bluey greeny bubble gum flavoured ice cream with gumdrop candy through it. Yummy!

It was in Rotorua. I was only in 8th grade and was visiting over my summer. I also took a tour through other parts of NZ and Australia. It was for a foreign exchange student group. Still wish I could go back and explore more!
Honeycomb...that's right. I kept calling them pralines.

It was in Rotorua. I was only in 8th grade and was visiting over my summer. I also took a tour through other parts of NZ and Australia. It was for a foreign exchange student group. Still wish I could go back and explore more!
Honeycomb...that's right. I kept calling them pralines.

Wow that's a big trip for an 8th grader! My eldest daughter is in 7th grade this year and I can't imagine her going on a trip like that in a year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter