Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
Do you know if you can get Tots with no sauce and macaroni with no crackers?
You can definitely get the tots with no sauce. For anyone wondering, it’s nacho cheese sauce and green goddess dressing. Our server said they could hold one or both, up to us. We got the green goddess on the side of the tots, but after trying it on the salad and liking it we decided to put it on the tots too. I didn’t ask about the Mac but I’m assuming they can do it without the crackers because it was on top, not mixed in. They seemed very willing to make modifications if requested.

Reactions: slo
I'm excited to see you picked up a last minute ressie. I planned a last minute trip with my son and was too late to get a Rodeo ARD.
I was surprised since it just opened but it worked out! I saw a couple more pop up that morning but they were at weird times (for us) so we kept our original time. Now that the cancellation policy is 2hrs in advance of dining I always check before bed and then again in the morning.

huge toy story fans here in our family, but will pass on this bbq skillet meal. Food looks bad abd for bbq we head to polite pig or a quick lunch at regal eagle. Wish the toy story meal was not mediocre bbq. no thanks. so many openings now at Sci-fi!
I’d really encourage you go if you’re huge Toy Story fans. It’s not just about the food and it would be a shame to miss it.

If you like Polite Pig, I think you’ll enjoy roundup, the brisket at Roundup may actually be better. Ribs are pretty equal. Some of the meats at Polite Pig are worse IMO. Granted neither are Ellie Lou’s!! but if you’re comparing, Polite Pig does not have the edge and it certainly doesn’t come with the experience!

It looks too chaotic and loud for me to enjoy so we’ll do Brown Derby, Sci Fi, or Hollywood and Vine instead. We love Woody’s Lunchbox though!

We ate here last week (second day after opening). So I thought I'd share a review and a few photos.

It was just me and my 11 year old fairly picky eater. I'm vegetarian and he loves ribs. I was able to get him just an order of ribs as I knew he would not eat anything else on the meat spread. I got the plant-based spread and I felt like they brought me enough food for two. We also both ordered Partysaurus Tex for our drinks.

AMWts8CHUEnUeJMcdJ_L4wkcF3xAFIfk08Fwo9oNBqvcaroRhdEAFuCQQUsCoR3n5cqmxqkrwTManZoKh6aJoxhhp2wH-Y3j5VKP6hGE4eUFtcH3PfRDF_sh00fwd7yWnEfGbG5xdZpDuqe2YGc8vxFBYQyd=w557-h743-s-no
AMWts8Co9GAKazjuB3eShv6S55BskU5UN2p-8hBmdXcksG-u_-EccTN1xQHW0Bp8Rmvn80ZPwrnSN4MJP096ubAL2ltDwHLoRnm8RfFDTPe2pqEgAYMq-TVkSgoud162k8ArMageSDgzBRMzt9deLZOvd8rS=w557-h743-s-no

DS loved the biscuits. There was no plant-based option for these, so he ate them all. We both enjoyed the watermelon salad a lot. The green goddess salad also looked good, but I only tried a bit because I can't do dairy and it was not marked as plant-based (I'm assuming the dressing).

AMWts8BlkOL8aUr7hHTsdl5mZ6wbScUW188lFqlang7u3WovZrZLFwPepND0-FOPyJcXShZOOtGO-Hvh0i-QFa0WY4ZeUlC1cCkLtXdqusiMYGVOnAHi54gV42i5ASQQNbw23Skuu3yBrOULsy46OqYhuHHF=w557-h743-s-no

Our sides were the grilled corn (plain), beans, grilled veggies, and the coleslaw. The corn was by far my favorite and probably the best corn on the cob I have ever eaten.

DS loved his ribs and would have ordered more but was feeling very full after eating all the biscuits. I was super excited to try the plant-based options as BBQ isn't something I get to do much as a vegetarian and was my favorite food in my meat-eating days.

The impossible rib was flavorful and I liked the BBQ sauce. It definitely didn't have the rib-like texture I remember, more like ground impossible meet on a stick. But I enjoyed it. The cauliflower was also good. The sausage was fairly meh (same sausage I had at Sebastian's earlier in the trip).

AMWts8AGXHeM3cHcPKX1Wwlu0i77dTdZVIIkUGIBgWmifUIFkq4foZy0vHyOSmXBgiOetWtlhEcDHyj3UpqVB1I4rNlkLn0luzx5WFMVMhFn6FAcmfpXIHWml03y-WVL4INPWsrVSvXGex_ZgPJ2I40UVn5D=w557-h743-s-no
AMWts8AvZt_YBNRos87xVnXU-aCE5_d6XJbRTQKjSS3HED-5hfDcEeE2fgTVjTKTrVq6IBL-nkCZNcx9EIjwn_WPa_7m7iwGnv6Kq6e4kq8qEIfiyTRn7l5t6tX2W59VTEawEVYauATmLgB1G9_-1MNr4sV0=w557-h743-s-no

DS got the cheesecake for dessert and I had the only plant-based option, the strawberry-peach pie. We both would give them a 10 out of 10! The portions are not huge, but felt just right as we were very full.

AMWts8A_GQAszLraB4yloi7GG2ATT4DjMbvcxdzMZF4ESX3HHFpDut96f1w7hABLDdGAcP-HQawD7sSz44zBVgte8wZ6Uhtz4KpO3STbT06LzM58NxVitIIHKrBx0RE2UrO-Q3ZYYgcnn1vhVM03C-HrHupX=w557-h743-s-no

I'm not really a Toy Story fan (neither DS or I could get a single trivia question they brought him correct), but I did find the atmosphere to be fun and enjoyed the overall experience. The only thing I didn't like was that the tables were very close together and that we had so much food leftover that felt like a waste (particularly the sides, which were portioned probably for a family of 4 at least).

AMWts8BbXeNwhqP-BbIi9Ta90VPssw_MIrcrvRmpalEdaoKK6qv-SFMaXIE6f3T15knb_VpsmlouFqEKkyck4FGaJQI32Yy6ufxnc-MR5WVs5di608UQznbrq-rglSQMnzYFsaBYZhzebvIW8fkPoZ2ZoTt4=w991-h743-s-no
AMWts8A4FJ9zTf3EPkErSxMrVRA9dWp7fgzML4hlsVaZl-7AZnZ85jfaql1wX6SgpbrfeDUcKBajBieAcLgOxvPlGWFVOTNWof9NiU8bp4N873xZZT4rQOeGwZpYMkqdTnzA9hb96wp6BCLQP4igVaBgC54G=w557-h743-s-no

DS and I both would eat here again (if we ever make it back to WDW). I've gone to a lot of sit-down dining experiences at Disneyland (and this WDW trip) where DS ate almost nothing, so this was a good fit for him. And I really appreciate that they had a full-course plant-based option.

They didn't offer the gluten free biscuits? I've seen that the GF ones are vegan and they will substitute with those.
Interesting. No the server didn't offer them and even noted that I couldn't have them because they had cheese in them. I didn't think to ask, but it did strike me as odd because we had family-style meal at Sebastian's where they offered plant-based biscuits. Probably fell through the cracks since it was only day 2.

We ate here last week (second day after opening). So I thought I'd share a review and a few photos.

It was just me and my 11 year old fairly picky eater. I'm vegetarian and he loves ribs. I was able to get him just an order of ribs as I knew he would not eat anything else on the meat spread. I got the plant-based spread and I felt like they brought me enough food for two. We also both ordered Partysaurus Tex for our drinks.

AMWts8CHUEnUeJMcdJ_L4wkcF3xAFIfk08Fwo9oNBqvcaroRhdEAFuCQQUsCoR3n5cqmxqkrwTManZoKh6aJoxhhp2wH-Y3j5VKP6hGE4eUFtcH3PfRDF_sh00fwd7yWnEfGbG5xdZpDuqe2YGc8vxFBYQyd=w557-h743-s-no
AMWts8Co9GAKazjuB3eShv6S55BskU5UN2p-8hBmdXcksG-u_-EccTN1xQHW0Bp8Rmvn80ZPwrnSN4MJP096ubAL2ltDwHLoRnm8RfFDTPe2pqEgAYMq-TVkSgoud162k8ArMageSDgzBRMzt9deLZOvd8rS=w557-h743-s-no

DS loved the biscuits. There was no plant-based option for these, so he ate them all. We both enjoyed the watermelon salad a lot. The green goddess salad also looked good, but I only tried a bit because I can't do dairy and it was not marked as plant-based (I'm assuming the dressing).

AMWts8BlkOL8aUr7hHTsdl5mZ6wbScUW188lFqlang7u3WovZrZLFwPepND0-FOPyJcXShZOOtGO-Hvh0i-QFa0WY4ZeUlC1cCkLtXdqusiMYGVOnAHi54gV42i5ASQQNbw23Skuu3yBrOULsy46OqYhuHHF=w557-h743-s-no

Our sides were the grilled corn (plain), beans, grilled veggies, and the coleslaw. The corn was by far my favorite and probably the best corn on the cob I have ever eaten.

DS loved his ribs and would have ordered more but was feeling very full after eating all the biscuits. I was super excited to try the plant-based options as BBQ isn't something I get to do much as a vegetarian and was my favorite food in my meat-eating days.

The impossible rib was flavorful and I liked the BBQ sauce. It definitely didn't have the rib-like texture I remember, more like ground impossible meet on a stick. But I enjoyed it. The cauliflower was also good. The sausage was fairly meh (same sausage I had at Sebastian's earlier in the trip).

AMWts8AGXHeM3cHcPKX1Wwlu0i77dTdZVIIkUGIBgWmifUIFkq4foZy0vHyOSmXBgiOetWtlhEcDHyj3UpqVB1I4rNlkLn0luzx5WFMVMhFn6FAcmfpXIHWml03y-WVL4INPWsrVSvXGex_ZgPJ2I40UVn5D=w557-h743-s-no
AMWts8AvZt_YBNRos87xVnXU-aCE5_d6XJbRTQKjSS3HED-5hfDcEeE2fgTVjTKTrVq6IBL-nkCZNcx9EIjwn_WPa_7m7iwGnv6Kq6e4kq8qEIfiyTRn7l5t6tX2W59VTEawEVYauATmLgB1G9_-1MNr4sV0=w557-h743-s-no

DS got the cheesecake for dessert and I had the only plant-based option, the strawberry-peach pie. We both would give them a 10 out of 10! The portions are not huge, but felt just right as we were very full.

AMWts8A_GQAszLraB4yloi7GG2ATT4DjMbvcxdzMZF4ESX3HHFpDut96f1w7hABLDdGAcP-HQawD7sSz44zBVgte8wZ6Uhtz4KpO3STbT06LzM58NxVitIIHKrBx0RE2UrO-Q3ZYYgcnn1vhVM03C-HrHupX=w557-h743-s-no

I'm not really a Toy Story fan (neither DS or I could get a single trivia question they brought him correct), but I did find the atmosphere to be fun and enjoyed the overall experience. The only thing I didn't like was that the tables were very close together and that we had so much food leftover that felt like a waste (particularly the sides, which were portioned probably for a family of 4 at least).

AMWts8BbXeNwhqP-BbIi9Ta90VPssw_MIrcrvRmpalEdaoKK6qv-SFMaXIE6f3T15knb_VpsmlouFqEKkyck4FGaJQI32Yy6ufxnc-MR5WVs5di608UQznbrq-rglSQMnzYFsaBYZhzebvIW8fkPoZ2ZoTt4=w991-h743-s-no
AMWts8A4FJ9zTf3EPkErSxMrVRA9dWp7fgzML4hlsVaZl-7AZnZ85jfaql1wX6SgpbrfeDUcKBajBieAcLgOxvPlGWFVOTNWof9NiU8bp4N873xZZT4rQOeGwZpYMkqdTnzA9hb96wp6BCLQP4igVaBgC54G=w557-h743-s-no

DS and I both would eat here again (if we ever make it back to WDW). I've gone to a lot of sit-down dining experiences at Disneyland (and this WDW trip) where DS ate almost nothing, so this was a good fit for him. And I really appreciate that they had a full-course plant-based option.
Thank you for your post and pictures - very appreciated 🙂

Interesting. No the server didn't offer them and even noted that I couldn't have them because they had cheese in them. I didn't think to ask, but it did strike me as odd because we had family-style meal at Sebastian's where they offered plant-based biscuits. Probably fell through the cracks since it was only day 2.
Thank you for the very thorough review! We're excited for our May reservation!

DS (9) really wants to go , but picky eater that he is - I'm not sure there is anything on this menu he will eat. Not even the corn since it's covered in mayonnaise or the mac and cheese! sigh... I"m wondering if there's any chance he could order chicken fingers or at least fries? Has anyone been to one of the other BBQ meals and know if it's offered at those?
Do you know if you can get Tots with no sauce and macaroni with no crackers?

Just posted in response to another picky eater question.

This is what a server at Roundup says ...

⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️

My server friend from Roundup says there are no other food options available. The changes they are currently able to make to the menu are...plain corn on the cob, mac and cheese without the cheese crackers on top, and plain tator tots. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
When I posted this thread I had no ADR yet, and I was nervous about getting one, but last Friday was my morning and at 5:00am my time, I was able to get one :cheer2: My DD19 was so excited:cheer2:.

We are going on our EPCOT day. Our ADR is at 6:50pm, so we’ll leave EPCOT at 5:00pm, drive over to HS and get there in plenty of time for dinner - so excited! Then hopefully we’ll get on Slinky Dog that night while everyone is waiting for Fantasmic

When I posted this thread I had no ADR yet, and I was nervous about getting one, but last Friday was my morning and at 5:00am my time, I was able to get one :cheer2: My DD19 was so excited:cheer2:.

We are going on our EPCOT day. Our ADR is at 6:50pm, so we’ll leave EPCOT at 5:00pm, drive over to HS and get there in plenty of time for dinner - so excited! Then hopefully we’ll get on Slinky Dog that night while everyone is waiting for Fantasmic
Going in June with both DS. I know DS#1 will love it. I asked DS#2 if he'd be up for it (for his brother) and he said yes. I got online and had plenty of times to choose from over the course of the trip. I was very surprised. I went with a 3:00 figured late lunch/early dinner, snack rest of day.

Quick review from our dinner about 2 weeks ago. Our table was one of the big blue round ones right beneath bo peep.

Me, wife, 3 boys, 3/5/11, oldest is picky eater. They all loved it. Chicken was the star of the show, fall off the bone and not dry. I thought all the meats were good. We had all of the sides, no complaints with any of that. Desserts were good, all the boys got a forky cupcake, me and wife had some of the pies, apple and chocolate gelato I believe. No complaints there.

Just fyi for planning, it was a legit 2 hour meal. I kind of liked how nothing was rushed. They would bring out the biscuits and then wait. Then the appetizers/sides started showing up and then another pause. Then all the meats came out and you had plenty of time to try everything and enjoy it. Then later all the desserts came out.

It was just a nice and relaxing meal in a great environment for the kids. Nice break from the park, which is what this area needed badly. We will definitely be back here again. I could see this being a go-to dinner for us for awhile.

Don't really have any complaints. It would be really cute if they added some characters walking around.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

IMG_5527.jpegIMG_5531.jpeg70173531896__511CC0FB-CB89-424A-A496-CFB95F811B0E.jpegIMG_5539.jpeg

Quick review from our dinner about 2 weeks ago. Our table was one of the big blue round ones right beneath bo peep.

Me, wife, 3 boys, 3/5/11, oldest is picky eater. They all loved it. Chicken was the star of the show, fall off the bone and not dry. I thought all the meats were good. We had all of the sides, no complaints with any of that. Desserts were good, all the boys got a forky cupcake, me and wife had some of the pies, apple and chocolate gelato I believe. No complaints there.

Just fyi for planning, it was a legit 2 hour meal. I kind of liked how nothing was rushed. They would bring out the biscuits and then wait. Then the appetizers/sides started showing up and then another pause. Then all the meats came out and you had plenty of time to try everything and enjoy it. Then later all the desserts came out.
How did your 3yo handle the long meal? I think my kids will love the theming and food, but my almost 3yo could never stay in a restaurant for 2 hours...unless he was napping lol.

How did your 3yo handle the long meal? I think my kids will love the theming and food, but my almost 3yo could never stay in a restaurant for 2 hours...unless he was napping lol.
He did pretty good actually. The fact that the courses were so spaced out helped with this. Seemed like every 20 minutes another course was coming out. And they would get excited about trying all the new food.

I mean we did get up once or twice for a potty breaks and kind of wandered around on the way back to the table.

The reports of 2 hour meals are pushing me to pass on this meal. More because it’s such a short trip I can’t justify that much time eating!!

Last edited:

It was just a nice and relaxing meal in a great environment for the kids. Nice break from the park, which is what this area needed badly. We will definitely be back here again. I could see this being a go-to dinner for us for awhile.

Don't really have any complaints. It would be really cute if they added some characters walking around.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

View attachment 752839View attachment 752843View attachment 752846View attachment 752847

Thank you for posting your experience.
You’re now the 2nd person that said it’s a two hour meal, which is why I planned it on our EPCOT day, this way we can relax after walking around EPCOT all day and hopefully take advantage of a few rides when everyone is at Fantasmic. Sadly, we won’t see Spaceship Earth at night, I always like getting a few pictures at night, but it is what it is. We’ve never seen Toy Story Land at night, so that will be a fun new experience 🙂👍🏼

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter