Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
Ok......I just got back yesterday and I wanted so badly to come here and say that we loved it, but we didn't.

The atmosphere is fun, but we were seated back in a corner with a wall on one side of us and couldn't experience the whole area - I had to get up and walk around to see everything - that was a drag.

They literally play only 3 recordings the whole time you're there and they are few and far between. The whole Andy is coming and you have to freeze happened twice in 2 hours - definitely not as fun as people are led to believe.

Our server was great, no issues with him.

The biscuits are awesome (the best part of the meal)
The watermelon is watermelon - nothing special there.
The other starters were good too, but again, nothing spectacular.

Our sides were the fried pickles, which were good.
The corn on the cob, which was gross - way to much stuff on it.
The Mac & Cheese was good
Tater Tots which were good.

The meats - I want to say it was all great, but I can't -sorry folks.
The Ribs - not good
The Brisket - awful - horribly chewy and not good
The Sausage - was good
The Chicken - was fall off the bone and was good.

The pace is slow, so finally at an hour and forty five minutes I had to tell our server we need our desserts and the check because we had a LL to get to and he helped us with that, so I was grateful.

We each got the blueberry cheesecake, which is very small, but good. We also got one Forky cupcake to share and it is the tiniest little thing - we took a selfie of us with it because we found it so funny.

In the end, for us, it is NOT worth the money and this is a one and done. Next time we'll take that same amount of money and go eat at The Garden Grill where I love the atmosphere, love the food and have the characters which is a nice added bonus.

This restaurant definitely needs characters there to justify the price tag, because the food definitely isn't worth the price at all.

Ok......I just got back yesterday and I wanted so badly to come here and say that we loved it, but we didn't.

The atmosphere is fun, but we were seated back in a corner with a wall on one side of us and couldn't experience the whole area - I had to get up and walk around to see everything - that was a drag.

They literally play only 3 recordings the whole time you're there and they are few and far between. The whole Andy is coming and you have to freeze happened twice in 2 hours - definitely not as fun as people are led to believe.

Our server was great, no issues with him.

The biscuits are awesome (the best part of the meal)
The watermelon is watermelon - nothing special there.
The other starters were good too, but again, nothing spectacular.

Our sides were the fried pickles, which were good.
The corn on the cob, which was gross - way to much stuff on it.
The Mac & Cheese was good
Tater Tots which were good.

The meats - I want to say it was all great, but I can't -sorry folks.
The Ribs - not good
The Brisket - awful - horribly chewy and not good
The Sausage - was good
The Chicken - was fall off the bone and was good.

The pace is slow, so finally at an hour and forty five minutes I had to tell our server we need our desserts and the check because we had a LL to get to and he helped us with that, so I was grateful.

We each got the blueberry cheesecake, which is very small, but good. We also got one Forky cupcake to share and it is the tiniest little thing - we took a selfie of us with it because we found it so funny.

In the end, for us, it is NOT worth the money and this is a one and done. Next time we'll take that same amount of money and go eat at The Garden Grill where I love the atmosphere, love the food and have the characters which is a nice added bonus.

This restaurant definitely needs characters there to justify the price tag, because the food definitely isn't worth the price at all.
You know if this restaurant was opened something like 7 years ago it for sure would've had characters.

I read many others say it's 2 hours for dining. Were you eating the whole time? Was there a lot of time in between courses? I'm curious.

Reactions: slo
I read many others say it's 2 hours for dining. Were you eating the whole time? Was there a lot of time in between courses? I'm curious.
Yes - lots and lots of time - to much time.
I knew about it being about 2 hours, but I was hoping that with just 2 people/adults it’d go faster. It also didn’t help that they were running 25 minutes behind schedule, so that added even more time to the experience. The only refill we asked for was the biscuits, and that was in the beginning of the meal. I could see a large party taking 2 hours with several food refills, especially when the party is all older kids and adults. If I had little kids, I would definitely not go there unless there were characters. The decor and theme is cute, but I don’t think many little children care about that - they want to eat and go - at least my girls did when they were little.

I am sorry to hear that Slo. My big concern is the timing (though from what I have been reading on here and elsewhere it seems to now be hovering between 1 1/2 hours and 1 hour 45 minutes which is better). Happy to hear the service was good though that is a plus.

Was looking forward to this last night and cancelled it when there as running 30mins behind schedule. Something maybe people should be aware of. I see this seems to be a running theme though!!

We just ate here last Friday and want to echo a lot of what was said. The server was amazing and the energy was great. The highlight of the meal was the biscuits and the salad starters, specifically the cucumber salad and the watermelon salad. The sides were okay but nothing stellar. We had the seasonal veggies which were under cooked, the Mac and cheese which was average at best and the potato barrels which were also average. I can’t even remember the fourth side that’s how blah it was. The only meet worth talking about was the salmon. That was good. Not great but good. My husband makes better salmon but at least this was decent to eat. The brisket was nothing but fat and gristle, the ribs were almost inedible, the sausage was bland and the chicken was just okay. All the desserts were really good but could not make up for a very lacking meal.

Before desserts even arrived my family all agreed we had fun trying it once but it is a one and done for us. The server and the other CM’s are really the only thing that kept the evening from being a complete bust.

Hearing lots of mixed reviews. Being from Austin Texas it's always a risky proposition trying to find good BBQ. We are way too spoiled here. I still will try it once. Seems like the sides are generally better than the meats, but if we do venture into the meats the consensus seems to be the chicken and the sausage.

We had gotten an ADR for this for our upcoming August trip, but now I'm rethinking it :scratchin

I'm not too bothered as far as the food reviews go - we don't have very iconic BBQ to compare it to around here so I'm not sold on a particular type of BBQ to begin with :laughing: and if we end up liking at least parts of it, I'd be happy with that

The reports about how long the experience has been taking however are a bigger concern. If it was my wife and I it'd be one thing, but I have a feeling our 2 year old won't be a fan of sitting around for 2 hours. We'd gotten an early-ish lunch reservation with the hopes of getting out of there to get back to the resort for nap time, but if it really takes that long, he'll be falling asleep at the table.

Right now we have no interest in going to this restaurant... Ive seen quite a few bad reviews and we really dont want to waste a dinner there.....My wife is not so crazy about smoked meats so I guess we will wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter