Room request at HRH?

PeachGrits

Earning My Ears
I just booked a pool view room at HRH for end of May. Having never stayed there before, do any of you have suggestions as to what I may want to consider in asking for a room assignment in advance? For example, someone mentioned that hallways can be long so I should ask to be close to the elevators. What else? Does it help to be above a certain floor level or are there specific views that might be good? I will be there with my husband and 2 children (ages 8 and 9) - for 6 nights. We are excited and looking forward to the trip!! Thanks for any tips you can give!

The only request that I made that was granted was the connecting rooms because we are a family of six. We really didn't get any great view and had an extremely long walk from the elevators to our rooms. For myself, I found the advantage to that was I would just go in the back door by the pathway to the parks, climb up a few (?) stairs and I was at my room.

Hi Marietta, We are in Kennesaw.
We had a standard view when we stayed there. She gave me the the 2nd or 3rd floor which was lobby level. We were about the 5th room down the hall and it was very convenient with two young kids who can run all day until it is time to go back to the hotel and then want carried. We could run into the store there very quickly and were right by the elevators and a quick stairway down to the pool area and restaurants. I don't know if this would give you a very good pool view, though. There were a lot of Palm trees around the pool that may be blocking your view that low.
I would request close to elevator or the stairway at the end of the hall. Those halls are pretty long.

I had the room just off the elevator and we had no view.Try and get a high floor room because the trees block your view most of the time.I dont get pool view rooms anymore because I dont think it's worth the extra money.
:smooth:

Hi Peach in Marietta,

We live in Alpharetta and are also going end of May and staying at the HRH. Maybe we'll see you there :)

Thanks all! DD in Alpharetta, we'll be there 5/26 thru 6/1. Do DISers still wear lime green ribbons so they can recognize each other? If so, I'll have one on my backpack. Keep a lookout!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter