Roll Call

just added one more day to BLT section of trip.....

the changes will continue till the airfares are booked :rotfl2:

Great idea Bec!

Name: Lana
ID: Zanzibar was my horse in high school, 138 is my lucky number

Story:
I have wanted to go to Disneyland ever since I was about 4 years old watching Saturday Disney. I spent many years saving and researching for my first trip, which seemed like it would never happen! I finally got to go 3 years ago with my then boyfriend, who was my fiance by the end of the trip, and now my husband :goodvibes That trip somehow sparked a passion for travel, and we have made a pact to go overseas every year for our anniversary. Some trips will include Disney, some won't, but I look forward to them all!

Name : Vicky
Dis name : me and hubby together..lol. Very simple too... I use a different name in my other Disney forum not sure why I didn't use here..??

Story : I'm not sure where my love for Disney..(mainly Mickey Mouse) came from...mum said there was nothing specific in my childhood that made me this way. It has been for as long as I can remember. Always remembered through school as the Disney girl, the work the same...lol

. I had always wanted to go and my hubby new I was a Disney nut when we met in 1996.

We finally got to Experience Disney in April/May last year... We had 2 weeks in WDW and a 7 day Cruise on the fantasy. Our holiday was a total of 4 weeks including Universal Studios and around Orlando. We took our 2 sons our oldest turned 10 on the cruise and our youngest is 7. Like PP's said it really is the happiest place on earth. We arrived at POP Century at 7pm at MK by 7:30 crying to the electrical parade and wishes by 9pm....lol

I have passed on the bug to my family and hubby has picked the next holiday and its going to be 5 days back at WDW the a Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic..:-)

My whole life revolves around Disney and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't post very much as everyone seems to know each other so well, so I just research and read all your great tips..I love coming here everyday knowing I'm not the only one who hasn't had to grow up...:-)

I don't post very much as everyone seems to know each other so well, so I just research and read all your great tips..I love coming here everyday knowing I'm not the only one who hasn't had to grow up...:-)

Don't let that put you off. We're all very friendly here. :) :goodvibes

Annz53 is my name plus birth year; once upon a time, when I first started using it, it was also my age ;)

We have lived in Melbourne for 16yrs and before that in Johannesburg, South Africa our birthplace.

Got introduced to WDW through word of mouth and the usual TV and movies and in 1995, 1996, 1997, 2004 went to check it out for ourselves and we were/are "hooked" :lovestruc

Now it's time to introduce the grandkids to our special place which I know will become their special place also. For years they have had to watch their Mom, Uncle and their Grandpa and Grandma at WDW on home videos now it is their turn to actually experience the magic :yay:

But shhhhhh, they don't know yet and the secret is really, really hard to keep so no telling please :rolleyes1

Perfect ages! (Well maybe the elder two :lmao:) I'd love to do a surprise trip, but I think I'd get too excited to keep it a secret.

My Grandkids will be 7, 5 and 2 at the time of their trip ~ boy, princess, boy :)

How lovely! Does their mum know about the surprise, or are you surprising her as well and taking the whole family?

How are you planning to tell them?

Name: Hann(ah)

Disboards Name Origin: Miss.Potatohead. I started to collect Mr. Potato Head's a few years ago so the name suited me at the time of joining!

Story: I grew up as a Disney child with the films and the specials on TV, as well as the 'classic' Saturday Disney of the 1990s. I went to Disneyland when I was 4 and have few memories but always felt a special connection to the Land. I convinced my family to return at the end of my year 12 which has been my favourite trip so far. I've just come back from a semester abroad in the US during which time I went to Disneyland twice and spent 10 days in WDW. I have mixed feelings about WDW, I definitely did not have the same emotional connection in Orlando than in Anaheim but I am willing to give it another shot! I'm considering the International College Program / Cultural Exchange next year after I finish my honours thesis but hopefully at the end of this year I'll reward myself with a trip back to the Mouse anyway!

We are doing a surprise trip too!! I am really struggling to keep it from my kids!! I plan on telling them a few weeks before and have a whole elaborate plan worked out!

How are you planning to break the news Ann?

Loving all the surprise trips.
My friend knows she is coming with me but I'm keeping everything we are doing a complete surprise. Planning to give her a Disney decorated sheet of paper each day with the plan for the day :)

How lovely! Does their mum know about the surprise, or are you surprising her as well and taking the whole family?

How are you planning to tell them?

Oh yes, their Dad and Mum are very happy to add a trip to Disneyland after we all attend the wedding in Jasper, Alberta, Canada of my youngest son.

My darling daughter and son-on-love are in charge of telling the little ones about the Disney adventure after the wedding is done and dusted. To date, I have heard many scenarios of how they will tell them but I don't think they have decided yet. My personal view is telling them after breakfast on the morning we leave Canada for LA; maybe with some kind of surprise outfits and/or a Disney activity kit for the plane ride. That way we can build up a bit of excitement for them that we adults have been hiding which, by the way, will be 1yr since we decided to add Disneyland to our wedding trip ~ it will be sooooo nice to at last get excited WITH them :yay:

Oh yes, their Dad and Mum are very happy to add a trip to Disneyland after we all attend the wedding in Jasper, Alberta, Canada of my youngest son. My darling daughter and son-on-love are in charge of telling the little ones about the Disney adventure after the wedding is done and dusted. To date, I have heard many scenarios of how they will tell them but I don't think they have decided yet. My personal view is telling them after breakfast on the morning we leave Canada for LA; maybe with some kind of surprise outfits and/or a Disney activity kit for the plane ride. That way we can build up a bit of excitement for them that we adults have been hiding which, by the way, will be 1yr since we decided to add Disneyland to our wedding trip ~ it will be sooooo nice to at last get excited WITH them :yay:

How wonderful - a wedding in Canada and a visit to Disney. It sounds like a trip filled with many amazing memories.

We are doing a surprise trip too!! I am really struggling to keep it from my kids!! I plan on telling them a few weeks before and have a whole elaborate plan worked out! How are you planning to break the news Ann?

I would love to surprise my son one day, but unfortunately I just don't have that kind of will power.

Please share your plan.

I'm the same ..I would love to surprise the kids but im not the best at keeping surprise secrets...lol. I get to excited...lol

We are doing a surprise trip too!! I am really struggling to keep it from my kids!! I plan on telling them a few weeks before and have a whole elaborate plan worked out!

How are you planning to break the news Ann?

Lisa, my DD and SIL are in charge of that. They are struggling to keep it from them and she told me that she has taken to talking to my nearly 2yr old grandson and planning things with him because he is not really speaking in conversations ..... yet. I think Disney will be a word he says soon ;)

Your "few weeks before" plan is a good one, that way you will only be driven mad for a few days with their questions and excitement. You must remember too that excitement can affect their sleep patterns etc so really consider how many weeks before leaving you want to tell them .. for your health's sake and their's. :)

What is the "elaborate plan" you have for your children?

Hi,
Im Fi Im travelling to US this Oct with my husband two boys (2 & 3) and my sisters family for my first US experience with lots of disney planned ( went to eurodisney when I was single with some friends).

cannot wait to see the kids faces :goodvibes
we will have 3 days in disneyland and 2 weeks in disneyworld with some other stops along the way.

keen to hear all your stories, tips and plans

how do u get those great countdown timelines at the bottom of ur posts?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter