ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have done this multiple times, how do you keep yourself from obsessing over your email? I'm on day 20, and keep hoping that maybe I'll be one of those recently lucky people that had a quick response. I don't think I've every watched my email so closely before and my husband just thinks I'm crazy.

Had our 3rd AKL contract attempt bought back today. Honestly think we are going to stop for a while. We are UK based and the pound to dollar exchange rate is HORRENDOUS 😭😭
My friends in New Zealand would kill for your exchange rate. Sad to hear about the ROFR monster though. I’m sitting on the sidelines until she gets the memo that we are in a recession.

It's my one month Anniversary of passing ROFR! :rolleyes:

(but still haven't closed)
Wow - slow sellers! I had to reiterate to the broker on my 50 OKWE the other day that we don't pay until the seller sends in closing docs and Cammy has them in hand. We've had three slowpokes in the past and had to threaten to pull out and just like that - docs appear!

Good luck!

With it nearing the end of Disney’s fiscal year, is there a chance they wait on contracts submitted in the next few days y til October so the contract funds could come from their new fiscal year? There’s an AKV contract I really want but am very concerned it will get taken. I’m not sure if it being the end of the FY helps or hurts.
Just go for it...I just got a $127 50 point OKWE. I knew I had about a 25% chance of getting it. Good luck!

Just go for it...I just got a $127 50 point OKWE. I knew I had about a 25% chance of getting it. Good luck!
I really want to!! I’m in a bit of a predicament though since I was planning on adding some more RIV direct points before 9/30 so I could get the “bonus” points with my Oct UY. So if I make an offer on this AKV contract I really want and they take it after 9/30, I’ll miss out on both the AKV points and the bonus RIV points. I’m not sure what to do…

OlieRow---$135-$29383-200-BWV-Aug-0/21, 400/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 8/10 — passed 9/2

First DVC contract after many spreadsheets and considering it/reading here for a while. I’m SUPER excited!!! Anxious to close and get my points loaded so I can bank the extra and figure out what to do with the current use year points. I’d said I was going to rent them but I know myself better than that. 😂

Have you seen November availability? There's practically nothing :-/ We are only a week or so away from ROFR results and know a DVC November trip just isn't happening even if we pass. We just paid cash for a room.
Don't give up! We had a 1 BR OKW for 4 nights 11-26 for our son and DIL and a BWV appeared for the same 4 nights so I switched them out. I was stalking on the wrong contract so I *held* it for a minute while I opened up DVC again and went to the right contract to modify. I had everything lined up, clicked modify, cancelled the other and it popped up instantly and I got it.

I also got them 2 nights at BLT in a 1 BR Lake View (same trip) from a SSR 1 BR a couple weeks ago.

Randomly stalk and don't give up! Good luck!

I really want to!! I’m in a bit of a predicament though since I was planning on adding some more RIV direct points before 9/30 so I could get the “bonus” points with my Oct UY. So if I make an offer on this AKV contract I really want and they take it after 9/30, I’ll miss out on both the AKV points and the bonus RIV points. I’m not sure what to do…
That is a tough one. AKV certainly has had DVC's attention recently. What UY are you? We are OCT and are *special* since there are hardly any contracts that fit us at any given time. It took me almost three years to get the AKV's I wanted sigh.

:tink:

nick_will---$115-$12830-100-OKW(E)-Apr-0/21, 87/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 8/9, passed 9/2

I'm legitimately surprised by this. I know others have recently passed also with OKW or OKW(E). I guess if you were thinking about this specific resort, now is the time to try.

That is a tough one. AKV certainly has had DVC's attention recently. What UY are you? We are OCT and are *special* since there are hardly any contracts that fit us at any given time. It took me almost three years to get the AKV's I wanted sigh.

:tink:
We are Oct UY for our RIV points too! The AKV contract I am interested in doesn’t match our UY but it’s actually better for us since our favorite month to go is September. I have my eye on this contract more due to the price and number of points. I’ve felt like AKV has been sort of overpriced lately where I’d rather just buy direct to avoid the hassle of rofr and restricted points, but this new contract is perfect for us and a reasonable price! But that also makes me think it doesn’t stand much of a chance with rofr, and by the time I hear back it’ll be too late to switch gears and add on at riv instead to get the “bonus points”.

We are Oct UY for our RIV points too! The AKV contract I am interested in doesn’t match our UY but it’s actually better for us since our favorite month to go is September. I have my eye on this contract more due to the price and number of points. I’ve felt like AKV has been sort of overpriced lately where I’d rather just buy direct to avoid the hassle of rofr and restricted points, but this new contract is perfect for us and a reasonable price! But that also makes me think it doesn’t stand much of a chance with rofr, and by the time I hear back it’ll be too late to switch gears and add on at riv instead to get the “bonus points”.
I think I know which one you are talking about! We are selling off two of our *other* UY next month (DVC ROFR'd them back). I just don't want the hassle again but it's great for a dedicated resort and not trying to mix them up (my issue). Can you strategically try to do both AKV now and RIV at the end of the month (with 10 day recission?)

All of a sudden OKWE's seem to be going through. Look at the $115 OKWE Nick_will just grabbed - amazing! Eventually DVC turns attention to another resort or maybe just backs off for a while and I've been waiting to see if that happens. DH is in the buying mood lately, so bring it on LOL!

For those of you that have done this multiple times, how do you keep yourself from obsessing over your email? I'm on day 20, and keep hoping that maybe I'll be one of those recently lucky people that had a quick response. I don't think I've every watched my email so closely before and my husband just thinks I'm crazy.
I looked obsessively each time even if I was sure it would be taken. It maybe got better each time.

Don't give up! We had a 1 BR OKW for 4 nights 11-26 for our son and DIL and a BWV appeared for the same 4 nights so I switched them out. I was stalking on the wrong contract so I *held* it for a minute while I opened up DVC again and went to the right contract to modify. I had everything lined up, clicked modify, cancelled the other and it popped up instantly and I got it.

I also got them 2 nights at BLT in a 1 BR Lake View (same trip) from a SSR 1 BR a couple weeks ago.

Randomly stalk and don't give up! Good luck!
We won’t even have our points in hand until mid October so not sure how it would work trying to book a DVC stay for just a few weeks later.

It's actually double loaded. They banked one year of points, it comes with 150 points that have to be used by November 30. Crossing our fingers that we can close (NO ROFR MONSTER) and find a place to stay in November to use those points. If I'm understanding the timeline right. Best-case is a member number by the first week of October. Cutting it REALLLLLY close, but we thought it was worth a shot.
This happened to me on my last contract. ROFR happened before the deadline but DVC didn’t finalize the membership for me until it was too late. I still mourn my 160 points lost!

We won’t even have our points in hand until mid October so not sure how it would work trying to book a DVC stay for just a few weeks later.
Try to rent them for *anything* on disboards. I've been able to get $10 in a similar situation. Locals are your target audience and believe me, they stalk to look for deals IF you can get a reservation, but those folks know they can't be picky. Cancellations do happen so you might get a renter and better to get something vs nothing.

I’m on day 52 and all I am is just super annoyed. I’ve emailed my broker and they said they reached out to Disney but it’s been crickets since then. I don’t think there’s anything else I can do at this point but I have started bidding again 🤣 It’s BLT so it’ll probably be taken anyway.

I’m on day 52 and all I am is just super annoyed. I’ve emailed my broker and they said they reached out to Disney but it’s been crickets since then. I don’t think there’s anything else I can do at this point but I have started bidding again 🤣 It’s BLT so it’ll probably be taken anyway.
Your contract was sent to ROFR 52 days ago??? What??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter