ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what DVC did with all those points at SSR they were buying up. I've been trying to purchase an 80 point direct contract and been on a waiting list almost a week now. Maybe they're done buying back right now.

A l
I'm not sure what DVC did with all those points at SSR they were buying up. I've been trying to purchase an 80 point direct contract and been on a waiting list almost a week now. Maybe they're done buying back right now.
A lot of the contracts they were buying had little to no 2018 points. Who knows why they bought them. To stock up on rooms to give to people who buy CCV and Riveria when it opens? The so called “Welcome home” trip. Who knows, but I would think they would have some to sell. What use year are you looking for. It seems they don’t seem to like to give out 2017 points so August-December they are unlikely to sell till they pass.

It seems they don’t seem to like to give out 2017 points so August-December they are unlikely to sell till they pass.

It's simply whether or not they have them. Unless they buy back contracts with 2017 points in them, they won't be able to sell those until the upcoming UY like you said.

A l

A lot of the contracts they were buying had little to no 2018 points. Who knows why they bought them. To stock up on rooms to give to people who buy CCV and Riveria when it opens? The so called “Welcome home” trip. Who knows, but I would think they would have some to sell. What use year are you looking for. It seems they don’t seem to like to give out 2017 points so August-December they are unlikely to sell till they pass.

We are looking for Feb UY

A l

The so called “Welcome home” trip. Who knows, but I would think they would have some to sell. What use year are you looking for. It seems they don’t seem to like to give out 2017 points so August-December they are unlikely to sell till they pass.

I want some clarification on the "Welcome home" bookings. (1) Only for direct purchases I'm guessing (2) They gift you a stay without using your newly purchased points?

I think the prices are starting to drop back down at least at AKL. I have been following AKL and there have been quite a few deeds posting at 100 to 103 lately. 2 posted today at $100 per point that passed ROFR the beginning of June. I have also noticed more "price reductions" on listed AKL than we have seen the last few months.

Then you see a outlier like one yesterday posted at $118 for a 150 point contract

I think the prices are starting to drop back down at least at AKL. I have been following AKL and there have been quite a few deeds posting at 100 to 103 lately. 2 posted today at $100 per point that passed ROFR the beginning of June. I have also noticed more "price reductions" on listed AKL than we have seen the last few months.

Then you see a outlier like one yesterday posted at $118 for a 150 point contract
Dang. It’s been two weeks for us at $117 for 100 points. If we’re way above idk what’s taking so long >:(o_O

Summer is the slowest time for DVC according to multiple brokers. Not only are there less sales, but there are less listings too. Because of this, you have both limited supply and demand. The prices will soften some, but not by a large margin. Come the fall, which used to be low season, there will be more contracts and more purchases because the hype of SWL is going to go into full swing. People will want those points for fall 2019 and will need to be able to book 11 months out. The only way to guarantee that is to make sure you close in the fall of 2018. I foresee another increase on ppp in the resale market come this fall for that reason. If you are a planner, and have the funds, I would say to buy now if you are looking to have points ready to book for SWL. It's all just a personal opinion, but there you have it.

I want some clarification on the "Welcome home" bookings. (1) Only for direct purchases I'm guessing (2) They gift you a stay without using your newly purchased points?
Yes, only for direct and only for the first booking (some have reported that they will only do it within the first 6 months after closing). It is not a gift, you use your points, they just find availability where you may not have been able to find it yourself. Usually done by accessing the cash booking availability instead of availability on points.

Frederic Civish---$108-$27750-250-AKV-Feb-93/17, 250/18, 250/19, 250/20-Seller pays Closing.- sent 6/28, taken 7/10

Ah. Stab me in the heart. I started off trying to get this in early-mid June. The seller was asking for $105. I personal raised the offer to $107 and then, on second thought, to $108, specifically in order to avoid ROFR. IT DIDN'T WORK!! I am unhappy and frustrated. This was the perfect size for me and I thought the price I offered would pass ROFR.

Oh well.

Frederic Civish---$108-$27750-250-AKV-Feb-93/17, 250/18, 250/19, 250/20-Seller pays Closing.- sent 6/28, taken 7/10

Ah. Stab me in the heart. I started off trying to get this in early-mid June. The seller was asking for $105. I personal raised the offer to $107 and then, on second thought, to $108, specifically in order to avoid ROFR. IT DIDN'T WORK!! I am unhappy and frustrated. This was the perfect size for me and I thought the price I offered would pass ROFR.

Oh well.

Wow! They must really want AKV still. I’m sorry. That is pretty high for them to take back.

I saw other folks passing today so I decided to contact my broker and, after a little bit of checking, he told us we passed yesterday (he was traveling so he didn't have a chance to notify us right away)!! We are SO excited to now be DVC owners. Pixie dust to everyone else waiting!
Making Moore Memories---$99-$21172-200-SSR-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 106/18, 200/19- sent 6/19, passed 7/6
Congratulations

Yes, only for direct and only for the first booking (some have reported that they will only do it within the first 6 months after closing). It is not a gift, you use your points, they just find availability where you may not have been able to find it yourself. Usually done by accessing the cash booking availability instead of availability on points.
Yes only first 6 months. I haven't used my direct was waiting to use for Feb and told only happens during the 6 mo time frame :(

Oh well.

If there's any silver lining, you got the seller a little more cash from Disney. :)

Summer is the slowest time for DVC according to multiple brokers. Not only are there less sales, but there are less listings too. Because of this, you have both limited supply and demand. The prices will soften some, but not by a large margin. Come the fall, which used to be low season, there will be more contracts and more purchases because the hype of SWL is going to go into full swing. People will want those points for fall 2019 and will need to be able to book 11 months out. The only way to guarantee that is to make sure you close in the fall of 2018. I foresee another increase on ppp in the resale market come this fall for that reason. If you are a planner, and have the funds, I would say to buy now if you are looking to have points ready to book for SWL. It's all just a personal opinion, but there you have it.
I heard this happened when they opened AKL pandora area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter