ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PointsCentric---$140-$8106-50-PVB-Apr-7/23, 50/24, 50/25, 50/26- sent 3/4

Asking was $152. Also this is confirmation Addonitis is real - my 3rd Poly contract is less than a year. Fingers crossed these points can be used at the new tower.
This is great info, thanks! Who is the broker and do you know how long it had been on the market?

I'm going to see if I can get my antivirus software to treat the URL of this thread like an unsafe site so it blocks me from reading it. These prices are getting me itchy and I absolutely do NOT need to add on right now and I'm having a hard time resisting putting in offers...

Update: Dawg74---$80-$18275-200-SSR-Dec-0/22, 24/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 2/16 Passed 3/04!!

After sending the group a message that we hadn’t heard anything an email finally arrived!! We are really happy 😃 and can’t wait to try SSR out.

I’m so glad yours passed ROFR, and so quickly. You got a great deal! Now I’ll keep stalking these boards to see when others are passing. 😂

Did you get the email about passing ROFR from your broker or the Title Company?
Two weeks exactly, I'm sure you'll hear in that time or less! We heard from the Title co this morning, received the buyer docs this afternoon. I asked Cammy, but sent the email late so I'll put it on here, do we wait to wire the funds until after the sellers sign?

Update: Dawg74---$80-$18275-200-SSR-Dec-0/22, 24/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 2/16 Passed 3/04!!

After sending the group a message that we hadn’t heard anything an email finally arrived!! We are really happy 😃 and can’t wait to try SSR out.
Do you mind telling what the asking price was.

My client finally paid me so my fun money account can now go to work.

Two weeks exactly, I'm sure you'll hear in that time or less! We heard from the Title co this morning, received the buyer docs this afternoon. I asked Cammy, but sent the email late so I'll put it on here, do we wait to wire the funds until after the sellers sign?

I'm not sure what protocol is but for our larger VGC one, we waited until they signed before wiring the money over.

For our smaller one, we just put the full amount down as our deposit.

I was wondering if Disney would take this one since it’s such a great price. It seems they are only interested in low priced GFV right now. Congratulations!!!
trying to stock back up. I know direct they didn’t have GFV a month ago. pumped about price but think it’s an indicator of the fate of the tower joining the poly.
Thanks!

UPDATE!

disneydad7281231---$112-$28887-250-PVB-Feb-0/23, 0/24, 250/25, 250/26- sent 2/19 PASSED 3/4
This is what I was waiting for. I'm hoping that spells good news for us as well.
Jameson416---$120-$34501-275-PVB-Feb-0/23, 80/24, 275/25- sent 2/22 . Very similar except the extra 25pts/yr and 80 in 2024. With yours passing after being a little cheaper, I hope that means ours goes through as well

That’s a great question. I assumed we would go ahead and wire the funds after we signed, but I’m not sure what the protocol is. Let me know what you find out.

That’s a great question. I assumed we would go ahead and wire the funds after we signed, but I’m not sure what the protocol is. Let me know what you find out.

For my first one, I sent funds right away when we signed, but for this one, I plan to wait until I know the seller has signed too. Largely bc I need to convert Canadian funds and it’d be a real mess if for some reason the contract fell through. I reached out to our closing agent and she said they won’t ask for funds until both buyer and seller has signed, and then she said I can send funds any time up to the anticipated closing date, which is still about 1.5 months away - but if I send funds earlier, it might close earlier.

Be sure to read your specific Purchase Agreement. There is NOT an industry standard. The ones I've read said Buyer can cancel and get deposit back for 10 days from the Buyer's signature. That is what My current DVC resale (in escrow) purchase agreement states. I would also be sure to read "how" to cancel since verbal may not protect you.

If the Seller "never" signs it, or signs after a date specified in that document you should be entitled to your deposit back but frankly, it's less stress to keep your money (whether a deposit or the final payment) than to fight to get it back if you have an issue ;) that's why a number of Buyers do not send their final payment until the Seller has returned all documents.
I would/have used a broker to market and try to get a higher price (net commissions) but this is exactly why I’ve preferred to sell privately (without a broker). Of course we still use a title/escrow agent for the closing but working directly with the buyer I can deliver exceptional service. When I’m delayed due to travel, work or family issues, my buyer is never in the dark. Similarly I can see if the buyer is communicative and responsive. Helps to build a relationship which I really like personally.

LOL,,,,Are you getting ready to book your families trip in a GV? Good Luck :)
Don't laugh. There are 12 of us. But I'm tempted to splurge the free points on a fortnight at the Poly. Hold the thought. They have probably ruined that one with another commercial hotel tower.

Don't laugh. There are 12 of us. But I'm tempted to splurge the free points on a fortnight at the Poly. Hold the thought. They have probably ruined that one with another commercial hotel tower.
The laughter was for you blaming me for the purchase.

In typical Cammy fashion, had closing docs same day. I see Cammy is now doing an e-signed notary. First dates are next week and although have a notary in my office, I’m tempted to try the e-Notary to see how easy it is!
Cammy told me that after a contract comes back from Rofr she generally has them back to Disney within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter