ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized I forgot to update on these two:

CLEEEVUS---$125-$44450-350-AUL-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 0/22, 350/23- Subsidized dues- sent 11/29, passed 12/20
CLEEEVUS---(SELLER) $120-$24600-200-AUL-Aug-0/20, 0/21, 114/22, 20/23- sent 12/1, passed 12/20

and adding this new one:
CLEEEVUS—(SELLER) $115-$25900-220-SSR-Sep-0/20, 0/21, 111/22, 220/23- sent 1/5

Is private sale relevant information? I feel like it might be because it essentially impacts the price per point I sold for. Anyway, both sales were done privately.

Is private sale relevant information? I feel like it might be because it essentially impacts the price per point I sold for. Anyway, both sales were done privately.

Are there websites, facebook pages, etc. where one were to find private listings?

Are there websites, facebook pages, etc. where one were to find private listings?

Just know that even a private transaction…simply cuts out the broker…still goes through ROFR and has the same chance of being taken as any other.

Most sellers will go through a broker because it’s worth the fee to pay them to handle it all.

Not sure what I can mention here but yes, FB groups. and Sandi is right, it still goes through ROFR and has the same traditional timeline that all other contracts have, just without a broker :upsidedow

Just realized I forgot to update on these two:

CLEEEVUS---$125-$44450-350-AUL-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 0/22, 350/23- Subsidized dues- sent 11/29, passed 12/20
CLEEEVUS---(SELLER) $120-$24600-200-AUL-Aug-0/20, 0/21, 114/22, 20/23- sent 12/1, passed 12/20

and adding this new one:
CLEEEVUS—(SELLER) $115-$25900-220-SSR-Sep-0/20, 0/21, 111/22, 220/23- sent 1/5

How do private sales work?

ETA: Like, how do buyers and sellers find each other and how complicated is the process without a broker?

How do private sales work?

ETA: Like, how do buyers and sellers find each other and how complicated is the process without a broker?
Facebook rental/sale groups. The process is almost the same as traditional route with a broker, the only difference being buyer and seller negotiate directly and sign contract prior to submitting to title company. Title company handles the rest of the process. It’s very easy.

Anyone else here find it funny how incensed some brokers get when you make aggressive offers? I honestly don't care because I am willing to pay what I am willing to pay but I do find it interesting. I have always felt these brokers work more for the sellers than the buyers even though they are not supposed to. Does anyone else feel the same?

Anyone else here find it funny how incensed some brokers get when you make aggressive offers? I honestly don't care because I am willing to pay what I am willing to pay but I do find it interesting. I have always felt these brokers work more for the sellers than the buyers even though they are not supposed to. Does anyone else feel the same?
Not so much funny as frustrating. Just send on my offer, that's your job!

They do seem to side with sellers a bit more. I suspect it's because it affects their commission.

Yes! I feel this as well. This is my first time going through this process. I have been dying to purchase DVC for the last decade (my husband was the hold out), and I have done much research. We decided to go resale for our first purchase. I made 4 offers with 4 different brokers. I based my offers on research done using these boards and other websites. I also looked at the latest ROFR data available. I had 2 offers excepted the same night offer was made. The other 2 brokers contacted me to tell me my offer was too low and to try to convince me to up my offer. Well, today at 9:32 am, I received an email from my broker congratulating me for passing ROFR. I guess my offer wasn't too low after all. I bid $157 a point on Bay Lake for 200 points and double points (banked from 2021) this year.

I will use the form and input the information as soon as seller and I sign the documents. I am still a bit worried as I am not sure if seller can back out at this point. I won't be able to say which broker I went with because they are not on the approved list on these boards. However, I am not sure why since they have many listings and were super attentive and prompt through this whole process. I thought that brokers are supposed to produce all offers to seller. I don't feel as this is always the case. It seems that it isn't just Disney driving up the prices of resale but that some of the brokers are playing a role in this as well. They might be doing themselves a disservice in the long run. I was already thinking that if I didn't get this contract that I would just purchase a 200 point Animal Kingdom contract direct and save myself the hassle.

Yes! I feel this as well. This is my first time going through this process. I have been dying to purchase DVC for the last decade (my husband was the hold out), and I have done much research. We decided to go resale for our first purchase. I made 4 offers with 4 different brokers. I based my offers on research done using these boards and other websites. I also looked at the latest ROFR data available. I had 2 offers excepted the same night offer was made. The other 2 brokers contacted me to tell me my offer was too low and to try to convince me to up my offer. Well, today at 9:32 am, I received an email from my broker congratulating me for passing ROFR. I guess my offer wasn't too low after all. I bid $157 a point on Bay Lake for 200 points and double points (banked from 2021) this year.

I will use the form and input the information as soon as seller and I sign the documents. I am still a bit worried as I am not sure if seller can back out at this point. I won't be able to say which broker I went with because they are not on the approved list on these boards. However, I am not sure why since they have many listings and were super attentive and prompt through this whole process. I thought that brokers are supposed to produce all offers to seller. I don't feel as this is always the case. It seems that it isn't just Disney driving up the prices of resale but that some of the brokers are playing a role in this as well. They might be doing themselves a disservice in the long run. I was already thinking that if I didn't get this contract that I would just purchase a 200 point Animal Kingdom contract direct and save myself the hassle.
congrats. great price. Bay Lake would have been our choice but for wanting the theming at Copper Creek.

Yes, and I'm thinking about putting in an offer with a broker that I've not worked with in years because of that...but it's the PERFECT contract LOL! I expect to get lectured about what I don't know (26 years DVC)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter