• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

16,000 total points. Think it’s the same owner and an individual? It’s my UY but I don’t need 200 additional points at GF.
I was wondering whether it was a commercial renter - or I guess maybe I should say I hope it was a commercial renter who's getting out of the business after DVC got after them....
Yep, getting out before the hammer comes & they get stuck with a ton of points. 🤞

Updated!

I'm not sure if my opinion counts for anything, since I'm just the muscle...but I honestly don't mind the chatter on the thread. It's going to end up happening anyway as people comment on posted contracts. It's not hard for me to pick out the data strings, but I also enjoy reading the posts. Anyway, my two Canadian cents, so like 1.67 DVC currency cents based on today's FOREX.

Just a reminder…please don’t post info about specific contracts for sale. Some info posted today has been left..just because it’s too much to delete.

Because we don’t allow For Salw posts, we also don’t allow people to share new contracts that show up.

Updated!

I'm not sure if my opinion counts for anything, since I'm just the muscle...but I honestly don't mind the chatter on the thread. It's going to end up happening anyway as people comment on posted contracts. It's not hard for me to pick out the data strings, but I also enjoy reading the posts. Anyway, my two Canadian cents, so like 1.67 DVC currency cents based on today's FOREX.

⚠️ ....:offtopic: Don't 🔥 me please @Sandisw 😂

Wait...1.67?! I'm seeing 1.37!! I have XE app...been watching the Euros...😅

This may be a silly question, are ROFR decisions ever communicated over a weekend? We are day 18 today so just wondering whether I should be glued to my emails this weekend or if I should just give up until Monday? (Who am I kidding, I’ll still be constantly refreshing either way).

This may be a silly question, are ROFR decisions ever communicated over a weekend? We are day 18 today so just wondering whether I should be glued to my emails this weekend or if I should just give up until Monday? (Who am I kidding, I’ll still be constantly refreshing either way).
Rarely communicated on a weekend… but I have seen it. I would give up until Monday though!

Just got word Disney waived. What can I realistically expect next? First timer.
Next comes the Trial By Fire. Prepare yourself with a full night's rest and carb up. Mickey don't mess around!

Jk. Next the (edit) title co will prep your settlement and get your closing docs to you in a few days. You'll sign and return your docs promptly. You can either send funds right away or wait for confirmation the seller has returned their docs signed. The latter may be wiser, but I've twice sent mine immediately to avoid further waiting.

Congrats and welcome home!

Last edited:
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Your title company takes it from here. Hopefully you have a good (and speedy) one. Online notary service is usually quicker, but some have reported delays in getting a timeslot (sellers, but also buyers if financing). 1 week - 2 weeks has been my experience.

Once closed, and the deed is recorded, the wait on Disney begins. Waiting to load contract, then waiting to load the points in the contract. Can be a month long, or even longer process. Sending best wishes that it is shorter!

But, again, congrats! And enjoy CCV!

Congrats and welcome home neighbor! The other posts laid out the next steps perfectly but if you’re looking for more on current times for things, check out the Closing Time thread you can kind of gauge how long most steps are taking right now:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter