ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

do you mind if I ask what the list price was? We are keeping an eye out for a BWV contract that size.
The list price was $108/ point. We put in a bid at full price. I didn’t want to risk losing this one! I didn’t think I needed to negotiate the price down since it seemed to be much lower than the other ones we were looking at! I found it on Fidelity if that helps. They’ve had some good deals lately.

Just for the fun of it - to compare to the www.dvcresalemarket.com chart - I went and ran the numbers on the Boardwalk recorded Deeds (resale only since we know Direct is $240/point) for the month of April to date. Which was twenty contracts.

I know I've bought and sold Boardwalk in the last 60 days (small contracts $140-$145) but the www.dvcresalemarket.com site shows $118 as the "Average". The lowest recorded was $103 per point (not surprisingly a larger contract at 270 points). The highest recorded was $150 per point (a 50 point contract). No way to tell if either of those were loaded or stripped - which also changes those values considerably.

Using a single charted number can be misleading for market values.

I'm trying to understand why someone would pay $240 pp for a BWV deed that ends in 2042.

Why not just buy resale? Is there a benefit to doing it direct?

I mean if you want the direct points why not just buy another DVC that at least goes much longer?

If you want to just book at 11 months then resale seems the much better value IMO.

I'm trying to understand why someone would pay $240 pp for a BWV deed that ends in 2042.

I mean if you want the direct points why not just buy another DVC that at least goes much longer?

If you want to just book at 11 months then resale seems the much better value IMO.
Not many here would disagree. ;)

If BWV was your favorite resort, money wasn't an issue, hassle free purchase process and instant gratification.

Someone may want a small contract (25pt) with full points loaded instantly in their UY.

Not saying I agree with it, but that would be the thought process.

If BWV was your favorite resort, money wasn't an issue, hassle free purchase process and instant gratification.
Someone may want a small contract (25pt) with full points loaded instantly in their UY.

Not saying I agree with it, but that would be the thought process.
Also could be just 25 points short on benefits.

that's the only way I personally could see it.

I love BWV, it's my favorite resort and location. We just bought SSR but if I had to pick the resort I want to stay at the most it would be BWV.

For us, the increasing difficulty of booking esp at 7 months (we rarely plan our trips more than 4 months out, much less 7 or 11 LOL) and the 2042 expiration just didn't work well for us.

that's the only way I personally could see it.

I love BWV, it's my favorite resort and location. We just bought SSR but if I had to pick the resort I want to stay at the most it would be BWV.

For us, the increasing difficulty of booking esp at 7 months (we rarely plan our trips more than 4 months out, much less 7 or 11 LOL) and the 2042 expiration just didn't work well for us.
I was of the same opinion however the thread on the final cost of dues has me seriously considering BWV because it ends in 2042.

I still think it’s unlikely but you never know

The list price was $108/ point. We put in a bid at full price. I didn’t want to risk losing this one! I didn’t think I needed to negotiate the price down since it seemed to be much lower than the other ones we were looking at! I found it on Fidelity if that helps. They’ve had some good deals lately.
I think it was wise to bid at full price on that one. It was a really good deal! And not many 100 points in a good use year come through. I was looking for a month and finally "settled" for a 150 pt contract. I am SURE we will be able to spend the extra points no problem! LOL

Last edited:
I haven’t run the numbers in a while but at that price I think you’re very likely better off renting points.
I’m sure you are. But if you were wanted to book 1BDs instead of studios for instance… you probably wouldn’t want to rent half the trip and use your points for half the trip and hope you don’t have to change rooms….

Yes great price, I think you did the right thing! It’s always helpful to know if people are negotiating and from what price point, so thanks for the info!

Chia1974---$95-$3328-25-AKV-Aug-0/23, 50/24, 25/25-Seller pays admin fee- sent 2/23, passed 3/28

This one took forever!
Nice price!!
Mine didn’t take too long in ROFR, but seems to be taking a long time to load the points… and boy did I pay more for my 25pts. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter