ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More good news for SSR... WE PASSED!!
wings91---$95-$25900-250-SSR-Jun-0/17, 500/18, 250/19- sent 5/4 PASSED 5/23
I'm very surprised considering all of 2017 were banked to this year, I thought that would be the hook for Disney for sure.

So excited to finally be DVC members!!

:welcome:

I'm very surprised considering all of 2017 were banked to this year, I thought that would be the hook for Disney for sure.

What an amazing contract! Congratulations!!

Congratulations

Got an email back from my broker this morning. Says Disney got up to files sent on 5/4 (even though there are people that submitted before this that have not heard back yet, and people that submitted after this that have heard back). Goes on to say they *probably* won’t receive another batch of waivers until next week. >:(

Got an email back from my broker this morning. Says Disney got up to files sent on 5/4 (even though there are people that submitted before this that have not heard back yet, and people that submitted after this that have heard back). Goes on to say they *probably* won’t receive another batch of waivers until next week. >:(
Which broker if I may ask?

Not surprising with the long weekend coming up.

My broker has advised that all that have been taken recently are coming in around the 30 day mark. As we are at day 28 I'm guessing this one has gone.

Did anyone hear back from DVC Resale Market yesterday? I’m just wondering if I’m in for another week or two of waiting. I’m not worried about it getting taken because it isn’t a fantastic deal or anything. Even if it does get taken, I’m ok with it because it’s a lot of money. I still highly doubt they want this one.

Dan1, I am working with the broker that is the sponsor of this board. I am only two weeks and a couple days into ROFR, but I was really hoping to be on the passed SSR contracts train that cake in yesterday. Seems to be my luck as of late. Oh well. Back to waiting.

Did anyone hear back from DVC Resale Market yesterday? I’m just wondering if I’m in for another week or two of waiting. I’m not worried about it getting taken because it isn’t a fantastic deal or anything. Even if it does get taken, I’m ok with it because it’s a lot of money. I still highly doubt they want this one.
We heard from DVC Resale Market last Thursday on our contract and they posted it on FB right around the same time, for what it's worth. You may want to check their FB page. I don't see any posts from them about ROFR since 5/17. I would think there would be another list coming any time now.

We heard from DVC Resale Market last Thursday on our contract and they posted it on FB right around the same time, for what it's worth. You may want to check their FB page. I don't see any posts from them about ROFR since 5/17. I would think there would be another list coming any time now.

I did check the FB page both last night and again this morning. Nothing so far. That’s what made me wonder if they’ve let everyone know for their batch. Honestly, it’s just because we’re going out of town soon. Oh well. Disney almost always makes me wait longer than others that submit on the same day as me. :(

It was DVCRM that I checked in with yesterday. They hadn't received any waivers in over a week, but had buybacks on the 30 day mark.

It was DVCRM that I checked in with yesterday. They hadn't received any waivers in over a week, but had buybacks on the 30 day mark.

That's so weird that all the other brokers heard back but them. Maybe they're mad at them...for having me as a client. :crazy2: Haha. Sorry to the seller if s/he is on this board because we are going on a long driving vacation (which includes WDW as part of it), and it'll all have to wait until we get back to finish up the paperwork/send in the money. :(

Last edited:
I'm also waiting on DVCRM, sent 5/4 for PVB, so count me in that same group too. It wasn't an amazing deal or anything and you don't see many buybacks of PVB, but I recently saw an updated sales chart somewhere showing what passed ROFR and the average price per point was decently higher than what we paid. So now I'm wondering if PVB could be among the next resorts that get hit.

I'm also waiting on DVCRM, sent 5/4 for PVB, so count me in that same group too. It wasn't an amazing deal or anything and you don't see many buybacks of PVB, but I recently saw an updated sales chart somewhere showing what passed ROFR and the average price per point was decently higher than what we paid. So now I'm wondering if PVB could be among the next resorts that get hit.

If we are all confused, imagine how they feel over there at DVCRM. I'd be pretty annoyed/angry if all the other brokers were hearing back and able to move forward on closings/getting their commission, and I was the only broker still waiting on my next batch of waivers. Time is money, as we all know.

I just wanted to add that I did receive a ROFR waiver notice on a Monday once when the date on the letter was the previous Friday. They didn't email it out until the following Monday to my broker and the title company. I don't know if they just ignored the ones to DVCRM for this batch or if they haven't started on sending out the emails yet because they are the largest batch. It doesn't really matter either way for us, but it is such an incredibly inefficient process. The efficiency expert in me sees so many ways to speed it up to save DVD time which in turn would save them money. Disney, give me a call, and I can shed some light on some more efficient processes. :thumbsup2 I'm sure a lot of you have had similar insights as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter