Rise of the Resistance.....did I notice a change?

Like others, I have found when we are the last off the first ship that we can linger a little longer in the storm trooper room. Definitely can get a picture or 2. And I now seem to have a ton as it is easiest to be the last off the ship with a wheelchair.

In terms of the cast members right before interrogation, I have had some really great interactions and "meanness". And others, not so much. All break character slightly with a party with a wheelchair as they lean in quietly and ask how far my mom can walk and how long she can stand. Always very nice. One of our best interactions was with a cast member who was asking us our assigned colors and I looked him straight in the eye and innocently told him I prefer pink over blue. He had a very hard time keeping a straight face after I said that. I keep hoping I can crack one like that again.

Like others, I have found when we are the last off the first ship that we can linger a little longer in the storm trooper room. Definitely can get a picture or 2. And I now seem to have a ton as it is easiest to be the last off the ship with a wheelchair.

In terms of the cast members right before interrogation, I have had some really great interactions and "meanness". And others, not so much. All break character slightly with a party with a wheelchair as they lean in quietly and ask how far my mom can walk and how long she can stand. Always very nice. One of our best interactions was with a cast member who was asking us our assigned colors and I looked him straight in the eye and innocently told him I prefer pink over blue. He had a very hard time keeping a straight face after I said that. I keep hoping I can crack one like that again.
From the various replies it seems like I got the short end of lightsaber when it came to the interrogations. Still didn't diminish the fun we had.

Sorry, had to take another swing at some Star Wars humor. 😁

We were there last week. I definitely noticed we had more time in the Storm Trooper room last week than in the past. They formed a line and we were in the back so we got videos and photos and was able to take it all in for a good couple of minutes. The last time we were there in 2021 we were rushed through pretty quickly and didn't get to see it as well. I do think it depends on how backed up they are though.

They did have CM's doing interrogations last week too. Not to our group, but I noticed it in another group while we were waiting.

We were lucky enough to ride with the cannons working the first time we rode it a few years back. It still is an awesome ride without them, but that "sidestepping" the cannons was so cool and the effect isn't as fun without them moving.

We were lucky enough to ride with the cannons working the first time we rode it a few years back. It still is an awesome ride without them, but that "sidestepping" the cannons was so cool and the effect isn't as fun without them moving.
I totally agree, but if you never experienced it that way you’d have no idea what you’re missing.

I agree! We went the first year it was open and I literally CRIED when the Resistance folks came to save us - and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan! I don't know if there was just more excitement when it opened and folks were more committed? But the last time we went it felt very much like CMs were just moving us from point to point and not really INTO it anymore. Maybe it just depends on who you get and what kind of day they are having?

Same here, we rode at World last year and thought only they had changed it, was hoping to see that again in a month when we are at DL. Once you did it and know what it’s supposed to do it just feels really weird when the vehicle makes an abrupt stop in that hallway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter