Ride Swap --TEAM BELIEVE--

Hey Sconnel! Don't feel bad at all! I just finally worked out my whole layout for both groups and purchased all of the paper on Saturday! In fact, I spent my entire crop yesterday cutting some of my pieces and I'm still only 1/3 of the way done with the cutting. I haven't even started assembling, embellishing, etc.

Tinks post scared the daylights out of me!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Sconnell, don't worry. Your inspiration will come to you when you least expect it. I just gather supplies I think I might use, and think about everything that has to do with the subject, then off I go. I just scribble down ideas that come to mind, then when I'm shopping, I may see something that just really gels the idea. That's what happened with my Tiki Birds Room idea. It just kind of came to me while I was out shopping at a Hobby Lobby store out of town. Now I just need the uninterrupted time to finish everything. Once you get started I think you'll find that all sorts of things will start crossing your mind, and you may even find yourself overwhelmed with all the possibilities! (Oops, I didn't mean to make matters worse! :blush: )

Good luck with your planning. I hope some inspiration comes to you today. :flower:

I just got my idea thanks to suggestions on a scrapbooking board...

I will hopefully start in one or two days.

Glad I'm not the only one.

If you need ideas check out Twopeas or even online scrapbbok stores or even go to your local scrapbook store and maybe you will se something that inspires you or gives you an idea for your design. I know what I would like to do I just have to figure out exactly how I am going to go about doing that. I hope this helps.

Becky

I finished mine....only because I work full-time AND decided to take 4 classes at college.... :confused3 What was I thinking? Anyway, when do you want it sent Em?

Anytime you want to- I'm ready enough for them its all good :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I figured out what I am doing but its going to be a bit different for each coast so if you are a DISNEYLAND scrapper (or if you want a since 1955 piece instead of a 1971 piece) Post here and you shall get one- If I do not hear from you- You shall get a WALT DISNEY WORLD piece (aka since 1971)

That is all :) -em

Hey Em!

I would like a Disneyland piece since we go there more often than WDW. Thanks for the option!!

Cheers!

Well, I the weekend after I signed up, I went and got some paper and chose my color scheme, but I am just so scared that it won't be up to standard. I want them to be perfect! I bought some fibers and some eyelets. I need to see if I can find a nice jungle stamp. I've already cut most everything. I used my CMC friend's Sizzix for my tag base. My journaling box model is done. Everything for them are cut. My border models are almost done. Most things cut. My tags are where I'm stuck. I need to wait until my stuff comes in.
Anyone know if Stampin' Up has any Jungle leaves?

I was so worried for my first swap too! :hug: I'm sure your things will be lovely! Try not to worry.

When Michaels had 40% off of their stamps about 2 weeks ago, I got a really neat lizard stamp called: Spiral Gecko It's on this page if you want to look - it's near the bottom, but you could do a search for "spiral" to get there quickly: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rubber+stampede+spiral+gecko

He makes me think of the jungle even if he isn't leaves.

I need help ladies, does anyone know where I can get Buzz Lightyear stickers?? (the sm ones) Sandylions on line only has the BIG ones, so does my LSS. I thought Michael's had them but when I went last week I didn't fine them.

TIA

I could have sworn I saw them at Michaels too. :confused3 Do you have the address for Sandylions? I haven't been able to find it. DD (Nez) is looking for Peter Pan stickers & I've checked all of the local stores (LSS, Mikes, ACM, JoAnns) without success.

How do I mail the borders? They won't fit in small ziploc bags.

I've got my idea down, but I keep changing my mind. Can you guys give me your opinion? I got white, red and black for pirates of the caribbean. I found some tanish parchement paper, should I buy and use that instead of the white? It's more antique looking, kinda like an old map. The problem is I got foam embellishments (pirate stuff) and the colors are red, white and black. Taht's why I chose those color papers. I want it to look nice though, so any thoughts? This is my first swap too and I'm nervous. I seriously doubt that I'd put this much thought into it if it were my own scrapbook, lol.

I put my borders in gallon-sized ziploc bags - but they didn't fit vertical or horizontal....they were in the bags on a diagonal. I had trouble, though, getting all that excess plastic to fit into the envelope. I've noticed that some people have wrapped theirs in Syran Wrap to help keep them dry. I'm guessing you might then put all of the wrapped borders into one or two gallon bags to send to Emily.

As for the color issue..... The parchment paper sounds really neat! Are the foam pieces going on the same element as the parchment? If so, you might want to stick with the same color. Sometimes tan & white don't look so great - it depends on how dark/light the tan is - you know? Use your own judgement. I'm sure we'll all agree with whatever you think looks good!

I know the feeling of not trusting your own judgement, though. Yesterday I stood in ACM for about 20 minutes trying to decide on which shades of brown I wanted to use for a paper piecing for the other swap. :rolleyes: I finally ended up asking another shopper to help me. :rotfl:

Having said that, don't follow my example! LOL Relax & enjoy yourself! I'm sure everyone will love what you've done! :teeth:

The only Peter Pan stickers I have came from either WDW/DL in one of their rolls and it was only peter with 8 jillion other stickers- But I'll be on the lookout

As for the borders- Feel free to send them in one big bag- They do pretty well on an angle and I can just add them to the "big bag" everything goes in because it is kinda a waste of a bag (others prefer to send them individuially wrapped it so whatever works) The Saran Wrap idea is great or some have put them in envelopes (I think it was legal sized)

PLEASE PLEASE don't stress totally out about it- Its not a contest and if you like- I'm sure we will love it :)

-em

Thanks for the ideas. I may just send them all in one bag if that's not too much trouble for you Emily.

I think I'll put together a few and see how they look. If I'm not happy, I'll go back and get the parchement. I may get it anyway. Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Of course, I really want to do the opposite of what I bought. That's okay though, it means another trip to michaels, haha.

Buzz Stickers- Try Walmart in their Stationary section- We had some small Buzz there at my store-

And one bag is just fine

-em

I'm really wanting to be home working on my stuff right now. Man, why does work have to be work? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter