Review/Royal Pacific and Tchoup Chop 3/27-3/30

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I really enjoyed this hotel and the proximity to IOA and USF. I loved the front of the line access on all the rides, that beats FASTPASS anyday! The grounds to this hotel were very pretty and really made me feel like I was on vacation. I loved the walk to Citywalk, coming out off the path right at Margaritaville was great for this Parrothead! We could not transport any Margarita's back to the hotel, the security guard said they had different liquor licenses. The boat ride was nice, we took it for the kids once, but, I preferred the walk.

The lobby is on the 3rd floor and so was our room, the pool level is on the first floor, so I only got lost 1 time! The pool was very pretty and I loved the zero depth entry and my 3 year old loved all the sand! The pail and shovel at check-in was a nice touch.

The room was nicely decorated, standard room with 2 beds. We had a view of IOA. It is on the small side, but, we were fine. I liked the dragonfly lamps above the bed, when you dimmed them, you saw dragonflies on the wall. The bathroom area was nice to have the sink outside of the shower area.

We ate at the Islands dining room on Saturday night, we did the buffet. The kids buffet was great and affordable at $3.99. The adult buffet was good but not worth the money. I believe it was $24.50. One nice thing is that Scooby Doo and Shaggy were there for pictures. The kids buffet area had a lounge area with movies playing.

I would highly reccommend the Kids Nite Out in room babysitting. We payed $19.00 per hour for our 3 kids, the women was so nice. she reminded me of my mother. They have a 4 hour minimum, but, that was fine. My husband and I wanted a quiet dinner together.

We went to Tchoup Chop for dinner. 1 word describes our experience. INCREDIBLE. We booked the Chef's Table at 5:30p.m. we sat at the counter with 6 other people and had our meal prepared in front of us by our chef. It was the best meal of my life! We had so much food, it was $48.00 per person, but, the amount of courses you get and the quality and service was impeccable. Mai Tai's were good and strong at $10.00 a pop they should be. We had a few more after dinner at the Tiki Bar! We are not big spenders, but, we decided to splurge on us for a change! It was worth it!

We bought some coffee and light snacks at the little lobby area restaurant, I can't remember the name, but, it was great in the morning.

Overall, great resort, great pool, Tchoup Chop has awesome food and service!

Would definitely stay here again!

Leah :tongue:

Thanks for the report! We booked RPR for October and can't wait!

Great review! Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to hear you guys had such a good time! I'm getting so excited for my trip there at the end of this month. :D

Very nice report............ Sounds like you had a great time.

I LOVE the RPR....... it is beautiful! We will never stay anywhere else!!! I can hardly wait to get back down there!!

Love the Tchoup Chop and RPR. We are thinking about trying the Mariners Club for the kids our next visit, but the in room sitting sounds cool too.

Thanks for the report. I love the dragonfly lamps too! Glad you had a good time.

Thanks so much for the report. We are staying 3 nights in October.

Was looking forward to it anyway but after your report I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter