Resale Benefits

Axelshire

Earning My Ears
After you buy a resale property, does Dinsey "take over"? What I mean by that is do you still get membership information through them, keeping updated on the latest with Disney, the process of paying your dues, things like that. I'd hate to miss out on anything if I were to buy resale vs from Disney direct. Thanks for the help.

The only thing I've not received from buying on the resale market are some of the "freebies" subsequent to the sale: tote bag, license plates, etc.

Once your contract is entered into DVC's computer, you're an owner just like everyone else, and you receive all of the communications, etc.

CRobin is absolutely correct. We purchased resale (OKW) last year and are treated like any other DVCer!!!

Also your membership card will list you as a member since the original date of the contract purchase- ie we purchased in Feb 2001 but our card says member since 9/99

You do get some of the freebies. I bought a resale a couple of years ago. I missed out on the tote bag :(, but I received a calendar, the previous special DVC pins and the DVC license plate. Once you're a member, you get all the on-going freebies the same as folks who bought through Disney.

What if you have multi contracts; one from Disney and one from a re-sale? Do you receive the bennies and books from each or only one?

So far I have only received one. I am not looking for anything free. I assumed that because I have two very seperate contracts, which I cannot combine points etc, without complying with the DVC rules then I should receive a duplicate set of info.

As I stated, I am not looking to stock pile or sell the stuff on ebay, but I would like a second set to allow family members to view. After all, I still pay full dues on the contract, which accounts for items such as mailings, guides, etc. I called MS and they sort of told me too bad. You are one person, therefore you are entitled to one set.

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

:(

We own two different use years, two separate contracts and only get new books, pages, etc. as if we were one. I think their computer must have a way to stop duplicate mailings. We originally received two books but when the updates came out, it was always just to keep one book current. When the new directories were shipped, we still just received one. That is all we need so I am not complaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter