Remy BG vs ILL$

So wait, at 7am when hotel guests can get the paid LL, the earliest time was 3pm? Are they spacing paid LL throughout the day, or are they purposely making them later in the day and pushing virtual q earlier in the day? I’d really like to knock rides like this out earlier in the day. I was hoping by going the paid LL route, you could select early times pretty easily.
I specifically chose the time of 3pm. We did not have park reservations for Epcot in the am and hopped over at 2pm. I wanted to ensure we had adequate time to walk back to France from the front of the park.

So wait, at 7am when hotel guests can get the paid LL, the earliest time was 3pm? Are they spacing paid LL throughout the day, or are they purposely making them later in the day and pushing virtual q earlier in the day? I’d really like to knock rides like this out earlier in the day. I was hoping by going the paid LL route, you could select early times pretty easily.
With the exception of ROTR, you can select your times for ILL rides.

I booked a Boarding Group for Remy at 7 am Sunday, and got group 65, which at that time was estimated for 1 pm.

Around 9:30 am, I noticed the boarding group estimated time had moved forward to 2:30 pm. Since my husband and I were planning to leave Epcot around 2, I looked at Lightning Lane Entry times, and found the earliest was for 12:30. So, it should be possible to get a morning slot for several hours after 7.

My Boarding Group was called around 2:15 -- it didn't automatically cancel when I bought the ILL$.

We are going to try for a BG tomorrow morning before our flight lands - I know they had previously been allowing you to use your BG after the window had been called/expired - does anyone know if that’s still true? Family of 5, I would rather not buy ILL and we probably won’t stay in the park very late so I don’t want to pull for a BG when we arrive in Epcot early afternoon 😊

So if we want to ride twice, would everyone recommend at 7:00 trying for the BG first and then buying the ILL$? I’d assume free fulls up before paid!

does anyone know how long it takes for Remy 7am BG to fill up? If I wanted a BG for later in the day should I wait 5 min?

I have no idea what I even meant by that LOL. Yes you can. I think my point was (again I totally don't even remember typing that) ROTR goes fast, and so you don't have as many choices of times? Sorry, not sure what I was saying.

lol, it's ok! happens to us all! thanks for replying!

Today. 7am on the dot I got BG 25 with a Return Time of 12:05 and it said expect 30 minute wait.

does anyone know how long it takes for Remy 7am BG to fill up? If I wanted a BG for later in the day should I wait 5 min?

I wouldn't wait 5 minutes to get a BG. Last week on a Wed I tried at 7am on the dot and got BG 68 and my return time slipped all the way until near our dinnertime because the ride was having issues. People were reporting near 2-3pm they were 45-90 minute waits in the queue after BG was called because it was having technical problems that day. We skipped it and just enjoyed our dinner and headed home.
Luckily we did a paid IA$ the day before that we literally walked right onto a ride vehicle with zero wait. Literally walked right on. That was around 4pm on a weekday. (edited to add we bought our IA$ that day around 2pm from our hotel before park-hopping and they still had lots of paid availability)

How soon do you need to arrive after your group has been called? I'm assuming your time slot expires at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter