Rejected Offers Thread

Are many of your rejected offers still for sale?

At quick glance it appears just more than 50% are. I don’t really continue to follow them after my bid is declined. I take one shot and move on. Three times a broker came back to me about a month later. On all three I said my new offer was $7-10pp less than my original. Only one seller took it. The other two are still listed. One has been listed 7 months the other has been listed 4 months.

I was trying to secure points for a BC 2BD or a BW GV for late March 2025 in addition to a VGF stay. The weekend point chart made the points needed a bit wonky. Looking to combine 24/25/26 points.

BCV 100pt, 100/100 Listed $145, Offered $130. Counter $140. Passed. Contract sold a day later.

BCV 70pt, 53/70 Listed $175, Offered $128. No counter, broker invited to resubmit closer to listing. Passed.

BWV 160pt 320/160 List $120. Offered Full Price…. Seller had already received and accepted another offer.

BWV 175pt, 29/175 Listed $125, Offered $100. Countered $118. Passed. Broker later called and said the seller is motivated. I wrote an email that laid out the parameters on why I made the offer I did and did not receive a reply.

BCV 100pt, 18/100 Listed $133, Offered $129 (lowest site would allow). Counter $132. Passed with a massive eye roll.

Got annoyed and did a full price offer on a 50pt VGF. Done playing the 2042 EPCOT game. I’ll hope the SAB refurb opens up some spots at BCV and waitlist part of the trip.

I was trying to secure points for a BC 2BD or a BW GV for late March 2025 in addition to a VGF stay. The weekend point chart made the points needed a bit wonky. Looking to combine 24/25/26 points.

BCV 100pt, 100/100 Listed $145, Offered $130. Counter $140. Passed. Contract sold a day later.

BCV 70pt, 53/70 Listed $175, Offered $128. No counter, broker invited to resubmit closer to listing. Passed.

BWV 160pt 320/160 List $120. Offered Full Price…. Seller had already received and accepted another offer.

BWV 175pt, 29/175 Listed $125, Offered $100. Countered $118. Passed. Broker later called and said the seller is motivated. I wrote an email that laid out the parameters on why I made the offer I did and did not receive a reply.

BCV 100pt, 18/100 Listed $133, Offered $129 (lowest site would allow). Counter $132. Passed with a massive eye roll.

Got annoyed and did a full price offer on a 50pt VGF. Done playing the 2042 EPCOT game. I’ll hope the SAB refurb opens up some spots at BCV and waitlist part of the trip.
People get weird sometimes don't they. lol (especially with BCV) Which is funny, because i went to visit BCV & i would rather have BWV even for the same price, but maybe i missed something or its the pool or something that doesn't affect me as much as others.

At quick glance it appears just more than 50% are. I don’t really continue to follow them after my bid is declined. I take one shot and move on. Three times a broker came back to me about a month later. On all three I said my new offer was $7-10pp less than my original. Only one seller took it. The other two are still listed. One has been listed 7 months the other has been listed 4 months.
I was wondering how likely it would be for a broker to contact me with a new offer. I guess we will see. On my initial offer we were $1200 apart but I did not change my offer in response to their counter. I figured since it was my initial contract bid and there is no immediate need for the points I should be firm for a little while at least.

People get weird sometimes don't they. lol (especially with BCV) Which is funny, because i went to visit BCV & i would rather have BWV even for the same price, but maybe i missed something or its the pool or something that doesn't affect me as much as others.
We wanted as few steps as possible to World Showcase in a room with 2 bathrooms. I don’t love the layout of the rooms on either property. BW is less expensive per point, but no dedicated 2BD.

I would have been happy with either, but with a bank/borrow I know I am getting 5 trips out of a contract with $0 resale at the end…. so the buy in on a 2042 is much more important to me than a contract with 39 years left on it that I could sell in 15 years and still get something for it… especially on a small contract….

I've never been to either but BCV is more appealing to me just for the walk to Epcot. The pool does look pretty amazing but we like to go in January so pool time can be iffy for that anyway. But I do think it's a big reason people like BCV.

We wanted as few steps as possible to World Showcase in a room with 2 bathrooms. I don’t love the layout of the rooms on either property. BW is less expensive per point, but no dedicated 2BD.
I've never been to either but BCV is more appealing to me just for the walk to Epcot. The pool does look pretty amazing but we like to go in January so pool time can be iffy for that anyway. But I do think it's a big reason people like BCV.

Yea, i get that. Everyone has their reasons. I guess i was just comparing resort style, so i didn't see the value in BCV.

But come on, we're D-Land'rs, to us those 2 are the same distance. lol ;)

I feel like BWV seems like a longer walk to the World Showcase and if I stayed there, I'd probably end up on the boat. I wonder if I'll ever stay at any Epcot resort though. I'm a creature of habit so if BRV is available, I'll probably always choose there.

I feel like BWV seems like a longer walk to the World Showcase and if I stayed there, I'd probably end up on the boat. I wonder if I'll ever stay at any Epcot resort though. I'm a creature of habit so if BRV is available, I'll probably always choose there.
It’s a 9 min walk… super close….

But… BCV is a 5 min walk….

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
Yea, i took the boat every time. lol
The one thing that was surprising to me was how close DHS is to BWV, i didn't really notice until later, but apparently i could have walked there. It's the fun of the boats, skyliners, etc that keep me from walking though.!!

Last edited:

Idk why when I read your comment earlier today I must’ve had serious brain fog because I took passed as in you bought the contract like you passed ROFR LOL and thought well damn Astro is now the king of Hawai’i and Beach Club 🤣

Idk why when I read your comment earlier today I must’ve had serious brain fog because I took passed as in you bought the contract like you passed ROFR LOL and thought well damn Astro is now the king of Hawai’i and Beach Club 🤣
I always do that in this thread. lol
We may need a different word like "decline" or something.

The main draw for most people for Beach Club over Boardwalk is the pool. The other draw I think is the exclusivity of the resort. There's no denying that at any point it's harder to get into Beach Club than Boardwalk. With that in mind I still prefer the decor of Boardwalk over Beach Club. I'm pretty flexible with our dates and have been able to find Boardwalk much more regularly than Beach Club especially if you're okay with booking Pool/garden view so I haven't felt the need to own Boardwalk even though I love the location and resort which may be why it's resale value isn't as high. There's also a good amount of 1BR availability at the resort because of the lockoff situation for which personally I wouldn't be opposed to using my resale points at.

Last edited:
Yea, i took the boat every time. lol
The one thing that was surprising to me was how close DHS is to BWV, i didn't really notice until later, but apparently i could have walked there. It's the fun of the boats, skyliners, etc that keep me from walking though.!!
We go in August so I would rather take the monorail or boat instead of any extra walking

Same here. Told the brokers my price and that I didn't want to waste time going back and forth negotiating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter