Regarding Song Airline

My dates are 6/24-7/3. But this is to West Palm Beach not Orlando. Unfortunately, next trip to WDW isn't until November.

How disappointing this is, however the quoted price was that the price for Delta Express or song rates? Are the prices for song going to be the same as is offered for Delta Express or are they going to be less that was my understanding on this.

I've been checking the Song website and calling their 800 number periodically since midnight last night. I did finally talk to someone at Song and she explained what has already been written - there was some sort of glitch in the system but it should be fixed by tomorrow. The website has been updated with the new April 1 date. One thing I was happy to learn was the one way rate from Boston to Orlando (apparently that's how all tickets will be issued - one way) will be $97 - making a round trip fare just under $200 (or slightly over depending on the fees). I've seen fares as low as $175 but they're usually not non-stop. Over the last few years we've paid $220, $240 and $275 per person for a non-stop flight out of Logan Airport so I'm pretty happy with the $97 one way rate. We need 7 tickets for a popular vacation week so I'll be checking bright and early tomorrow morning. Hopefully I have my information straight and won't be hit with the $555 currently being offered on the Delta website. :rolleyes:

Yesterday the site was scheduled to come up at 8 am, maybe thats today's start up time.

Good Luck everyone!!

Patty

It's 7:30 in NYC and I juist checked the Delta site, out of JFK where Delta Express flies out of, and now the Delta Express flights are coming up as Song! The Song site still has nothing, but at least Delta has made it official!

The Song site is now up and running. As I suspected, no flights out of Washington at the beginning. I read in the Wash. Post that we wouldn't be included until much later. Oh well, maybe the competition will help keep the rest of the airlines' tickets affordable.

No flight out of newark, and all the fare out of JFK is not much better. AA has a better price for Xmas. Really disappointed.

I will now wait for JetBlue.

There is a Boston to Orlando but not in the 'first phase' - so if you're booking for a future trip you'll be all set.
The dates for our trip (Feb'04) haven't been loaded into the computer yet. The operator I just spoke to said to check back later today. She added that they're off to a bumpy start. :) She was *very* nice though. :)

Oh thanks for the info Jenny! When does the "first phase" cut off? We are looking for 12/21-12/29, 2003. Ill keep checking!!!

BTW, I was thinking of you recently, thinking I hadnt seen you around much lately. Glad to see you here. :D

It's nice to see a familiar name after not being around for a while! :)

According to the website, Song starts flying from Boston to Orlando on June 6, 2003.

Here's a link to the page:
https://www.flysong.com/create_a_trip/where_we_fly/boston/index.jsp

A Christmas trip...ooh, I'm jealous. For the last few years we've gone over Thanksgiving but for our next trip we decided on Feb. vacation. I'm going to miss all those beautiful decorations....

Well, my family and I will not be booking with Song. I wish them the best of luck, but it's back to regular Delta and jetBlue for us. Song's fares for our dates are almost $500 a person RT. I can get jetBlue for $215, which I thought was high, but now it looks real good!

Thanks for the link! Dont be jealous. This Christmas trip is stressing me out.
We are currently booked with AA at a rate of 225.00. Those were direct flights with great times. They have since cancelled the direct flights, made them connecting and changed the arrival times by like 8 hours. They said we can get a refund, but I dont want to jump on it if Im going to end up paying more than double. So, needless to say, Im dying to find out what Song has to offer. I guess Ill just keep waiting!

The price for a Song flight bought today is $215 vs. the $189 flight I booked with Delta Express. I imagine that since they are switching over the DE flyers to Song half the seats will already be full. When Song starts booking unreleased flights the prices will probably start out low.

Well, I'm not happy. Newark isn't on the list and the direct flights out of Newark for my dates (10/31 - 11/4) are 262.00 per person. There aren't as many Delta Express flights out for those dates, either. They are cheaper from the NYC airports but getting there is miserable, especially since my in-laws are coming up from Ocean County. For them ACY is an option but geez, this stinks. I wonder when and if Continental will drop their fare (currently 517.00 per).

Gail

I just checked out what my flight from Boston to Tampa would cost for Nov. and it came up $129 down and $131 return. $260 RT is a little too steep for me when I've flew to Tampa for $54 down last Dec. (SW internet deal). I'll keep checking back until SW posts it's Nov./Dec. schedule!!!! :smooth:

I hear that Tiger, did you see the return times on that baby?
Like I want to leave FL EVER, but 6 am is totally out of the realm.
LOL.
I will stick with SWA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter