Refurbishments/Rehab dates, Check here first

It might still be a little too early, but any word yet on the last week of July, first week of Aug? I know that's peak time, but I hope none of the main rides will be down. :headache:
I wouldn't worry cause I don't think they would close any main rides during peak season :thumbsup2

It might still be a little too early, but any word yet on the last week of July, first week of Aug? I know that's peak time, but I hope none of the main rides will be down. :headache:
Nothing on the website indicates any closures yet...keep checking back.

We are going Sept 16-22nd. Looks like Twister maybe closed then? :confused:
It's possible since Twister was only open during the busiest times this year but no one knows for sure. Check back closer to your dates.

While at IOA on Friday, I noticed Captain America Diner was closed. I thought that was strange considering how busy it was. I don't know how long it's going to be closed.

We haven't been to Islands Of adventure in several years. I hear part of the lost continent is closed due to Harry Potter. Can you tell me what is closed or will be closed for Oct 2009?

Specifically looking at Dueling Dragons, Flying Unicorn, The 8th Voyage of Sindbad and Poseidon's fury. I think just the flying unicorn is closed but wanted to double check.

Thanks
Dawn

We haven't been to Islands Of adventure in several years. I hear part of the lost continent is closed due to Harry Potter. Can you tell me what is closed or will be closed for Oct 2009?

Specifically looking at Dueling Dragons, Flying Unicorn, The 8th Voyage of Sindbad and Poseidon's fury. I think just the flying unicorn is closed but wanted to double check.

Thanks
Dawn
Of those attractions you mentioned, only The Flying Unicorn is closed. Universal has not mentioned anything about Dueling Dragons' closing date so that's pure speculation.

Can't see anything on the Uni website except for the part of IOA closed for WWOHP.

Any news on any planned closures next week? (12-19 October)

Also, I went in 2007 and since, i've heard people say that the water tunnel on poseidon's fury doesn't run any more, are all the effects on, or have they "cut back"?

Chris

Can't see anything on the Uni website except for the part of IOA closed for WWOHP.

Any news on any planned closures next week? (12-19 October)

Also, I went in 2007 and since, i've heard people say that the water tunnel on poseidon's fury doesn't run any more, are all the effects on, or have they "cut back"?

Chris
There is nothing listed on the website mentioning any closing during that time...except for construction on WWoHP. I think the Poseidon's Fury water tunnel was the result of cutbacks.

I have looked on Universals web site and cannot find their closed ride section. Could someone help TIA

hei people I send a message to Universal Guest Services asking them which attraction were going to be closed in January 23 to 30 and they send me this email

Dear Mr. Rivera,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, Fear Factor®, Fievel’s Playland®, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster®, Disaster!SM, and Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice.

I encourage you to continue checking http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort_Information/theme_park_hours.aspx# for the most up-to-date information on scheduled attraction closures. You can also telephone us at (407) 224-4233, option two (2), closer to your visit.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to entertaining you.

Guest Services

Universal Orlando®

Thanks for the update. I'm going to move this over to the thread on ride closures.

[At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, Fear Factor®, Fievel’s Playland®, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster®, Disaster!SM, and Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice. /QUOTE]

We will be there on 1/20. I have not seen anything posted on the Web Site yet as far as closures. Disaster will be a disappointment, and our kids would have enjoyed the Woody Coaster. The others should not effect us to much. I guess its the price you have to pay for low crowds.

well i really don't know why they didn ot put this info in the website.. that's why i send them a message asking about dueling dragons closing by january ;)

well i really don't know why they didn ot put this info in the website.. that's why i send them a message asking about dueling dragons closing by january ;)
I think the reason nothing is put on the website is attractions closings and refurbs are hit or miss on the schedule and process so nothing is written in stone.

My guess on DD is this...Universal will wait until the last possible minute to refurb anything on DD since it's so popular. That's not to say I'm completely off base but that's my feeling. I don't know exactly what is intended other than a paint job and possible new trains. I hope the castle isn't changed much since it's so cool to walk through. I can't imagine it would take a long time to paint the tracks and switch the trains but I have no idea.

I think the reason nothing is put on the website is attractions closings and refurbs are hit or miss on the schedule and process so nothing is written in stone.

My guess on DD is this...Universal will wait until the last possible minute to refurb anything on DD since it's so popular. That's not to say I'm completely off base but that's my feeling. I don't know exactly what is intended other than a paint job and possible new trains. I hope the castle isn't changed much since it's so cool to walk through. I can't imagine it would take a long time to paint the tracks and switch the trains but I have no idea.
yeap i think so :thumbsup2

DD will continue to operate as long as possible. Their line is all sorts of wonky: the entrance and exit are still through the JP gate, you only enter the "castle" when you go to choose your dragon--the rest of the queue is closed, etc.

Disaster is closed for refurb, as is Popeye & Bluto's. Ripsaw will be closing for refurb in Feb.

DD will continue to operate as long as possible. Their line is all sorts of wonky: the entrance and exit are still through the JP gate, you only enter the "castle" when you go to choose your dragon--the rest of the queue is closed, etc.

Disaster is closed for refurb, as is Popeye & Bluto's. Ripsaw will be closing for refurb in Feb.

How do you know that? Ripsaw closing in feb? and popeye and disaster is closed for refurb until when?
thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter