Recipe for Lemon Posset anyone?

Minnie's Mate

DIS Veteran
On our trip Christmas week, we dined at the Rose-n-Crown. For desert I tried the Lemon Posset and loved it. Does anyone have the recipe for this? I had the English pie sampler and have the recipe from the Chicken and Leek Pie and the Cottage Pie in our Dinning with Mickey cookbook. I really enjoyed this desert and would like to recreate it at home sometime if I can. I am going make the Chicken and Leek Pie for dinner tomorrow night (Saturday).

Does this sound anything like it?

found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/your/food/henrilemon.shtml

Lemon posset
From Henri Paul at Marmalade's, Sheringham

Try this very simple but very refreshing dessert for a summer treat.

Serves 4

Ingredients

1½ pints of double cream
9oz caster sugar
6 lemons

Method

Bring the sugar and cream to the boil and then simmer for one minute, then allow to cool. Add the juice of six lemons. Pour into dessert glasses. Place these into the fridge overnight, in the morning the possets should be set.

To serve

Decorate with fresh fruit and almond biscuits.

Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
UNITED KINGDOM

LEMON POSSET
Serves: 4 people

16 oz. heavy cream
4 oz. powdered sugar
Juice of three lemons

Topping:
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1/2 pint fresh strawberries
3 oz. corn syrup
1 oz. orange juice

Bring heavy cream to a boil, then add sugar. Reduce for four minutes.
Add the lemon juice, mix well and keep cooking for 2 more minutes.
Pour the mixture into a glass or bowl and put it into the refrigerator
overnight. Mixture should be firm.

Topping:
Mix corn syrup with orange juice, then add berries.
Garnish with fresh berries and serve.

Thanks. I assume the "caster sugar" is the same as American powdered sugar.

Also Margie J, my wife loved the Salmon Presetta (?) at The Hollywood Brown Derbie, don't suppose you have that one do you.

By the way, I tried the Chicken and Leek Pie recipe and it turned out pretty close to what I had at the Rose-n-Crown. I will have to make a little fine tuning on my adjustment for dried herbs though (they were a little too strong). Other than that, it tasted pretty much the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter