Recipe For Buffalo Wings???

CamColt

Does anyone know how to make Buffalo Wings(preferable mild-medium)? I have been on the worst buffalo wing kick lately, and they are one thing I dont know how to make. I think its about time I learn.
Thanks!

Here are a couple - I can't vouch for them because I don't eat them,
but thought they might be useful to someone.

This one from http://www.copykat.com

Junior's Buffalo Wings

Ingredients:
Vegetable oil for frying
12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
Spicey Cooking Sauce
2 C. Tomato Juice
1 C. Ketchup
1/3 C. distilled White Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. ground White Pepper, or to taste
3 to 4 drops Tobasco (hot pepper sauce), or to taste
Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce
1 C. Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
1/2 C. bleu cheese, crumbed (about 2 oz.)

Preparation:
Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer according to the manufactor's instructions. Or, if you're using a skillet pour in about an inch of oil and heat over medium high heat to 370 degrees. Cut up chicken wings into three parts, discard wing tip. Add the chicken wings and cook them until golden brown and crips on both sides, about 8 minutes in all. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the wings to paper towels to drain off any excess oil.
Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken wings. Simmer the dish until it's hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
To make the Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce: Stir the mayonnaise and the bleu cheese together. Use right away or chill until serving time.

Here's another from CopyKat:

Players Sports Bar Boneless Buffalo Wings

Ease of Cooking: Medium Difficulty

Ingredients:
2 1/4 C. flour
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 C. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts
Canola oil for frying
1 C. hot sauce like Tobasco
2 Tbsp. melted butter

Preparation:
In a medium bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt, cumin, cornstarch, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and salt. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture and deep fry in hot canola oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with Red Hot Sauce.
Red Hot Sauce
1 C. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. butter
Combine hot sauce and butter, stirring well.

This one is from http://www.cooking.com

Just for a different change of pace.

Orange-Glazed Chicken Wings
Source: Quick from Scratch - Chicken

Serves 4

Roll up your sleeves and dig into dinner! Orange juice and zest, soy sauce, and plenty of garlic coat these wings with fabulous flavor.

1 cup fresh orange juice (from about 2 oranges)

2 tablespoons grated orange zest (from about 3 oranges)

6 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

4 pounds chicken wings

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the orange juice with the orange zest, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat.

On two large baking sheets, arrange the wings in a single layer. Reserve 1/4 cup of the orange mixture and spoon the rest of the mixture over the wings. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and baste them with the reserved orange mixture. Cook until just done, about 10 minutes longer.

MENU SUGGESTIONS: Serve this finger food with a vegetable that you can also eat with your hands, such as strips of raw fennel or jicama.

TEST-KITCHEN TIP: When you grate the orange zest, remove only the orange layer of the skin, leaving the bitter white pith behind.

WINE RECOMMENDATION: Sweet, salty, and hot, this dish really needs a wine with good acidity, moderate alcohol, and just a touch of sweetness. Look for a low-alcohol German kabinett riesling or a semi-dry riesling from the Finger Lakes region of New York.

Reprinted by permission of Food and Wine. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutrition Facts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serves 4
Facts per Serving

Calories: 623 Fat: 16g Carbohydrates: 12g
Cholesterol: 259mg Sodium: 2142mg Protein: 101g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 23% % Cal. from Carbs: 8%

Okay.... My DH tells all his friend that I make the best wwings.... so her is what I do....

5 lbs. chicken wings

I put them in a roasting pan and slow cook them at 200 degrees until they are pretty much cooked.... I season them with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder after about an 1/2 hour.... covered.

When they are cooked I put 2 bottles of Texas Petes Buffalo Wing Sauce and slow cook them for another hour or so.... uncovered.

Then I put them on a baking sheet and usually turn up the oven just a little and cook them until they get a little crispy.

They are done !!!!

These taste SOOOOO good.... they actually fall off the bone !!!

If you don't want them that hot, use 1 bottle of the Texas Petes Sauce and 1 bottle of BBQ sauce !!!

I have been nominated to make them for Superbowl this year too !!!!!!!

Good Luck and Enjoy !!!!!!

Debbie :wave:

Look like great recipes BUT if you want real honest-to-goodness wings...you just gotta come here to Buffalo ( where we just call them "wings" ) :D
I have never really had them anywhere that was the same as our hometown creation

Have fun making them....I am getting hungry now!!

:D :D :D

<center>BUFFALO WINGS

Marinate chicken wings in Italian Dressing overnight. Cook wings on grill or in oven until brown. In a saucepan melt 1 stick of margarine a 1 bottle of hot sauce. Pour over cooked wings. Serve with blue cheese and celery sticks.

I went to school in Albany and there was a local bar that made Buffalo wings so spicy that they made your lips turn white.

I agree -- you need to go to Buffalo (or at least upstate New York) to get good wings!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter