Recent trading of Sedesma Pins?

Propins are official Disney pins. They have paid a fee to Disney in order to manufacture the pins and I am sure that Disney has deposited the check so you should certainly not feel bad about buying and trading these pins.

Mike

I have just returned from WDW I was there from 9/8 - 9/12. I was at all four parks including Downtown disney plus I attended Happiest pin celebration on earth and I'm happy to report Sedesma pin were almost non-extant on CM lanyards, however here's the bad news the blight that is the 2000 ribbon dancer pin has infested most if not all CM lanyards. There is silver lining in this dark cloud of 2000 pins I was told by several CM's that they purposely put on 2000 pins to prevent themselves from getting more and in the event that one gets traded away they have spares of them to put on.

At the pin event there were lots of people with ziplock baggies full of 2000 pins to put on the large pin boards. I asked one of the Managers what was done with the 2000 ribbon dancer pins and this is what I was told as the boards were refreshed the 2000 pins would be taken off and put aside for disposal :cheer2: :cool1: . I can only hope in the next few months they will be gone.

Swamp_Fox

It only seemed like every time I got a red apple, clam or golden purse I pulled out a 2000 pin. It was really annoying. And we did not bring one with us to HPCOE. I must have pulled 10 out of the mystery pin trading!

You know, I kind of have to LOL when I hear all this talk about the 2000 pin, b/c I was looking at the infamous "lot of 100 year 2000 pins" on eBay and my DS says....."Ooooh mommy, those pins are soooo nice. Are you buying them?" I had to explain to him that I am quite certain he will find SOMEONE at the parks to trade with for this pin. I told him how flooded the CM's are with these pins. ROTFLMBO because now he can't wait to go and trade for one.

Jennifer. :flower:

Kids !!
What can you do with them, I really think they are pretty pins it is just they are everywhere.

Nikki

How can you tell the difference between the "real pins" and the sedesma?

annie1995 said:
How can you tell the difference between the "real pins" and the sedesma?
Sedesma pins will say (C) Disney / Sedesma S.A. on the back. Some people would consider Sedesma pins "real pins" since they are licensed by Disney. However, what makes the Sedesma pins undesirable are their quality and how common they are.

Sedesma pins are made of a lower quality metal than the pins found in the parks. The metal is usually black and and has a softer feel than pins produced today. (Note: Some pins from DL a few years ago were produced with the metal black, but these are of the same quality as the park pins of recent years.)

Also, if you look at this image of pinpics #1887 --
pin1887

-- see how the face doesn't appear flush, but instead recessed? This is common among the Sedesma pins.

Also, the Sedesma pins are commonly used as cheap traders. They got a bad rap years ago when some traders would hit the parks early in the morning with dozens of these pins that they bought off eBay for around $1 to $2 a pin, and trade them onto CM lanyards. That would leave slim pickings for any traders that came behind them. The rules have changed some, and I don't think it's as bad as it once was. I could be wrong on that, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter