Recent trading of Sedesma Pins?

I just got back from DW & those 2000 pins are EVERYWHERE. I wish I was exaggerating. Just about every single CM had 1, if not 2, of these 2000 pins on their lanyard. I even saw one CM at a shop with one of the cork boards filled with the 2000 pins. I guess they were trying to get some of them out of circulation. I'm just real glad I didn't buy any of these when I was thinking about it a few months back.

IStoleMyKidsPins said:
I just got back from DW & those 2000 pins are EVERYWHERE. I wish I was exaggerating. Just about every single CM had 1, if not 2, of these 2000 pins on their lanyard. I even saw one CM at a shop with one of the cork boards filled with the 2000 pins. I guess they were trying to get some of them out of circulation. I'm just real glad I didn't buy any of these when I was thinking about it a few months back.

Well, that is just great! My mom,in her one and only ebay purchase ever, bought my kids 100 of those. We have provided pins for her and everyone else, and she wanted to do something nice for us! I suspect that I will have them forever! :rolleyes:

Sedesma pins are metal not plastic. They are just an inferior metal and thinner than more traditional pins. I agree they seem cheap and the artwork is sometimes lacking but according to the rules they are still fully tradeable. I have been refused a trade from a CM when I tried to trade a Sedesma but I didn't push it. In the parks you see hundreds of CMs with lanyards a day and I'm sure you'll find someone to trade. That being said, I haven't intentionally bought any Sedesma pins in a couple of years.

Actually, yes they are a metal called Zamack and they are fully tradeable in my two trips to trade I have only been rejected twice, one per trip. If theres a pin u really want and u only have the sedesma, push it and ask for a manager cuz according to the rules, the pins are fully tradeable. That being said, I dont think youll have a problem trading off your 100 pins that you got. Just ask everyone you see and beofre you know it, they are gone.

What's wrong with 2000 pins?

Nothing except that they are as common as a stormtrooper at a Star Wars convention. The rules state that a CM can not trade for a pin they already have on their lanyard. Many CMs have those pins (pinpics.com #s 1 and 2) on their lanyards, so someone with multiples of them to trade with CMs will have difficulty.

We've been here for a little over 2 days, and got rid of around 30 2000 pins. Many (most) CMs had a 2000 pin on their lanyards, but many did not. They are extremely common and you may have some difficulty. We did not. We got rid of a ton today at AK.

Thanks NJBlackBerry for that info. We are going next month and I have a bunch of them to get rid of. Glad to know that there's still hope for trading them away. :cool1: :cool1:

We spent Labor Day Weekend at WDW. I'd say easily 90% of lanyards had the 2000 pin on it. Last Thursday we saw an old man at AK with a 1 gallon zip lock bag filled with 2000 pins. Even the outlet store CM's had the 2000 pin on their lanyard. It use to be the Disney Store pins were everywhere, but they no longer are. Now it's the 2000 pin.

I have a question regarding pin trading. I've been lurking around ebay and I've noticed that some are selling new pins on the original cardboard ("official" pins) for less than I know they sell for in the parks. They're not making any money of the pins if they sell them that way. Are they buying them on clearance or something? One poster mentioned the outlet. Is that where you can get cheaper pins? Just curious, b/c we're going next summer with 7 kids in tow...and you know they'll want to trade pins, lol. I'd love to get some on the cheap for them to have as trades.
TIA!
Jennifer. :flower:

deadhedjen said:
I have a question regarding pin trading. I've been lurking around ebay and I've noticed that some are selling new pins on the original cardboard ("official" pins) for less than I know they sell for in the parks. They're not making any money of the pins if they sell them that way. Are they buying them on clearance or something? One poster mentioned the outlet. Is that where you can get cheaper pins? Just curious, b/c we're going next summer with 7 kids in tow...and you know they'll want to trade pins, lol. I'd love to get some on the cheap for them to have as trades.
TIA!
Jennifer. :flower:

Sometimes the pins are sold at a discount at the outlets. Occasionally Disney Direct will have sales on the Disney Auction pins. Sometimes the pins are purchased by CM at a discount (sometimes as low as $1/pin) and sold by them. They are not suppose to do this and it's my understanding that they could lose their job for doing this.

Thanks for the info, now I just have to ask...where is this outlet, lol. I'll be doing a grocery store run our first day at Disney and I would love to be able to swing in the outlet center to pick up some pins if they could be purchased at a discount.
TIA!
Jennifer. :sunny:

I hope you have better luck at the outlets than we had. We were there the first week of August and went to Character Premier and Character Warehouse at the old Belz mall at the end of International Drive. The pins there were the same price as they were in the parks. Maybe that was because we were there during peak season. Good luck and have a great trip!

We went to the one outlet store at Buena vista Outlets on Vineland road last Sunday. They did not have ANY pins at a discount. In July, we got auction pins for $5.99 and rack pins for $3.99.

hockey mom said:
My kids can tell a Sedesma pin just by looking at it now. We don't bring them as traders because we do not want to recieve them as traders.

DITTO!

IMO, How LAME to bring a huge bag of the same cheap pins to spread like a plague through the parks.

Sorry for the flame.

do al ot of people trade propins... I am brand new and trying to figure all this out.. that I read.. I have a little princess that would love to get in on this... we can't afford a bunch for her.. I am thinking like 3-5 when we get there at the most.. I would love to hear the details.

Thanks.

sch17@bellsouth.net

Vickie46 said:
do al ot of people trade propins... I am brand new and trying to figure all this out.. that I read.. I have a little princess that would love to get in on this... we can't afford a bunch for her.. I am thinking like 3-5 when we get there at the most.. I would love to hear the details.

Thanks.

sch17@bellsouth.net

I'd like to know about propins too. I checked out the site, and quite honestly I think the pins don't look all that great. JMHO. Do people really trade with these??

Jennifer :cheer2:

Another comment about the dreaded 2000 pins . . .

I bought 30 of them on ebay, thinking they were good as traders, not having any clue about the fact that they are everywhere! Since buying them, I've spent 2 days at DL and 2 days at DLRP, and I've still got 10 or 12 left, despite trading every single time I could (ie, trade a 2000 pin for anything else[.B] on the rare occasion I spot a CM lanyard without one). I was especially amused/surprised/irritated to see them on almost every CM lanyard in Paris, for crying out loud! I guess I was hoping the epidemic was only on our side of the Atlantic.

Maybe I'll try to hit the Disney Store on 5th Avenue in NYC sometime soon, seeing as its one of the few Disney Stores with pin trading; maybe the plague hasn't got there yet, and I can help spread it by getting rid of a few more of these darn things? (I'm being silly, and I have of course learned my lesson -- no need to flame me!)

As for the Sedesma pins . . . DS9 has traded for a few, and he loves them because he loves the character on them. I don't care for them because I don't like the quality. But hey, to each his own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter