Rebels are back in 2012

I'm having breakfast at Olivia's. French toast to carb load(plus it sounded good).
Hoping to meet Katie and Steve at the DISmeet.
New mobile site is a lot more usable.

I met Steve in the infield before the race.
Had a great run, many of the issues. They had in the past were fixed.
After party was fun, just walked on to Soaring.

Im back from the W&D and it was a fun race. I finished in 2:45 and I still had some left in the tanks. Hopefully thats a good sign for the goofy in january.

Mike: it was nice meeting you and your wife before the race. I hope she got her sangria.

To keep motivation for training up, im going to try to post on here atleast once a week until marathon weekend. I downloaded the DISboards app, which is way more convienent for me. I very rarely sit down at my computer. Hopefully everyone else can use it a source of motivation too.

Also, can anyone tell me the name of the WISH facebook group? I couldnt find it with the mobile app.

Thanks

I am trying to use the app as well. It is harder to type, but more convenient.

The group on Facebook is Disboards WISH team.

Today is my last recovery day from the W&D. Hopefully I can get up early tomorrow morning and knockout a quick 5-miler. Crazy to think WDW marathon weekend is only two months away.

Well, it took me three tries but I finally got up early enough to do a 5 mile run before work. Also started experimenting with different flavors of Gu to see what sits well with me.

Just finished an 8 miler and it went pretty well. Icing my legs now to prepare for 15 miles tomorrow. Also, it feels like mt second pair of shoes is starting to go bad. Good thing I ordered two more last week. Hope everyone's training is going well.

Just finished a 15 miler. I didnt think yesterdays 8 miler took that much out of me, but I felt it today. I started having knee issues around mile 9. So I reversed my intervals (2 min walk 1 min run) and widened my stride a little to change up the pressure on my knee. That was enough to carry me through.

Whats up everyone. Tried to do a 17 miler yesterday, but quit after mile 11 due to some knee pain. It wasnt bad, but I didnt want it to get worse. My next long run is next saturday so hopefully I can run the whole thing.

Steve, Manda, and everyone else. Sorry for the absence. Work was crazy as soon as I got back from W&D.
Steve, hope your knee is better.
Looking forward to meeting some more people att Marathon weekend.
Cut my last long run a little short. It was 40 degrees and started raining about mile 13. Was not in the forecast and I was not dressed for it.

Everyone should enjoy their tapers.

Mike

Merry Christmas a little late. I did my 20 miler on christmas and it went great. Very little soreness the next day and the knee did fine. I think im actually prepared for goofy.

Alright Rebels. This weekend is the main event. Its the Super Bowl equivalent for Disney runners. Im so excited I end up spending most of my work day planning out my time in Florida. Hopefully ill see some of you down there.

My Goofy aspirations have been fulfilled. Its was an experience, but I think im sticking half marathons from here on out.

Mike - sorry I missed you and Rose this time around. Hope your weekend was awesome.

Finally got around to posting after completing the Marathon.

Saw Steve in the airport security line at MCO!

Post your race calendars for 2013 and I'll update the first page.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter