Questions about Add-On Incentives

Thyr77

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I have a few questions regarding Add-On Incentives.
I not a current owner. I have been reading a lot about DVC and I am very interested.

I was mainly interested in resale due to the price per point difference (I like CC or BLT), but the current incentives are very attractive, plus, I read that a direct purchase can be paid with Credit Card.
There is also a difference in incentives between new member and current members.

If I wanted to buy direct with current member incentives (If I buy direct, it would be in Riviera),

1. Could I buy a small resale contract first in another resort to become member and have access to the current member incentives?
2. Does a current member need a minimum number of points to access the incentives?
3. Is there a minimum time that one needs to own to access the incentives?
4. How significant is the difference between new member and current member incentives for purchases above 500 points? Maybe the process of purchasing resale first is not worth it.

Thank you in advance

The smallest contract a new owner can buy is 100 points if starting direct, if you decided you want to buy a resale contract first, you would then be eligible for member pricing once that contract closes.

The incentives change for different levels and do get better thr more points you buy.

This site has a list of incentives for both new and current owners.

https://dvcnews.com/

Hello all!

I not a current owner. I have been reading a lot about DVC and I am very interested.

I was mainly interested in resale due to the price per point difference (I like CC or BLT), but the current incentives are very attractive, plus, I read that a direct purchase can be paid with Credit Card.
There is also a difference in incentives between new member and current members.

If I wanted to buy direct with current member incentives (If I buy direct, it would be in Riviera),

1. Could I buy a small resale contract first in another resort to become member and have access to the current member incentives?
2. Does a current member need a minimum number of points to access the incentives?
4. How significant is the difference between new member and current member incentives for purchases above 500 points? Maybe the process of purchasing resale first is not worth it.

Thank you in advance

Yes. Use Year choice will be important because DVC will match your resale contract. Assume 60-days from offer to points loaded on the DVC site, but it could be faster.

No

No. I have read about people getting member add-on pricing after passing ROFR but before having an official member ID. So they technically got their direct points before their resale points….YMMV.

It can be substantial, but it depends on the resorts.

I would check out the link to the article on dvcnews that Sandi included above or DVCFan.com

Hello all!

Yep, lots of people do this!
Nope, I believe even a small 25pt resale will get you access to member incentives as you’re officially a member. Even though resale is somewhat restricted and doesn’t have certain perks, current member incentives is still available to all members.
I don’t believe so. Same as above: a member is a member in this instance, doesn’t matter how long you’ve been one.

Thank you in advance
Current member incentives are $4/pt better than new member incentives. The welcome home offer is also better by $500-$1000 depending on how many points.

Definitely have a guide walk you through some of this and if you are US-based and get a June or later UY (as of this month) you should be eligible for Magical Beginnings (not sure if that’s only for current members or all members actually) which allows you to sell back the first years points back to Disney for $20/pt, further lowering your buy-in, which with 500 points that’s not a small amount.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...reamlines-improves-incentives-for-spring-2024

Great info above. Two quick additional notes - currently, you are likely looking at around 35-60 days from offer to closing on a Resale Contract. Your deposit, traditionally 10% but negotiable, becomes non refundable after 10 days. Also, it appears the current "add-on" discounts start at the 100 point minimum add-on (once a Member, you can usually add on fewer points (minimum vary by resort), but there is no huge discount).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter