Question on AP and unlimited express pass

DisneyDreamer04

Mouseketeer
Maybe someone can help.. I’ve looked and can’t find what i need answered. So… we have never had an annual pass before to any theme park. Pretty excited and crunching numbers on which ones i want to purchase. I have looked at all the tiers, and I have a quick question. If I have an annual pass (any tier), and I go and book a premier hotel do I still get the unlimited express passes to use? Or are they only for people who have bought actual dated tickets? Also, does everyone in my party/family have to have the same tier?
Thank you so much for y’all’s help, in advance. :)

Everyone staying in the premier hotel gets express passes starting on the day you check in and includes the day you check out. It doesn't matter if you have an AP or a one day pass. It also doesn't matter which AP you have. You don't have to have the same tier. We have one person with the higher tier to get the free parking and dining/ shopping discounts. The rest of us have the lowest tier.

HUGE THANK YOU! I have been googling to find out, and while I could have waited till morning to talk to their customer service, I was really hoping to have an answer tonight.
So, If I buy AP’s, I can get three months tagged on the end, and my pass doesn’t start the clock ticking until I use it? :cool1:

Everyone staying in the premier hotel gets express passes starting on the day you check in and includes the day you check out. It doesn't matter if you have an AP or a one day pass. It also doesn't matter which AP you have. You don't have to have the same tier. We have one person with the higher tier to get the free parking and dining/ shopping discounts. The rest of us have the lowest tier.
I’m confused when reading the website. So an annual pass gets you a ticket to the parks for free all year long?? Then it’s cheaper to buy everyone an annual pass if you are staying for five days then right? Then why on the website does it say 15% discount for park tickets with your pass if it already includes admission?

Is that an offer for the AP holder to get a discount if they need to buy ticket for a visiting friend or family?
Dont forget the premium AP offers after 4:00 express line . I’m sure that will change but it is still included, I think.
Going this weekend for Mardi Gras and SuperBowl Sunday I’ll check the after 4:00 line ….
Go Kansas City Chiefs!

The discount for multi-day park tickets with your annual pass would be if you as an Annual Passholder wanted to take a friend/relative for a visit (e.g., couple-three days) or something like that where the visitor wouldn't want/need an AP for whatever reason - they must be purchased at the gate.

I’m confused when reading the website. So an annual pass gets you a ticket to the parks for free all year long?? Then it’s cheaper to buy everyone an annual pass if you are staying for five days then right? Then why on the website does it say 15% discount for park tickets with your pass if it already includes admission?
Yes, it would be if you were bringing a guest. It may also be a useful strategy if you didn't need to go all year long but it was cheaper to buy 1 annual pass and then use the AP discount to buy the rest of the family the discounted park tickets.

Also, if you are going during Mardi Gras, be aware that certain annual passes block you out of Universal after 4 or 5pm on concert days, unless you have a higher tier pass.

Also, if you are going during Mardi Gras, be aware that certain annual passes block you out of Universal after 4 or 5pm on concert days, unless you have a higher tier pass.
You are blocked out of the Universal Studios side only all day on concert dates, with the Seasonal AP.

You can look at and book the AP rate before you have an AP in hand also. You just need to have your AP once you actually stay at the hotel to keep the AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter