Question about Polynesian Room Size

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
I know I keep asking alot of questions, but everyone on these boards is so good at giving answers.

We stayed in Tokelau in Dec. and I was very impressed by the size of the rooms. Our family of 5 actually had room to move around! For our Nov. trip we have decided to stay concierge which is in the Hawaii bldg. I know the rooms are smaller but I don't know how much smaller. We really want to try concierge this trip but will we miss the extra space? Is there a daybed in the rooms in Hawaii?

Thanks to all of your who keep answering my silly questions.

My family went last year in the hawaii building, pretty comfy for five, 2 doubles and a daybed. You should be alright.

we have stayed in both tahiti and hawaii . To be honest with you i could see no difference in room size. It must only be a couple of ft L and W . or maybe it is in the bathroom cause I just don't recall it being any larger in tahiti than hawaii. Tahiti was one of the larger room longhouses. Like the others said you will be fine. There is no dramatic difference. Go and enjoy concierge!!:)

As with everything different opinions for the same questions. Yes the rooms in Hawaii are spacious, but they are not as spacious as Tokelau. The difference is the distance from the foot of the beds to the daybed and TV. You have more room there in Tokelau as the rooms are wider. The length is probably the same.

Also there is a good bit of difference in the hallways being larger in Tokelau which makes the rooms quieter.

There is a daybed in all the rooms.

If you feel crowded you will have the luxury of sitting in the lounge.

Originally posted by Lisa3
I know I keep asking alot of questions, but everyone on these boards is so good at giving answers.

We stayed in Tokelau in Dec. and I was very impressed by the size of the rooms. Our family of 5 actually had room to move around! For our Nov. trip we have decided to stay concierge which is in the Hawaii bldg. I know the rooms are smaller but I don't know how much smaller. We really want to try concierge this trip but will we miss the extra space? Is there a daybed in the rooms in Hawaii?

Thanks to all of your who keep answering my silly questions.

Just remember, the only "silly question" is the one not asked... ;)

If memory serves, concierge has been moved to Tahiti due to the refurbishment of the Hawaii building. You might want to check the dates for this.

Darian

Hi Lisa3

According to Tikiman's website Tokelau rooms are 452 sq ft and Hawaii are 386 sq ft......

Take from that what you will

No matter what you are going to have a ball, and that countdown will disappear in no time.. (it'd better I've longer to go than you!!)

TAke Care

Disney Daft Mum

VAl

Our room in Tokelau only had 1 sink. And it was HUGE!! I'd stay in that building again in a heartbeat, but I'd still choose Hawaii if it was in the budget. :)

Now that you mention it, there was only one sink in our room at Tokelau also, but the vanity space was quite large. I know staying concierge will more than make up for the lack of 2 feet in the room. Thanks to you all for your responses.

There are a few rooms in Tokelau that have two sinks. These rooms were test rooms to see what layout they liked for when the built Tahiti and Rapa Nui.

As Disney daft dad said the difference in the room is 452 sq-ft vs 386 sq-ft. The difference is in the width of the room by 2’ 4”. Remember even the smaller of the two rooms is one of the largest on property. Even bigger than a standard GF room.

Aloha

Steve

Originally posted by Tikiman
As Disney daft dad said the difference in the room is 452 sq-ft vs 386 sq-ft. The difference is in the width of the room by 2’ 4”. Remember even the smaller of the two rooms is one of the largest on property. Even bigger than a standard GF room.

Officially, the GF's standard rooms range in size from 400-440 square feet. :)

DNSDisney- When you stayed in Tahiti, did you have GV or LV, smoking or non ? I am trying to get a nice non-smoking room!!

Anyone know what size the Tahiti rooms are? It would be interesting to see how they compare to Hawaii and Tokelau. If someone has already posted the tahiti room size, my apologies as I seem to have missed it.

Thanks!

Darian

Tahiti, Rapa Nui and Tokelau all have the 452 sq-ft room. Tahiti is back to non-smoking in all rooms like it was befor February. They are going to contact me and let me know what will be done when concierge moves over to Tahiti.

Aloha

Steve

Tikiman -

Do you know when the move will be made? We have reservations for Poly concierge lagoon view Oct 21-31st so hopefully all will be settled by then....

Darian

They plan on it being done the 2nd week of October but that could change and I am sure it will as it did with every other building they worked on.

Originally posted by Nysie
DNSDisney- When you stayed in Tahiti, did you have GV or LV, smoking or non ? I am trying to get a nice non-smoking room!!

Our first stay in Tahiti was in 96, we were on the 3rd fl LV I don't recall the room # but it was only about 5 doors from the end closest to the Tokelau building (meaning furtherest from TTC) . I had not started back my nasty habit at that time so yes it was non smoking. BTW the view is better in Tahiti I think. I recall being able to see the entire view from our balcony, the castle, the contemp, the ferry, and the GF. I honestly would rather stay in Hawaii though, I like the feeling of being close to everything. In Tahiti it is more like you are isolated from the busiest part of the resort.
This summer we are staying GV and I am concerned we will hate the view having always had LV. There is just no way in our budget to spend the extra $$ for LV this yr. I guess we are forgoing LV for our DN to come with us. Good trade I think. She has never been to disney (she is 11yrs old) so it should be a very special trip with or without the fabulous LV! I am still praying for some pixie dust to come our way though;)

DNSDisney, we are doing the same thing this summer. I really wanted to do LV concierge especially since the lounge will not have the view that it did from the Hawaii building but we are also taking our 11 year old niece with us. It will be expensive enough as it is and I could not justify another extra hundred dollars per night...but I am afraid that I will be disappointed with the GV. Oh well, when I miss the LV I can just look at my niece and reassure myself that we made the right decision!;)

The food area of the concierge lounge in Tahiti will be in two lagoon view rooms so you will have the view similar to the view from Hawaii. Infact the island does not block the MK from Tahiti like it does in Hawaii.

Aloha

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter