Question about Hotelkingdom $100 cash timeshare tour?

compmom

Mouseketeer
I remember there were some posts about this last month.

Wondering if you got the 100.00 in cash right after the presentation or did you have to mail in the completed and validated coupon to Hotelkingdom as requested on the sign-up confirmation email they sent?

When they send you the email it has a doc. attachment which is the required form to be filled out and sent back. Seems like a big hassle to sit through their sales pitch and then have to mail in your request. I want immediate gratification....

Anybody care to share an experience or comment, please feel free to.

TIA,

Tina

we stayed at VV through a HK booking in January for 10 nights. We did not arrange a ts tour when we booked through HK. We just thought we would wait and see how the trip unfolded. As it turned out we decided to do the tour with no intentions of buying, we arranged the trip through the resort later in our trip and received 2 $50 bills for talking to a representative for about an hour and 10 minutes including the time for a complimentary continental breakfast. Easiest $100 that we ever made.

tina......we just signed up for this timeshare tour thru hotelkingdom.com too. they are mailing me the info tho not sending it email. i didnt know you receive your 100 hundred later. i hate the paperwork stuff. i am thinking it maybe easier to do what baileybrad did and cancel the tour thru hotelkingdom.

baileybrad........if we bring our toddler with us will we get out any sooner?......we dont have to bring him......but if it would help us get outta there.......i'll do it.

debbie

we were at the resort in late January and did the presentation/tour first thing on a Saturday morning at 7:30 which was the earliest that you could book it. We have a 4 year old and a 22 month old. We got to the complimentary breakfast area, checked in and began our breakfast. Our salesperson came over and introduced himself as we were finishing up. We made some small talk while we were completing our breakfast. He was really just trying to feel us out as to our ts experience and knowledge. We told him that while we more than interested in finding out what Starwood's program entailed, we would not be buying. We are DVC owners with HH as our home resort. We had explained to the "booking person" that while we were very impressed with VV and would encourage our friends to give it a look, that while we were interested in the tour, we would not be buying. She had no problem with that. So getting back to our experience. Our salesman suggested that we sign in the 4 year old into the secure "play area". We headed around the corner to do so, when he saw that there were no other kids in there, he suggested that we just sit down in the kid's area at a table while both of our boys played with the toys. That is what we did and it worked out fine. He did say that it would not be possible to do this during the busier tour times. We were out the door by 8:45 am and to MGM by 9:00 am for opening.

thanks baileybrad...... we have signed up for the 730 slot thru hotelkingdom. i am going to cancel this and just wing it.....and get our money without the paper work, if we decide to do this while there.
thanks for the details on the process with the kids along.

debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter