PTR - SF, NY & WDW Oct/Nov

Don't think I will dress up but my husband might. I plan to buy princess dresses for my girls so they will probably wear them. My parents will be with us (don't think they will dress up!).

Do you know what you are going as?

I can't wait to see all the outrageous costumes!

I saw some NASA suits, thought they would be good depending how hot it is.

I wasnt able to link my new reservation to my disney account so I rang up spent 25 minutes on the phone to find out that the lady that made the reservation had spelt my surname incorrect!!! So I just spent $$$$ on their mistake!

Got free dining!!

I have had to book it as 2 separate bookings, 27th-29th & 29th- 4th November with free dining & 6 day water park & more option. Only problem is it reduces our park days. It's not too bad cause on 28th we have MNSSHP so we can get into park at 4pm anyway - gives us another day to shop!! Woohoo!

Now I'm off to bed!

Congrats!!

You do know that with your 6 day ticket plus water park option that you have enough to cover your entire stay for entry into to be split between 6 park days and 3 'other' (water park, minigolf, Disney Quest) entries?
And apologies if you already know this....but.....

I will say that this is based on the assumptions that:
1. When you link your accommodation and tickets to your MDE that the system recognises your stay for 27 Oct - 4 November.
2. You will be able to use your Magic Bands for park entry from the 27th Oct.

So, if you claim you first day in a park on the 27th October, you should have 14 days to use up all your ticket benefits.
Your ticket will only let you enter either MK, Ep, AK or DHS on 6 days. But your ticket will let you enter the water parks, mini golf and Disney Quest for 6 times. These can be on the same day as a park day; or they can be done on separate days to park days. You can also stack your entries into the WPF&M locations on the same day; providing you don't exceed 6 times.

You could decide to do a mini golf experience on the morning of your MNSSHP and then head to MK on that day.

You could also hit the water parks on 2 of your non-park days to cover your time at WDW.

So, you may be able to play around with the various combinations of days starting from the 27th and build in the days for you to enjoy the WPF&M options of your ticket; without having to wait for the 29th to come round.

I would probably head to the Theme Parks Attraction and Strategies park of the boards to ask the question about whether you can start your ticket earlier/from the day you arrive.

One other thing. I was rather nervous about my MNSSHP ticket being stacked on my MDE with my park tickets last year. In my case, the CM at the resorts cannot see tickets stacked in this way; so if you ask them to check your ticket status, they may not see the MNSSHP listed on their system. The CM at the PARK can see the ticket stacked. I asked how this could be the case.....seems like Disney has two separate systems for the new MDE. One for the parks; and one for the resorts. Go figure! :confused3

Congrats again.

Congrats!!

You do know that with your 6 day ticket plus water park option that you have enough to cover your entire stay for entry into to be split between 6 park days and 3 'other' (water park, minigolf, Disney Quest) entries?
And apologies if you already know this....but.....

I will say that this is based on the assumptions that:
1. When you link your accommodation and tickets to your MDE that the system recognises your stay for 27 Oct - 4 November.
2. You will be able to use your Magic Bands for park entry from the 27th Oct.

So, if you claim you first day in a park on the 27th October, you should have 14 days to use up all your ticket benefits.
Your ticket will only let you enter either MK, Ep, AK or DHS on 6 days. But your ticket will let you enter the water parks, mini golf and Disney Quest for 6 times. These can be on the same day as a park day; or they can be done on separate days to park days. You can also stack your entries into the WPF&M locations on the same day; providing you don't exceed 6 times.

You could decide to do a mini golf experience on the morning of your MNSSHP and then head to MK on that day.

You could also hit the water parks on 2 of your non-park days to cover your time at WDW.

So, you may be able to play around with the various combinations of days starting from the 27th and build in the days for you to enjoy the WPF&M options of your ticket; without having to wait for the 29th to come round.

I would probably head to the Theme Parks Attraction and Strategies park of the boards to ask the question about whether you can start your ticket earlier/from the day you arrive.

One other thing. I was rather nervous about my MNSSHP ticket being stacked on my MDE with my park tickets last year. In my case, the CM at the resorts cannot see tickets stacked in this way; so if you ask them to check your ticket status, they may not see the MNSSHP listed on their system. The CM at the PARK can see the ticket stacked. I asked how this could be the case.....seems like Disney has two separate systems for the new MDE. One for the parks; and one for the resorts. Go figure! :confused3

Congrats again.

Thanks PIO, no I have no idea how the water park and more tickets work. the CM I spoke to when changing my booking said that I could not use them before the 29th (which is the start of the 2nd booking).

But I could use it from our first reservation on the 28th? So the water park and more side of things works as 6 separate days, so we could go to MK etc... and then also go to a water park or disney quest?

And we could start using it as soon as we are checked into CSR? Probably doesn't matter anyway as I have now allocated the 2nd day to shopping (first night we get in at 9.45pm so that is gone, I thought I would give us a whole day longer in NY), then we will go to MK at 4pm for MNSSHP.

I selected to pick up tickets from disneyworld as I kept getting an error every time I tried to print the tickets. I printed out my invoice.

Sorry for all the questions, this disneyworld trip is a mammoth undertaking!!

Thanks PIO, no I have no idea how the water park and more tickets work. the CM I spoke to when changing my booking said that I could not use them before the 29th (which is the start of the 2nd booking).

With the legacy system, people used to pick up tickets early and they could use them. I'm not so sure about the new system and the MB. If the CM said you couldn't use them for the 1st booking, that may well be the case. But I would recommend you check out the TPAS section of the board and see if someone else has a different experience.

But I could use it from our first reservation on the 28th? So the water park and more side of things works as 6 separate days, so we could go to MK etc... and then also go to a water park or disney quest?

And we could start using it as soon as we are checked into CSR? Probably doesn't matter anyway as I have now allocated the 2nd day to shopping (first night we get in at 9.45pm so that is gone, I thought I would give us a whole day longer in NY), then we will go to MK at 4pm for MNSSHP.

I selected to pick up tickets from disneyworld as I kept getting an error every time I tried to print the tickets. I printed out my invoice.

Sorry for all the questions, this disneyworld trip is a mammoth undertaking!!

That's what I would ask on the TPAS section of the board. I know you said the CM said you couldn't use it til the 29th, which is when your second ressie starts. It just depends on whether the new system has been set up with the hard block in place. Someone on that board should have experienced this and worked it the situation.

Your WPF&M is based on 6 times or entries; not days. If you choose to do a water park, go to Disney Quest and then hit the mini golf in the one day, that counts as 3 entries.

You could also choose to go to a major park and one of the WPF&M options in the same day. That would count as 1 park day and one entry.

Firstly, congrats on getting the free dining.

It's a shame you had to split up your dates and book two separate packages, as I'm guessing that meant you also had to pay more and buy 2 sets of tickets. This may be why the CM has told you that you can't use the second lot of tickets until the second check-in date?

Keep an eye on the bookings page just incase you can swap it out at some stage to one booking instead of two. From my understanding this will save you money and also guarantee that you get to keep the same room. If not, put a request on your booking to not be moved and hopefully they'll honour it.

As far as a breakfast ADR and a dinner ADR on the same day goes, I think that's fine. I had a couple of days like that, and with all the walking you do at WDW, I looked forward to the sit down meal breaks.

DH and I didn't dress up for Halloween, but my son had a Pirate's costume made by his grandma that complemented his Pirates League makeover.

I really feel the humidity, so decided that I didn't want to add to my discomfort by wearing a costume, plus I knew I would have no room in my suitcase to bring a costume home. If you do go down the costume route (and I can see how that would be fun) I recommend that you pre-plan something to wear that is very lightweight - both for wearing and packing.

Dabecs, while I saw some pretty cool costumes at MNSSHP, DH and I were completely blown away by the costumes adults brought onto the cruise. There was an adult dress up party in the atrium one night and DH and I stood up in the balcony for close to an hour admiring impressive costume after costume. I've never seen anything like it. If they have the same thing on your cruise, make sure you go and watch. Without having to worry about the temperature, these people go to town.

There is a way to collect package tickets early but requires a stop at one of the park guest services. Check the ticket FAQ sticky in the theme park board (I think that's where it is any way). The cast members on the phone don't always have accurate info unfortunately.

DH and I didn't dress up for Halloween, but my son had a Pirate's costume made by his grandma that complemented his Pirates League makeover. I really feel the humidity, so decided that I didn't want to add to my discomfort by wearing a costume, plus I knew I would have no room in my suitcase to bring a costume home. If you do go down the costume route (and I can see how that would be fun) I recommend that you pre-plan something to wear that is very lightweight - both for wearing and packing. Dabecs, while I saw some pretty cool costumes at MNSSHP, DH and I were completely blown away by the costumes adults brought onto the cruise. There was an adult dress up party in the atrium one night and DH and I stood up in the balcony for close to an hour admiring impressive costume after costume. I've never seen anything like it. If they have the same thing on your cruise, make sure you go and watch. Without having to worry about the temperature, these people go to town.

The heat and packing space are my two biggest reasons not to dress up too. Also want to be comfortable going on rides and walking around the park:)

If they have a dress up on the cruise I will definitely go for a sticky beak, love a bit of people watching:)

Firstly, congrats on getting the free dining.

It's a shame you had to split up your dates and book two separate packages, as I'm guessing that meant you also had to pay more and buy 2 sets of tickets. This may be why the CM has told you that you can't use the second lot of tickets until the second check-in date?

Keep an eye on the bookings page just incase you can swap it out at some stage to one booking instead of two. From my understanding this will save you money and also guarantee that you get to keep the same room. If not, put a request on your booking to not be moved and hopefully they'll honour it.

As far as a breakfast ADR and a dinner ADR on the same day goes, I think that's fine. I had a couple of days like that, and with all the walking you do at WDW, I looked forward to the sit down meal breaks.

Hi Wanderlust

with the first booking for the 2 nights I have not got any tickets, we arrive really late that night and the next night we have MNSSHP tickets so we can go to MK at 4pm. So it hasnt cost me any extra with the tickets.

Thanks for the tip about ringing back to see if I can make it one package I will keep an eye out for that. The CM made a note to keep me in the same room so we dont have to check out then back in, but she says its not guaranteed. Hopefully another room only package comes out and I can apply that to the 2 nights.

I ended up cancelling Coral Reef for that night and making it a night after we have been to one of the water parks.

Congrats on your perseverance and succeeding in nabbing FD.

Hijcking your thread we have MNSSHP for Oct 24-print at home tix so currently saved on my hard drive. I presume this means they don't get added to the Magic bands? Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the site to link but I haven't had time to fully play around on the website yet?

Hijcking your thread we have MNSSHP for Oct 24-print at home tix so currently saved on my hard drive. I presume this means they don't get added to the Magic bands? Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the site to link but I haven't had time to fully play around on the website yet?

Ive noticed on my dining plan that the CM put it as 2 adults, 2 children - does this mean my kids can only order kids meals? We are paying for 4 adults on all our tickets so shouldnt they be down as adults? They will want to eat the adult meals too.

Ive noticed on my dining plan that the CM put it as 2 adults, 2 children - does this mean my kids can only order kids meals? We are paying for 4 adults on all our tickets so shouldnt they be down as adults? They will want to eat the adult meals too.

I'm pretty sure it just says child because they're under 17 but they still have adult credits if they're 10 or older. Just Disney trying to confuse everyone.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year for you. I ordered my MNSSHP tix "will call" last year. Had an absolutely heart attack when I pitched up at concierge and was told that the tix had already been picked up. Concierge couldn't help me and I had to fix this at the MK Guest Relations on the day. Turned out that Disney, in their infinite wisdom, had decided to arbitrarily add my MNSSHP tix to my Magic Band. Concierge at the BCV couldn't see that ticket stacked on MDE but apparently MK Guest Relations could. :confused3

Last year, you had to get a separate entry card to get into the gates. Yes, it will be definitely interesting to see what happens this year.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year for you. I ordered my MNSSHP tix "will call" last year. Had an absolutely heart attack when I pitched up at concierge and was told that the tix had already been picked up. Concierge couldn't help me and I had to fix this at the MK Guest Relations on the day. Turned out that Disney, in their infinite wisdom, had decided to arbitrarily add my MNSSHP tix to my Magic Band. Concierge at the BCV couldn't see that ticket stacked on MDE but apparently MK Guest Relations could. :confused3 Last year, you had to get a separate entry card to get into the gates. Yes, it will be definitely interesting to see what happens this year.

That would have freaked me out! I am picking mine up 'will call' so I will have to remember they may have been auto added to my magic band...

I linked my MNSSHP tickets to My Disney Experience before leaving NZ. I just typed in the ticket number and they appeared.

However, I wish I hadn't. Apparently they caused some kind of glitch in the system which caused about 45min to sort out on our first park day. Thankfully we struck a really lovely guy in the ticket booth that day. He was so apologetic for keeping us waiting so long that he gave us a Fastpass to any attraction of our choice. We used it for Toy Story Mania.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter