PTR - Seaworld, DCL, WDW in October 2014

Ended up getting my younger daughter the bumble bee set as the eBay store I bought the penguin off had run out of stock and I wanted them for our Tassie trip. The girls (and all of the flight crews!) loved their bug sets, my eldest daughter even remarked how great they would have been for America. *evil laugh*

I have just booked our two post cruise nights at AoA (Little Mermaid Room) through My Travel Planner, who also booked our cruise. And the girls new passports arrived yesterday so everything feels like it's happening.

Our house sitters who stayed here the last time we went to the USA are coming back which makes me very happy. Our dog loved them and they kept the house really we'll and even did a lot of gardening.

7 months to go!

Good progress. :thumbsup2

Seems like you're under control. Great news about your house sitters.

I expect you'll wait a bit before requesting ESTAs for the girls?

Good progress. :thumbsup2 Seems like you're under control. Great news about your house sitters. I expect you'll wait a bit before requesting ESTAs for the girls?
All of us need new ESTAs, our current ones run out in August. I doubt we will be back in the USA within 2 years again so will get them one day soon when I have the time to sit down and do it:) It's a slow process because I will get my parents theirs as well, so need to type in 6 lots of info.. I've told the first few people about the trip, of course they all questioned going BACK to Disney but I expect that from people who haven't been;)

Edited - sick of my iPad changing well to we'll!

All of us need new ESTAs, our current ones run out in August. I doubt we will be back in the USA within 2 years again so will get them one day soon when I have the time to sit down and do it:) It's a slow process because I will get my parents theirs as well, so need to type in 6 lots of info.. I've told the first few people about the trip, of course they all questioned going BACK to Disney but I expect that from people who haven't been;)

Edited - sick of my iPad changing well to we'll!

I just tell people I'm meeting friends there. They stop asking when I say that.

And it IS true. I'm catching up with my friend Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pooh, Pluto, Tigger, King Louie, Baloo......;)

I just tell people I'm meeting friends there. They stop asking when I say that.

And it IS true. I'm catching up with my friend Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pooh, Pluto, Tigger, King Louie, Baloo......;)

Love it:rotfl:

I just sat down and did the two kids ESTA's tonight, approved straight away,mind you DS leaves in three weeks so about time I did it, they both needed new passports so was waiting for them to arrive. I can't be bothered getting up and walking to the study to get DH's and my passport, another day:laughing:

I just tell people I'm meeting friends there. They stop asking when I say that. And it IS true. I'm catching up with my friend Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pooh, Pluto, Tigger, King Louie, Baloo......;)

Good idea :thumbsup2

This thread is reminding me I need to get on to applying for our new passports. I can't even consider the ESTAs until I've done that.

I just tell people I'm meeting friends there. They stop asking when I say that. And it IS true. I'm catching up with my friend Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pooh, Pluto, Tigger, King Louie, Baloo......;)

Might try that one:) The worst part is I would probably have been the same before I went.. There are so many great places to see and go I would have thought it was silly to go to the same place twice but it truly was the best holiday I have ever had and I got to relax and enjoy it as much as the kids. That doesn't happen often..

Good idea :thumbsup2 This thread is reminding me I need to get on to applying for our new passports. I can't even consider the ESTAs until I've done that.

The fun parts like picking restaurants I start doing 18 months out, but boring bits like car hire, ESTAs and passports I leave till the very end. Must get done though!

The fun parts like picking restaurants I start doing 18 months out, but boring bits like car hire, ESTAs and passports I leave till the very end. Must get done though!

You sound like me. I can't wait to book hotels and attraction tickets, but the passports feel like a real chore.

With just over a month till our 180 mark I have spent this morning nutting out our days and dining:)

These are the restaurants so far:

Chef Mickey (breakfast) 1
Teppan Edo (dinner) 1
Tucker house (breakfast) 1
Raglan Rd (dinner) 1
HDDR 2
BOG (dinner) 1
Saana (dinner) 1
Akershus 1
Sci Fi (lunch) 1
Crystal Palace (breakfast) 1
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) 1
Biergarten (lunch) 1
Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch) 2

So that leaves 1 table service credit to use - the question is where?

The days we don't have restaurants for so far is 1 day at HS (family didn't enjoy Primetime and the menu/theming at Melrose don't grab me), a waterpark day, and our arrival and departure days. So I think HS would be our best bet, but don't want to 'settle'. So many of the Epcot places appeal to me, maybe we should have 2 sit down meals on one of those days...

We have 2 nights at AoA before my parents arrive, we will be paying oop for these meals, I'm thinking the AoA food court, Earl of Sandwich and then the day we check in to OKW we will go to Olivia's but don't want to use credits because my parents won't have arrived yet, and I don't want our credits to be out of step...

Any suggestions? It's a hard life when this is my biggest problem for the day:)

With just over a month till our 180 mark I have spent this morning nutting out our days and dining:)

These are the restaurants so far:

Chef Mickey (breakfast) 1
Teppan Edo (dinner) 1
Tucker house (breakfast) 1
Raglan Rd (dinner) 1
HDDR 2
BOG (dinner) 1
Saana (dinner) 1
Akershus 1
Sci Fi (lunch) 1
Crystal Palace (breakfast) 1
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) 1
Biergarten (lunch) 1
Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch) 2

So that leaves 1 table service credit to use - the question is where?

The days we don't have restaurants for so far is 1 day at HS (family didn't enjoy Primetime and the menu/theming at Melrose don't grab me), a waterpark day, and our arrival and departure days. So I think HS would be our best bet, but don't want to 'settle'. So many of the Epcot places appeal to me, maybe we should have 2 sit down meals on one of those days...

We have 2 nights at AoA before my parents arrive, we will be paying oop for these meals, I'm thinking the AoA food court, Earl of Sandwich and then the day we check in to OKW we will go to Olivia's but don't want to use credits because my parents won't have arrived yet, and I don't want our credits to be out of step...

Any suggestions? It's a hard life when this is my biggest problem for the day:)

I think it is a 2 credit restaurant; but Hollywood Brown Derby is the obvious choice at HS. Not that it's a hard pick; that's not my favourite park for food anyway. So, HBR is probably heads and shoulders ahead.

If not, the Spice Road at Morocco seems to be the flavour of the month right now. Otherwise I'd recommend Rose and Crown or Chefs de France.

What about Wolfgang Puck Express? Not too expensive and you could easily do that OOP.

I think it is a 2 credit restaurant; but Hollywood Brown Derby is the obvious choice at HS. Not that it's a hard pick; that's not my favourite park for food anyway. So, HBR is probably heads and shoulders ahead. If not, the Spice Road at Morocco seems to be the flavour of the month right now. Otherwise I'd recommend Rose and Crown or Chefs de France. What about Wolfgang Puck Express? Not too expensive and you could easily do that OOP.

Brown derby is a 2, and I don't think it would be worth that to us, I agree HS is not a great food park...

We haven't eaten at Spice Road, Rose and Crown or Chefs so any one of them would be something new:) Epcot has the best food by far in my opinion. I think maybe Chefs, my parents would really enjoy there I think. Thanks PiO for the (as usual) wise words!

Yay, what a great list of ADR's.

I think eating another meal at Epcot sounds like a great idea. Or perhaps do a bit of Resort hopping? Or Yak and Yeti at AK? I loved the food there and it was a great air-con reprieve from the heat of AK. AK was my favourite park but it was just so darn hot.

I'm envious. I loved being in your position last year planning my ADRs. Such fun. :)

Yay, what a great list of ADR's. I think eating another meal at Epcot sounds like a great idea. Or perhaps do a bit of Resort hopping? Or Yak and Yeti at AK? I loved the food there and it was a great air-con reprieve from the heat of AK. AK was my favourite park but it was just so darn hot. I'm envious. I loved being in your position last year planning my ADRs. Such fun. :)

It is fun, and I love that I have one extra credit to use and not that I am trying to cut a credit!

We also loved Y&Y but we want to try Saana and we all loved Tusker house so it is a must redo. Something had to give at AK and we decided it would be Y&Y...

So many great restaurants to choose from:)

Thanks for reading along Wanderlust, it's great having you and PiO to keep me company;)

It is fun, and I love that I have one extra credit to use and not that I am trying to cut a credit!

We also loved Y&Y but we want to try Saana and we all loved Tusker house so it is a must redo. Something had to give at AK and we decided it would be Y&Y...

So many great restaurants to choose from:)

Thanks for reading along Wanderlust, it's great having you and PiO to keep me company;)

You're doing me a favour. I have no trips planned this year and I get to live vicariously through your PTR. Besides, I get to help you spend your money. In the case of the former, it's almost as good as having my own trip to plan. In the case of the latter, I'm glad it's your hip pocket and not mine. :laughing:

Well I have just made the big announcement in Facebook! Of course we had told a few close friends but this means everyone now knows (and knows it's a surprise for the girls!).

Well I have just made the big announcement in Facebook! Of course we had told a few close friends but this means everyone now knows (and knows it's a surprise for the girls!).

Congrats on letting the cat out of the FB bag. :thumbsup2

Hope you get to keep the surprise for the girls.

Congrats on letting the cat out of the FB bag. :thumbsup2 Hope you get to keep the surprise for the girls.

We did the same last trip and were lucky enough that no one let slip! In a way putting it up on Facebook that it is a secret means no one can do the "oh I didn't know it was a surprise" trick.

We did the same last trip and were lucky enough that no one let slip! In a way putting it up on Facebook that it is a secret means no one can do the "oh I didn't know it was a surprise" trick.

Oooh! What a cunning plan. Perhaps you need to put a disclaimer in that post where if anyone lets the cat out of the bag, they have to buy you new airline tix. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter