PTR - Seaworld, DCL, WDW in October 2014

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a group of 6. Unfortunately I don't think there were many (if any) tables this large right next to the window in Sanaa. I'm pretty sure there were some bigger ones though with views of the window.

Another reason for getting there early is that there is still plenty of daylight and the animals were very active. I wondered if they fed them near Sanaa right before the restaurant opened. There were animals everywhere we looked.

As for CP, my son isn't a big Pooh fan either. When I first asked him if he wanted breakfast with Pooh etc, he said 'no'. However, I'd read so many good things about early entry that I booked it anyway. So pleased I did, I love all the pics I got of an empty Castle area. There was such a pleasant atmosphere in the park at that time of the morning. Had I not got an early booking, we probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as we did. Plus, we finished breakfast pretty much right on park opening, so still managed to enjoy some attractions while the crowds were low.
We also did Donald's Safari Breakfast and thought it was great, but we preferred CP.

Plus the sky is lovely that time of the morning :thumbsup2

Those photos would make it worth it if breakfast was cold toast! Just gorgeous:)

Yes the booking of tables for 6 (my parents are joining us again fir the WDW part) is a bit trickier. It seems the best tables are usually for 4. Although it meant we took up a whole 'car' at Sci Fi!

Love <3 the empty castle shots, the Mickey waffles - yep I'm hooked! So what is the earliest ADR you can make for CP?

I rang up at the 180 + 10 day period; instead of using the website. The earliest I could get was 8.20 am. Given the state the room was in, I'm guessing that the earliest sitting was 8 am on that particular day.

Love <3 the empty castle shots, the Mickey waffles - yep I'm hooked! So what is the earliest ADR you can make for CP?

I didn't book CP at the 180 +10 mark as it wasn't part of my initial plans.
At about 5 months I decided I wanted to eat there, and unsurprisingly all early breakfasts were booked. However, I checked regularly and found an opening for a table of four. I booked it and then rang a few days later to cancel the fourth person. Luckily I was able to keep the same time.

Not that I am recommending you wait to book. I just thought it was worth mentioning incase you ever get stuck finding a table for six. Try searching 7 or 8 instead.

As for the time of my booking, I can't remember exactly when it was, but it was around 8:15. I thought this was perfect. They let us into MK at the same time as the people with 8am bookings, but unlike them, we had a little bit of free time to take pics and enjoy the ambience. At about 8:10 we checked in and we were seated within 5 minutes.
The whole meal took less than an hour, we saw all the characters, and never felt rushed.

Sold on CP, sold on the early morning, now sold on Breakfast lasagne! What would I do without you two:)

I might try for 8:15 then, if I can get it when I am booking. I'd love to have a chance just to stand outside the restaurant and enjoy that early morning quiet while looking at the castle. Heaven:)

Sold on CP, sold on the early morning, now sold on Breakfast lasagne! What would I do without you two:)

I might try for 8:15 then, if I can get it when I am booking. I'd love to have a chance just to stand outside the restaurant and enjoy that early morning quiet while looking at the castle. Heaven:)

Excellent.

Sold on CP, sold on the early morning, now sold on Breakfast lasagne! What would I do without you two:) I might try for 8:15 then, if I can get it when I am booking. I'd love to have a chance just to stand outside the restaurant and enjoy that early morning quiet while looking at the castle. Heaven:)

:thumbsup2

Just make sure you don't book it on an EMH day. I can't remember when park hours are released, but I do remember studying park hours from the year before when I made my ADRs and day-to-day plans, and finding old park hours gave me a pretty good indication of what to expect.

Plus there is a media website where you can get access to park hours earlier than when they're released to the public. I'll try to remember what it was.

Here it is http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_Aug.pdf This is the one for August. 2014, but if every few days or so you try changing the 'Aug' at the end of the address to 'Sept', you will eventually get Sep 2014 (at present it'll give you Sep 2013). Likewise with October - if you put in Oct you will get Oct 2013, but in about a months time it will change to Oct 2014.

Thank You! Fantastic:)

Today I did some luggage shopping, my girls each got a set of these http://shop.heys.ca/products/travel-tots-lightweight-2pc-kids-luggage-backpack-set Daughter 1 got the red ladybug set and Daughter 2 got the penguin set. They are do adorable and I think they will be great for sleepovers and the backpack will be perfect for days out. I bought both sets on eBay, got a better deal on the ladybug but overall worked out at $55 each set.

Ended up getting my younger daughter the bumble bee set as the eBay store I bought the penguin off had run out of stock and I wanted them for our Tassie trip. The girls (and all of the flight crews!) loved their bug sets, my eldest daughter even remarked how great they would have been for America. *evil laugh*

I have just booked our two post cruise nights at AoA (Little Mermaid Room) through My Travel Planner, who also booked our cruise. And the girls new passports arrived yesterday so everything feels like it's happening.

Our house sitters who stayed here the last time we went to the USA are coming back which makes me very happy. Our dog loved them and they kept the house really we'll and even did a lot of gardening.

7 months to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter