Princesses at Fairytale Hall

On our trip last month we met both sets of princesses at MK's Fairytale Hall as well Anna & Elsa at Royal Sommerhus at Epcot. For the MK princesses, we visited them on our second MK day and did the Elena/Cinderella meet at rope drop and had fastpasses for Rapunzel/Tiana. The Elena/Cinderella meet is very popular and the wait time got up there pretty quickly even at park opening. Our favorite encounter was with Elena of Avalor. She was absolutely amazing with my kids;especially with DD3 and my DS15 who is on the spectrum and struggles with these kind of experiences. We love Cinderella but we just didn't want to have to leave Elena, lol! I just absolutely adore her. Tiana was also very fun and engaging. I was a bit disappointed with our Rapunzel meet and greet though. She is DD10's favorite princess and she seemed to be somewhat standoffish. We also loved the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. It felt so intimate and they were also amazing with our family and took their time to engage our kids in conversation, give hugs, etc. and the wait time was very reasonable - less than 15 minutes around 6:30-7:00 in the evening.

I'm confused why anyone would assume because I said my kids don't need to meet them it has anything to do with race. First that is the farthest from us as possible. But what a horrible thing to assume.

If I said my kids don't know Snow White and aurora would you think it has to do with race? You would never assume that. You would assume that it is because they are older movies. But what if I'm African American? Now what?

First, I'm Hispanic. But my kids who are Hispanic/White are too old to watch Elena so have never heard of her. I was very disappointed that they added voodoo to the only black princess movie. We were excited for it and my oldest daughter best friend is African American. It's just something that goes against our beliefs. I didn't mention that because I didn't want to offend anyone.

I didn't even think of their race. If I had I wouldn't have said it. I wasn't raised that way. I'm mixed race. I belong to a church of even more mix raced. I live in the ATL and diversity is the rule of the day. Most of the attendants in my wedding were African American.

I look like Elena. My skin tone is the same. But we don't pick meet and greets by what people look like. We pick them on being a fan of the movie they are in. We have never seeen those two so we don't need those meet and greets. Simple.

Edited to add- since we will have to go through those lines we WILL do the meet and greet. We won't snub them. Lol.

I apologize that you thought I was saying you had a problem with them due to race. That was the last thing on my mind. I was just wondering why you were not excited about those Princesses that's all. I absolutely did not assume you were racist I promise. I was posting at 2 am from work and just typed up a quick reply.

I apologize that you thought I was saying you had a problem with them due to race. That was the last thing on my mind. I was just wondering why you were not excited about those Princesses that's all. I absolutely did not assume you were racist I promise. I was posting at 2 am from work and just typed up a quick reply.

Okay. Well I apologize as well. I thought you were saying I didn't want diversity. And I'm like no diversity is awesome we just don't know them.

All is well.

Okay. Well I apologize as well. I thought you were saying I didn't want diversity. And I'm like no diversity is awesome we just don't know them.

All is well.
Don't discount how fun an interaction can be just because they are fun characters. Knowing them or their story really doesn't make that much difference on if the character is fun to meet. Heck, maybe you'll enjoy the meet so much you find you're interested in their story.

Don't discount how fun an interaction can be just because they are fun characters. Knowing them or their story really doesn't make that much difference on if the character is fun to meet. Heck, maybe you'll enjoy the meet so much you find you're interested in their story.

Very well put.

Tiana has always been a standout M&G, IMO. I am a big fan of the movie, but the kids aren't so much because they find the Shadowman to be an especially scary villain.

I will say though that Tiana's M&Gs were much better when she was still meeting with Naveen. Actually, I don't think I never noticed her in those days. He was so dreamy. :lovestruc

Tiana has always been a standout M&G, IMO. I am a big fan of the movie, but the kids aren't so much because they find the Shadowman to be an especially scary villain.

I will say though that Tiana's M&Gs were much better when she was still meeting with Naveen. Actually, I don't think I never noticed her in those days. He was so dreamy. :lovestruc
He was a hoot. I grabbed the chance to meet him again during the Christmas party last year. He and Flynn were a highlight of the M&G. They kept egging each other on and Tiana/Rapunzel had to keep them in line, which was not an easy task. I love when they interact with each other like that. One of the things I love about M&G with multiple characters too

He was a hoot. I grabbed the chance to meet him again during the Christmas party last year. He and Flynn were a highlight of the M&G. They kept egging each other on and Tiana/Rapunzel had to keep them in line, which was not an easy task. I love when they interact with each other like that. One of the things I love about M&G with multiple characters too

We did the ice cream party last week, and he was telling all the kids a story about how Tiana changed the recipe of the "National Soup of Maldonia" by adding a ton of tabasco to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter