Princess Kate Middleton is being treated for cancer

Kate Middleton just released a video of HER sitting and talking directly to the camera. She says she did have an abdominal operation back in January and in testing after the operation, the doctors discovered she has a cancer. She has been going through chemotherapy, which is why she has not been seen in public.

She didn't want to tell the public yet as she and William needed time to process it all. Also, she said they have needed the time to be able to explain it to their children in a way the kids can understand and not scare them to death.

Her video is here:

This is so sad. She seems to be a wonderful person and wonderful Mother. She also represents the Royal family very well. I hope and pray that she gets completely well and has a long life.

There was an oncology doctor on today from the UK that said it is common. His guess was she went in for a mass on her ovary or a hysterectomy. The appearance looked benign but after testing/pathology, they found traces of cancer. He said that was good as it would mean it hasn't spread/noticeable.

Anything is possible because the information they've shared is minimal and/or confusing. A two week hospital stay for removal of an ovarian cyst or hysterectomy....is very long, at least in the United States, even if an "open" procedure and not with laparoscopically. I've had both kinds of procedures...sent home the same day with laparoscopy, next day with "open" abdominal procedure. So, the "two weeks" that I think is throwing a lot of people off.

I was under the impression that they announced that she was having this surgery and staying two weeks....before the procedure, but maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.

It's all just guessing at this point.

Anything is possible because the information they've shared is minimal and/or confusing. A two week hospital stay for removal of an ovarian cyst or hysterectomy....is very long, at least in the United States, even if an "open" procedure and not with laparoscopically. I've had both kinds of procedures...sent home the same day with laparoscopy, next day with "open" abdominal procedure. So, the "two weeks" that I think is throwing a lot of people off.

I was under the impression that they announced that she was having this surgery and staying two weeks....before the procedure, but maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.

It's all just guessing at this point.
I thought it was pretty long also but, I'm guessing her hospital stay wouldn't be like normal peoples. Maybe with 3 little ones at home, she wanted rest. Then again, pretty sure she has tons of paid help that you and I wouldn't have available to us.

Would have to ask someone in the UK. I'm about to have one in Europe and the plan is a two-night stay for laparoscopic and a warning that there is a change (about 10%) that it will be open and that would be at least a 10 day stay. The surgeon did say that it was probably longer than I was expecting (since he knows I'm Canadian).

Here in the UK on the NHS depending upon the type of hysterectomy a lady has they would be in hospital for upto 5 days. Obviously longer if there were complications during the procedure or in the days afterwards.
If you have that procedure in a private hospital it's possible that you stay in longer. Unfortunately our NHS is on its knees, but does it's best. My mother had a full hysterectomy about 20 years ago and was in hospital 8 days (NHS). Hospital stay times have had to be reduced due to the pressures on the NHS. But that's a whole other thread!

My heart breaks for the family. I lost my dad to cancer, and I know what a nightmare it is to have one family member with cancer. I couldn't imagine having to cope with two family members with cancer. Prayers for the entire family.

Here in the UK on the NHS depending upon the type of hysterectomy a lady has they would be in hospital for upto 5 days. Obviously longer if there were complications during the procedure or in the days afterwards.
If you have that procedure in a private hospital it's possible that you stay in longer. Unfortunately our NHS is on its knees, but does it's best. My mother had a full hysterectomy about 20 years ago and was in hospital 8 days (NHS). Hospital stay times have had to be reduced due to the pressures on the NHS. But that's a whole other thread!
My friend just had a hysterectomy here in the US, she was home by dinner time.

So sad for a young mom to try to battle such a thing while trying to safeguard her children nevermind it being so very big due to fame. We all know how bad stress hormones are for a person and now there are two royals with cancer in a short time that just so happens to overlap with toxic scrutiny from the media. With what has went on with the family dynamics lately they must all be raw nerves, I wonder how much the strain and stress from the vile press behavior has contributed to the toxic outcome? SIgh, the only good that will come of this happening to a Princess is it will probably save many lives because people tend to pay closer attention to their own lives after a famous person announces such a thing. Also, no doubt, the royal family will be impatient with excuses for stalled research and will likely press for advancements.

My friend just had a hysterectomy here in the US, she was home by dinner time.
Since they didn’t announce that she had the surgery until after it was complete, I have wondered if perhaps she was supposed to originally be discharged much earlier, but based on what occurred during the surgery, that changed. She may have planned on a quick procedure and going home in a day or two when she went in, which could explain why nothing was mentioned beforehand like it was with Charles. It could have been something considered routine with a quick recovery and little risk. Then when things became more complicated during the operation, everything had to be altered and an announcement made to account for a longer than anticipated recovery. I think they probably would have announced her surgery in advance if they had known it would be as serious as it was (not necessarily more details, but simply the fact she was having surgery and would be out for a while).

Since they didn’t announce that she had the surgery until after it was complete, I have wondered if perhaps she was supposed to originally be discharged much earlier, but based on what occurred during the surgery, that changed. She may have planned on a quick procedure and going home in a day or two when she went in, which could explain why nothing was mentioned beforehand like it was with Charles. It could have been something considered routine with a quick recovery and little risk. Then when things became more complicated during the operation, everything had to be altered and an announcement made to account for a longer than anticipated recovery. I think they probably would have announced her surgery in advance if they had known it would be as serious as it was (not necessarily more details, but simply the fact she was having surgery and would be out for a while).
I might not be remembering correctly, but I was thinking they said ahead of time that she would be in for 2 weeks.

I might not be remembering correctly, but I was thinking they said ahead of time that she would be in for 2 weeks.
The first announcement, the one they made the day after her surgery, said two weeks in the hospital and no official appearances until after Easter. They didn’t say a word prior to the surgery. There was an announcement prior to Charles having his procedure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter