Princess Cruise Medallion question

starvenger

DIS Veteran
I know some of you cruise Princess a bit. We're back on the family cruise outing after... well, you know, and going to San Diego last summer. The twist (for me) is that it's not Royal - we're going on Regal Princess for a New Year's cruise, seventeen years after going on the prior Regal Princess for a New Year's cruise.

Obviously, a lot has changed since then, but of course I want to learn a little more about the big thing that Princess has - their medallions.

I know the basics - it's an RFID and/or NFC device, and basically does the same thing that the Seapass/KTTW does. But I'm given to understand that it's about the size of an airtag, so the question here is - can we use the medallion with an airtag holder? Maybe a bracelet (making it magicband-ish) or clipped to the phone?

I know some of you cruise Princess a bit. We're back on the family cruise outing after... well, you know, and going to San Diego last summer. The twist (for me) is that it's not Royal - we're going on Regal Princess for a New Year's cruise, seventeen years after going on the prior Regal Princess for a New Year's cruise.

Obviously, a lot has changed since then, but of course I want to learn a little more about the big thing that Princess has - their medallions.

I know the basics - it's an RFID and/or NFC device, and basically does the same thing that the Seapass/KTTW does. But I'm given to understand that it's about the size of an airtag, so the question here is - can we use the medallion with an airtag holder? Maybe a bracelet (making it magicband-ish) or clipped to the phone?
There are lots of options for holders out there. You can get them from Princess, or order them online from sites like Amazon. Just search “Princess medallion holder”.

We’ve ordered clips and wristbands for my DW and DD, and I use the watch band holder that slips on to your watchband, since I’m always wearing one of my watches.

The medallions are a little smaller than the magicband inserts, so they need different holders.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1
The medallion I received came with a lanyard so handing it around the neck is an option.

Sorry - I forgot to mention - it’s been reported on cruise critic that the AirTag and princess medallion holders are interchangeable. I’ll try to give it a try and report back, but I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter