price?

u092306

Earning My Ears
My self, wife and 2 kids did the 4 day park, 3 day ship last month. We had a cat. 6 room on the ship, and we paid $4,700 for the 4 of us including air, taxes, transfers, and insurance. I just priced a 7 day western, same time of year( second week of May), and I got a price of $8,600!!! Did they misunderstand we? Did they misquoute me? What the **** happened?

I'd try again. I just did a quick quote on DCL's website, and I got a quote for $5400, with insurance and transfers for a category 6. You either entered something wrong, or something went wacky with DCL's website, because that price is more than a holiday sailing!!!! You could always use www.dreamsunlimited.com They are the sponser of this site, and I've used them to book my DCL cruises, they are the best and offer a rebate off DCL's prices.

I remember that the Western is more than the Eastern 7 day because of the port duties & think it is. It was quite a difference. That may be part of it.

I think the difference is one package is for land/sea and the other is just the 7 day cruise.

wow, for $8600, I want the ship to come to my house and pick me up!!! LOL:jester: I wonder if it can fit down the Charles River...

Jeanny :wave:

We just booked for the May 8 Magic Cat 6 for my DH,DD and myself for $3506.00. This is without transfers, insurance or airfare.

Call them back and ask for a price without all the add on's and see how much cheaper it is. I found that for a party of 3, it was actually cheaper to get a town car than use the disney transfers.

I was able to find the airfare on my own for about 1/3 of the cost that Disney quoted.

Good Luck!

Check out All Seasons Travel (www.allseas.com). The price they list for the 2nd week of May 2004 for 2 adults & 2 children (ages 3-11) is $3955 (includes port charges & govt taxes)

Originally posted by tpseller
We just booked for the May 8 Magic Cat 6 for my DH,DD and myself for $3506.00.
I found that for a party of 3, it was actually cheaper to get a town car than use the disney transfers.
I was able to find the airfare on my own for about 1/3 of the cost that Disney quoted.

Good Luck!

That is the time we are going also! We were orginally gonig to drive but now decided to just fly in a day early and rent a town car to take us to port in the morning. Who are you using for the towncar?

We have estimates for 3 category 6 rooms for the 7/3 western. One is for 2 adults 2 kids, 12 and 9--it is $7100. One is 2 adults, one teen and one kid--$7300. The other is two adults one child--$5300. This includes insurance and transfers but not air.
Robin M.

Originally posted by aprilgail2
That is the time we are going also!

aprilgail, I knew you were on this cruise!!
tpseller, Glad to know there's another one! We are also a cat 6. Room 6060 (the same room we just cruised in on the Wonder!)

Make sure you get yourself on the 'list.' It's the first or second post at the top of the cruise board--a list of everyone cruising with you!

Woo Hoo!! :)

We just booked for the May 8 Magic Cat 6 for my DH,DD and myself for $3506.00.

tpseller,
who did you book this through. your figure made me scratch my head and wonder. we just booked this same cruise while still onboard the Wonder and its....well, A LOT more than you paid!! We also have no transfers, no air and no insurance.
Thanks!

Originally posted by jel0511
I'd try again. I just did a quick quote on DCL's website, and I got a quote for $5400, with insurance and transfers for a category 6. You either entered something wrong, or something went wacky with DCL's website, because that price is more than a holiday sailing!!!! You could always use www.dreamsunlimited.com They are the sponser of this site, and I've used them to book my DCL cruises, they are the best and offer a rebate off DCL's prices.
I'm quote myself, because I didn't see that you included air onto your package. DON'T!!! I see you're from NJ, and usually DCL charges AT LEAST $350 per person for air on their cruise packages. You can usually get $200 pp from either EWR or PHL. I'd not include the air and then see what the price is. Also, a 7 day cruise is going to be more than a 4 day park, 3 day ship package. You'll be getting food included as well for those 4 extra days. Also, to get the cheapest rates, you need to usually book 18 months in advance. We are cruising 10/30/04 (NJ teachers convention week) and are paying $3800 + airfare for 2 adults 2 children for a category 6.

Originally posted by ohiominnie
We are also a cat 6. Room 6060 (the same room we just cruised in on the Wonder!)
:)

:D How was room 6060?? That is the room that we have for our Wonder cruise in Sept! My Grandma was a little concerned that it was so close to the elevators....
(obviously you liked it enough to book the same location on your next cruise!!!):D

Originally posted by ohiominnie
aprilgail, I knew you were on this cruise!!
tpseller, Glad to know there's another one! We are also a cat 6. Room 6060 (the same room we just cruised in on the Wonder!)

Woo Hoo!! :)

We are in room 6608-we stayed in the last room aft the last cruise and loved it back there so I tried to get as far aft as I could that wasn't across from an elevator and didn't have joining rooms. We are paying 4686.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids ages 14 and 4. That is with insurance but without transfers or airfare which we will book ourselves.

Hey Ohiominnie -

I think we were on the same cruise this year - Wonder May 4-8?

We booked through Allseastravel. Did tons of reasearch and they beat everyone by far!

They have been nice so far, but I haven't had very many questions. Since I am an old hat at this now (second cruise) :p

We saved over $1000.00 over the AAA price.

Who are you using for the towncar?

Hey aprilgail we used happy limo. They were nice and on time. I met a lady from Tiffany town car and she was really nice too.

I am going to compare prices and coupons and see who I get the best price from

Hey Ohiominnie -

I think we were on the same cruise this year - Wonder May 4-8?

Hmmm, Yeah. Are you following me?? ;)

Ohiominnie and Aprilgail, we're on the same cruise as you!!
We booked a SPR room....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter