Previously purchased tickets with Maxpass

I just wanted to update on this. I did the chat on the app last week and they told me to call ticketing, so I did that. At first they told me they weren't refunding MaxPass, but something I asked, triggered her to look into it a little more and she found that they were. She told me options were doing it in person at the booths for a physical gift card, I could email through the website or she could help me with it. I elected to have her help me - it took some time, but she was able to get it all done and says I should have an e-gift card emailed to me in about 4-6 weeks, which is right before our trip, so hopefully it all works out!
Any idea if the e-gift card is strictly for Disneyland? Or can it be used at DisneyWorld? Also, if you get this refund in person, any idea if they will give you the gift card then, or will you still have to wait for it to me emailed?

That's great news. Thanks so much for the update. I think since we are going early June I'll just plan to seek the refund at a ticket booth :( Did they refund what you think was an appropriate amount?

Any idea if the e-gift card is strictly for Disneyland? Or can it be used at DisneyWorld? Also, if you get this refund in person, any idea if they will give you the gift card then, or will you still have to wait for it to me emailed?

No idea on if can be used at Disney World. They made it sound like you would get a physical gift card at the ticket booth, but since I didn't go that route, I don't really know.

That's great news. Thanks so much for the update. I think since we are going early June I'll just plan to seek the refund at a ticket booth :( Did they refund what you think was an appropriate amount?
You know what, I don't know if she ever told me the actual dollar amount being refunded, so I guess I'll wait and see. I was so excited she said they could do it, I clearly forgot to ask a very important question!

I just wanted to update on this. I did the chat on the app last week and they told me to call ticketing, so I did that. At first they told me they weren't refunding MaxPass, but something I asked, triggered her to look into it a little more and she found that they were. She told me options were doing it in person at the booths for a physical gift card, I could email through the website or she could help me with it. I elected to have her help me - it took some time, but she was able to get it all done and says I should have an e-gift card emailed to me in about 4-6 weeks, which is right before our trip, so hopefully it all works out!

I just sent an email using the website form mentioned by DisneyJamieCA and thought it was interesting that one of the options in the drop-down list for why you were emailing was "Disney MaxPass Refund". I'll post any response I get from them when it comes. Fingers crossed (I only purchased it for myself, but my brother's family of 6 purchased it for our 3-day trip as well!).

Just wanted to update here:

So you may remember that I called about 6.5 weeks ago and was told they’d refund it and it would take 4-6 weeks. When it hit 6 weeks and I hadn’t gotten it, I called again. They told me they couldn’t do anything right then, but if I still didn’t have it on the first day of my trip, to stop by guest services (city hall) and they would refund it in person. I didn’t get it, so stopped by guest services yesterday afternoon - no wait and he was able to take care of it for me there. It ended up being a $600 refund. So for those who had been saying those who were asking were throwing fits and the like, it was ABSOLUTELY worth my time to pursue this. It’s paid for our dining for this trip.

Just wanted to update here:

So you may remember that I called about 6.5 weeks ago and was told they’d refund it and it would take 4-6 weeks. When it hit 6 weeks and I hadn’t gotten it, I called again. They told me they couldn’t do anything right then, but if I still didn’t have it on the first day of my trip, to stop by guest services (city hall) and they would refund it in person. I didn’t get it, so stopped by guest services yesterday afternoon - no wait and he was able to take care of it for me there. It ended up being a $600 refund. So for those who had been saying those who were asking were throwing fits and the like, it was ABSOLUTELY worth my time to pursue this. It’s paid for our dining for this trip.
Nice and totally agree. Ours was $240 and it paid for some of our food, too. Super easy when I did it at the park on the 1st.

I can confirm that they will refund the cost of MaxPass. I had purchased 2-day Park Hoppers back in Feb of 2020, for a trip that was obviously postponed until October of this year. I had my niece who lives in Fullerton take my tickets to the ticket booths to upgrade them to 3-day Park Hoppers. The CM in the booth told my niece that since MaxPass was currently suspended and could not be purchased for that extra day that I wanted added, she would refund the cost I paid for MaxPass and apply it towards my ticket upgrade. Being polite certainly helps the pixie dust flow.

The question now is, how soon will maxpass return now that the mask mandate and social distancing restrictions are going away June 15?

This thread just reminded me that it has been 6 weeks since I called and the operator said I would see my refund by now. I guess I will send a follow up email through the website and see what happens.

This thread just reminded me that it has been 6 weeks since I called and the operator said I would see my refund by now. I guess I will send a follow up email through the website and see what happens.
I submitted the email form asking about the refund more than 2 weeks ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet (other than immediate form reply saying a cast member would contact me), so I'm trying to decide whether to call or whether just to go to the ticket office when we get there.

I submitted the email form asking about the refund more than 2 weeks ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet (other than immediate form reply saying a cast member would contact me), so I'm trying to decide whether to call or whether just to go to the ticket office when we get there.
I sent an email about that long ago as well and haven't heard anything back yet. My trip isn't for awhile yet so if I don't hear back I'll just go to the ticket booth if MaxPass isn't back yet by then.

Oh wow. That's annoying. It seems like they are not giving out the refunds unless you are in person. I haven't heard of anyone saying they've gotten it via email yet.

When is your trip? If it is soon I would just go in person instead of wasting so much time trying to call.

Oh wow. That's annoying. It seems like they are not giving out the refunds unless you are in person. I haven't heard of anyone saying they've gotten it via email yet.

When is your trip? If it is soon I would just go in person instead of wasting so much time trying to call.
Our trip is the 2nd week of August, so just under 8 weeks away.

I sent an email too (about 10 days ago) and never heard anything back either. I have no idea if my follow up phone call expedited things in person since it was processing still, but it was worth my time to get that money back.

I sent an email too (about 10 days ago) and never heard anything back either. I have no idea if my follow up phone call expedited things in person since it was processing still, but it was worth my time to get that money back.
Could you also confirm what you were previously quoted about photopass--when you got the maxpass refunded, you were not able to hold onto the photopass benefit, is that correct?

Could you also confirm what you were previously quoted about photopass--when you got the maxpass refunded, you were not able to hold onto the photopass benefit, is that correct?
Correct. I had asked if I could keep the photopass part of it (and would just eat the cost of the Fastpass benefit) and was told no. That they would refund the cost of Maxpass and I would have to purchase Photopass (per day on the app or the week long on the website).

Finally got a reply to my original email (using the email form on the Disneyland site) and the info they will want from you is the barcode for each of the tickets you're requesting the MaxPass refund for as well as the email address(es) you want the e-gift card sent to. So I would send that info in your email request or have it readily available if you call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter