• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pre-trip report-1st Disney Christmas experience for us 7.....

partybunnie

Earning My Ears
Not a very good trip name, I know, I just cannot think of anything better. Too excited!!
Any here goes for my very first pre trip report, wish me luck!
This our first trip to DLRP at Christmas, December 17th to 21st ,although we have been several times before at different times of the year and have recently returned from Orlando.
Our little group consists of.....
Me, Maria a very young (ha) 37 year old. I love everything Disney. My fave is Tinkerbell.
My sister Christine (DS) a tab bit older than me and she won't look kindly on me disclosing her age. Goes with the flow!
My youngest daughter, Leonie (DD) 16. Also loves Disney. Faves include Donald Duck and Woody.
My eldest son, Kieren (DS1, sounds like a game console!) will be 15 the day after we return. Too cool for Disney but looking forward to ‘time off school’ and the rides.
My youngest son, James (DS2) 7. Loves Mickey, Minnie, Mr Potato Head and Buzz. He is not really interested in the bigger rides but we are slowing encouraging him to ride one the smaller ones. He is rather untrusting and won’t believe that he will actually enjoy the rides and won’t get hurt!
My sister’s eldest Sian(DN) 22. No preference, likes everything.
And DN’s 4 year old son, Liam (LDN) . He loves everything that DS2 loves.
The whole family returned from Orlando in September and we had such a great time that we booked to accompany DS and her little group who had already booked her Disney experience a while ago. Because of the expense of the Orlando holiday we decide that hubby, Andrew (DH) and eldest daughter, Natalie, 18, stay at home. I, of course, am very distraught at this. (Believe that you will believe anything!)
DS has never been before so it has fallen to me to plan all the bits and pieces to make this as special as possible. As you can imagine all are very excited even if some say they are not (DS1).
I have not made any firm plans but the main things that we want to do/see are
Indiana Jones, Autopia, Space Mountain and Phantom Manor, although the little ones won’t go on this one, Rock and Roller coaster, tower of Terror and Crush. And the parades and hopefully meet some characters.
We definitely want to visits Annette’s although DH will be very jealous and probably won’t speak to me for a week. This was is fave meal when we were last there.
I think that we will be making the most of the extra magic hours and fast pass.
Well all for now, hope that I have done this right and thanks for reading.
:santa:

Hi partybunnie,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board :flower3:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

Your pre-trip report sounds great - lots of adults around to help look after the younger ones ;)

Sounds like you have a good trip planned.

Getting 2 adults and 5 kids organised sounds like a nightmare...I've got 5 adults and a toddler going in December and that's bad enough!

Sounds like you are going to have such a great time, i'd love to get my whole family together at Disney!!

What a fabulous trip you have planned, have a super time and can't wait to hear all about it on your return (not that I'm wishing your holiday away or anything like that!)

Sounds like you have a good trip planned.

Getting 2 adults and 5 kids organised sounds like a nightmare...I've got 5 adults and a toddler going in December and that's bad enough!

The adults or the toddler??? :lmao:

Have a wonderful time and maybe see you at SL :)

Hello All,

Though I would give an update.

We have 6 sleeps left to our trip to Disneyland.

I still have lots of packing to do, the time has gone sooo quickly. money is sorted and extra fast passes bought. hope that they are useful.

We were rather dissapointed recently when the airline that we were flying with cancelled our 0845 flight and offered us places on the 1545 flight. this meant that we lost the chance to spend the afternoon in the park. Never mind, at least we are still going! :banana:

I have booked the tgv so we will arrive quite quickly at our hotel.

We aim to make the absolute most of the extra magic hours, but I have question. can any one tell me if it will be a 2 full hours before offical park opening?

The plans I have made so far

Day 1
Land in CDG at 1820 and the tgv is booked for 1917, hope we have enough time to navigate across the airport.
Hopefully we will get to the hotel by 8pm and have an hour or two to look around the village and grab a bite to eat. Earlyish to bed.

Day 2
Early rise, have a good breakfast and hit Disneyland park for the emh. Can anyone suggest the first ride or attraction we should see to make the first impressions for a four and seven year old very special.
No plans with the chose of food as we will go with the flow and let the youngsters dictate with thier stomachs. I do want to do Annettes though!

Day 3
Same early rise but off to Studios.

Day 4
Early again. Off to Disneyland park. This time we intend to return to the hotel for a rest and use the pool and back to enjoy the evenings entertainment. As its saturday the park is open quite late.

Day 5
Again early ( we are going to be shattered!) and off to Studios for the morning. Our flight is at 1850 so we will have to be packed and ready to leave around 4pm.

Thanks for reading and I hope my report will be more interesting!

:santa:

Hi,

EMH is from 8am to 10am, so yes, 2 full hours in the main park (you don't get EMH in the Studios). I think Buzz would be a must, and possibly the best first ride, for your children, but they will be spoiled for choice during EMH, as Peter Pan, the Carousel, either Snow White or Pinocchio, the Teacups, Dumbo, Buzz, Orbitron, and Space Mountain are all usually scheduled to open in EMH.

If EMH is available every day of our stays, we do EMH every day in the main park, then nip over to the Studios at around 9.30 if we want to do a morning or 2 there :) .

Hi,

EMH is from 8am to 10am, so yes, 2 full hours in the main park (you don't get EMH in the Studios). I think Buzz would be a must, and possibly the best first ride, for your children, but they will be spoiled for choice during EMH, as Peter Pan, the Carousel, either Snow White or Pinocchio, the Teacups, Dumbo, Buzz, Orbitron, and Space Mountain are all usually scheduled to open in EMH.

If EMH is available every day of our stays, we do EMH every day in the main park, then nip over to the Studios at around 9.30 if we want to do a morning or 2 there :) .

Thats brill, thanks. We really will be shattered then as I do intended to be rather cruel and get everyone there for 8am. gotta make the most of the opportunity. I don't think the Studios operated this scheme, so thanks for confirming that. Buzz will be an excellent one first. Cheers :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter