Post your Disney Dining Plan snack credit PIX here!

OMG- I've just went through this entire thread - SO yummy!

We are upgrading from the basic plan to try something new this year. How far do people space out their DXDDP meals so as not to be stuffed to the gills at the next "feeding"? What time do you plan your meals for during the day? THANKS!:)

We are upgrading from the basic plan to try something new this year. How far do people space out their DXDDP meals so as not to be stuffed to the gills at the next "feeding"? What time do you plan your meals for during the day? THANKS!:)

Well, we were still pretty stuffed to the gills, but, this is what we did to minimize it:

- We ate a signature meal everyday so that we were only 2 meals per day--usually a late-breakfast/early-lunch and a dinner. (if I were doing it again, I might add a HBD lunch too to create space for the snacks we'd dreamed of.)

- We were very clear that we weren't going to spend money on anything that wasn't included since we knew that there was more food than we could eat already.

- We made a point of not eating anything that we either didn't like or thought was "so, so". (We got better at this one over the week.) And, we made a point of eating the "good for you" parts of meals first. That way, if you're full you've already eaten the healthy parts and are leaving the fries, ice cream, etc.

- We shared a lot of snacks so that they were only small amounts of food at a time.

- We learned (through making errors) to drink water, unsweetened tea and the like rather than pop or frozen drinks as our included drinks. (The high sugar drinks just really added to the overwhelming feeling of fullness and weren't needed.)

Enjoy the DxDDP...it's a LOT of food, but, it can be really good food too.

we just got back and are very glad we didn't do the dddp - we may have done the ddp but chose to pay cash instead since dd doesn't eat much and usually shared our meals.

our next trip my brothers may join us and if dd still doesn't eat much we'll put dd's name under their reservation since i don't see them wanting the ddp. that way when we're having meals she can share our meals and we won't have to worry about paying for her not eating.

if she does get her appetite back then we'll see about keeping her on our reservation.

if brothers don't come - well then we'll just have to see and again may choose to pay cash.

doing the dddp would have completely had us rolling out of the restaurants not walking.

i couldn't imagine eating 3 complete table services meals a day for 10 days - way too much food.

maybe if we were only there for 4 or 5 days but not the 10 we were.

I wanted to get one of those large ice cream cookies last year, but wasn't sure if there is something lactose free that my niece could get at the same place. Does anybody know if they have anything? I couldn't eat that in front of her when she only gets a package of the Divvies cookies.

I had forgotten to post my pics. Oh so sorry people...here we go...

Goofy's (these things last forever. We bought the first two the first night and ate on them ALL WEEK. Then we both the last ones the day before we left for our trip home. We drove so that worked for us. There are two side pictures to show how flipping huge they were!)
DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

Norway

School bread - OH MY GOSH THIS WAS GOOD. I heard someone say the stuff was more buttery in the middle than pudding. This was not true. What I thought it was was a big roll stuffed with pudding, dipped in glaze and then coconut. YUMMMM. I bought 3 while we were there (2 for the way home, can you tell we had snacks to burn?)
DSC01639.jpg

This was the chocolate pretzel. The only to-go container we had to break up the pretzel so sorry it isn't all put together!
DSC01640.jpg

(I also go the almond one which was way better but didn't take a pic!)

DS got this the last day. It was the WORST pudding I have had in my life. But he thought the gummy worm was AWESOME.
DSC01769.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

Staring Rolls Cafe (I loved this place. When William would fall asleep I would just go here, get a snack and sit down. I watched the parade from there perfectly!)

Tiramasu (sp?)
DSC01683.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

Cupcake
DSC01530.jpg

Main Street Bakery
Chocolate croissant (yum)
DSC01704.jpg

cinnomin roll (to die for!)
DSC01703.jpg

Main Street Confectionery
Fudge (each small square was 1 snack credit. There is mint chocolate, and PB chocolate
DSC01707.jpg

The mammoth cashew patty that I didn't think was so mammoth (hence my fingers to show you)
DSC01706.jpg

Now these were all things we got as desserts but could be counted as a snack...

These two are from the outside studio place at DHS, by honey I shrunk the kids
cheesecake (was way yummy)
DSC01675.jpg

chocolate cake (ok I know they are suppose to be standarized, but they sooooo were. The one at Cosmic Rays was HORRIBLE, this one was prolly middle of the pack. The best was at harbour house)
DSC01676.jpg

Seasons
brownie
DSC01718.jpg

strawberry shortcake
DSC01719.jpg

Asian chocolate cake
DSC01491.jpg

chocolate cake
DSC01492.jpg

continued in next post!

Keylime pie at Flame tree - WORST DESSERT EVER
DSC01469.jpg

Ice cream cookie sandwich at din-o-bites
DSC01481.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

churro at Mexico's counter service...this was yummy but HUGE and greasy, I couldn't finish mine!
DSC01532.jpg

Alright,that's it folks. Let me know if you have any questions!

That cupcake from Starring Rolls was too cute to eat! I'm gonna check that place out on our trip in Sept.!

That cupcake from Starring Rolls was too cute to eat! I'm gonna check that place out on our trip in Sept.!

They had the CUTEST desserts ever! The chocolate and the icing on the cupcake were awesome. The cake was just ok.

Good grief, those cookie ice cream sandwiches from Dyno Bites are huge!

Oh my gosh, yes they were. DH got oatmeal raisin (no pics) and I got chocolate chip. DS had to go potty while we got this so DS had his ate before I got back and could take a pic, haha! Then he tasted mine and was JEALOUS. The ice cream was seriously the best vanilla ice cream I have ever had and the chocolate chip cookie, although not the BEST, was pretty darn good!!!!

Oh and just FYI we stayed at All Star Movies....this isn't a snack option, BUT if you get a quick service there they have ice cream sandwiches for a dessert option. You can get two different kinds of cookies and 3 different scoops of ice cream! YUMMY!

Those homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches look AMAZING, which leads me to the important question: Which has better ice cream sandwiches, Dino Bites or the Main Street Bakery?!

Those homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches look AMAZING, which leads me to the important question: Which has better ice cream sandwiches, Dino Bites or the Main Street Bakery?!

I don't know which is better since we didn't have them at the bakery. I chose dino bites though because you could choose oatmeal raisin cookies which is hubby's fav cookie!

:eek: Oh no! I had this on my list of "snacks to try"

I am a Key Lime Pie freak- should I just skip it!!:confused3

I am not a huge key lime pie fan in the first place. But let me tell you neither I or hubby could stand more than 1 bite. I didn't wonder if it had "gone bad".

I am not a huge key lime pie fan in the first place. But let me tell you neither I or hubby could stand more than 1 bite. I didn't wonder if it had "gone bad".

hmmmm........ That would not be a good thing!:eek:

Any other Key Lime pie lovers out there who tried FT BBQ Key Lime pie?

I had the one at Sunshine Seasons a few years back and thought that was pretty good.

Subscribing for our upcoming August Trip.

Maybe I should go on a diet now to drop like 10 lbs so I can eat all these yummy snacks w/o thinking about what they will do to my waistline.

Oh wait ~ I should lose 10 LBS b/c it is bathing suit season! :rotfl:

hmmmm........ That would not be a good thing!:eek:

Any other Key Lime pie lovers out there who tried FT BBQ Key Lime pie?

I had the one at Sunshine Seasons a few years back and thought that was pretty good.

See now I loved the Key Lime Pie and hated the School Bread. You really have to try things yourself when it comes to food. Everyone's taste is different. :mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter