Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Winnie the Pooh double feature

027-15.jpg

005-19.jpg

Decor

Didn't go out too much because I had just decorated for Christmas and didn't want to take anything down so I mainly stuck to the tabletop. And yes the napkins are for a 1 yr old b-day party but that was all the store had with Pooh on it :rotfl:

010-18.jpg

Dinner

016-16.jpg

Kanga - Roo pita pockets stuffed with chicken and cheese

015-17.jpg

Piglets in a blanket

007-13.jpg

Tigger tails

011-15.jpg

How cute is this honey bottle?

012-12.jpg

Dessert was a bit of a fail. My Owl cupcakes were not coming out the way they were supposed to so only one made it to the table;)

008-15.jpg

Activities

The kids did the usual coloring pages during the movies then played Pin the tail on the Eeyore

024-10.jpg

019-14.jpg

020-11.jpg

Dinner & a Movie Night:
Snowball Express
January 29, 2012

title-1.jpg

The kids have been begging to get start doing dinner and a movie night since we got home. In fact, they asked on the plane home if we were going to continue doing movie nights (how could I resist?). I am going to scale back and just do the dinner and the movie part, unless I find a craft we just have to do. It just seemed like the craft was rushed most of the time. So here is our first on since our trip...

DH and I both remember seeing Snowball Express as a children, which did not make the boys to excited to see and "old" movie (dd was at a party), but it is movie night...so deal with it, right? I loved seeing Harry Morgan (of MASH fame) and I think I remember having a crush on Dean Jones (OMG) when I was little. In the end, I think the boys laughed the hardest of all of us...end fact they wanted to know if they could watch it again!

Menu:

Snowball Express Subs with a side of Skis
snowballsandwichesandasideofskis.jpg

Blizzard Fruit Salad
blizzardfruitsalad.jpg

White Out Drink
whiteoutdrink.jpg

(I had planned hot chocolate, but it was just too nice outside for that.)

Snowball Cookies
snowballs.jpg

I found a great book at my kid's scholastic book fair - Disney: The Little Big Book of Family Classics. It includes 101 dalmations, aladdin, alice in w, bambi, beauty and the B, Bug's Life, Cinderella, Dumbo, finding Nemo, Hercules, Jungle Book,Lady & the tramp, Lilo & Stitch, lion King, Little Mermaid, Monsters, Inc, Mulan, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Pocahontas, Sleeping Baeuty, Snow White, Toy Story and Winnie the Pooh. But it doesn't just include the stories, each title includes a Q&A page (great for a quick trivia game), a craft page, movie quote page and a recipe. It really has some cute ideas! I'm going to switch it up this year - still watch some movies, but also read some stories instead.

Lisa-
So glad to see you back posting...I have missed you so much!

Thanks Tammie, it's been a busy few months but I'm happy to be back:) I'm making it my priority to read your TR tonight, I have lots to catch up on, including finishing my own TR :sad2:

Love the Disney movie nights. We have done quite a few over the last few months.

Any ideas for Black Cauldron or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Love the Disney movie nights. We have done quite a few over the last few months.

For the Black Cauldron, you could do some apples dessert for Gurgi's "munchings and crunchings"...maybe apple cobbler?
Maybe soup from a crock pot which could be the Cauldron.

For the Black Cauldron, you could do some apples dessert for Gurgi's "munchings and crunchings"...maybe apple cobbler?
Maybe soup from a crock pot which could be the Cauldron.

Hercules was super easy. We went to our local gyro place and ordered a "family" gyro. It was supposed to serve a family of 4. It was awesome because they box everything up separately so we could each make our own gyro. This family gyro ended up making us 8 gyros. I had to go out and buy more pita in order for everything not to go to waste!

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0187.jpg

Gyro Meat. This was lamb.

DSCN0188.jpg

Veggies and tzatziki. There was regular lettuce on the bottom, raw onion, tomato cilantro and lime wedge.

DSCN0189.jpg

Fresh pitas.

DSCN0190.jpg

Baklava for dessert.

I think crepes are a great idea for the Aristocrats. Our grocer sells pre-made crepes in the produce the department. They are a little hard to get used to working with, but taste just like the real deal and are a lot less frustrating than trying to make them myself.

DSCN0194.jpg

This was a savory crepe, filled with sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese and topped with homemade hollondaise sauce and a touch of seasoned salt.

DSCN0197.jpg

For dessert I made a Nutella Banana Strawberry crepe. Super easy and delicious! Peanut butter and Jelly would be equally delicious!

Dinner & A Movie Night
February 18, 2012
The Rescuers

IMG_2355.jpg

With Mardi Gras season quickly coming to a close (can you believe the start of it we were finishing up the last day of our trip with dinner at Ohana at this time) I thought it would be a great night to pull out Ab's favorite movie when she as 4...The Rescuers! Would you believe that I remember seeing this movie when it came out! With the movie being set in the Bayou...why not make it a Cajun type of night!

Abita Rootbeer

IMG_2353.jpg

Label says it is made with pure Louisiana Cane Sugar

Jambalaya with some Crusty French Bread

IMG_2352.jpg

King Cake with Pecan and Prailine Filling

IMG_2349.jpg

No one has found the baby yet...guess someone will tomorrow since I am not letting them eat the whole thing tonight. My goodness this was yummy!

Everyone has such excellent ideas!! I love looking thru everyones posts! I am making notes so that I can do these nights at my house, I am sure my family will enjoy them!

Subbing!

Dinner & A Movie Night
February 18, 2012
The Rescuers

IMG_2355.jpg

With Mardi Gras season quickly coming to a close (can you believe the start of it we were finishing up the last day of our trip with dinner at Ohana at this time) I thought it would be a great night to pull out Ab's favorite movie when she as 4...The Rescuers! Would you believe that I remember seeing this movie when it came out! With the movie being set in the Bayou...why not make it a Cajun type of night!

Abita Rootbeer

IMG_2353.jpg

Label says it is made with pure Louisiana Cane Sugar

Jambalaya with some Crusty French Bread

IMG_2352.jpg

King Cake with Pecan and Prailine Filling

IMG_2349.jpg

No one has found the baby yet...guess someone will tomorrow since I am not letting them eat the whole thing tonight. My goodness this was yummy!

Love your Rescuers night, I wish I had thought of it! We did a little Mardi Gras dinner here on Fat Tuesday and I also made a Kings Cake but yours looks a million times better than mine did!

Mickey Christmas specials

692-1.jpg

697.jpg

Because we are always so busy around the holidays I decided to do a theme day instead of night and we had a brunch instead of dinner.

Decor - I just pulled together a few Christmas Mickey things from our decorations which of course were already up!

688-1.jpg

669-1.jpg

683.jpg

Food - Breakfast foods, Fab 5 waffles, eggs, hash browns and toast

682-1.jpg

678-1.jpg

677-1.jpg

679-1.jpg

Activity/Craft - During the shows the kids did some coloring pages and a couple of puzzles. Afterwards they decorated some Disney ornaments.

695.jpg

700-1.jpg

Ratatouille Night

976.jpg

This is one of my DH's favorite Disney/Pixar movies. My kids had lots of fun this day because I let them help out alot with prepping dinner and the cupcakes they pretty much did all by themselves!

973.jpg

974.jpg

Cheese and crackers to snack on while watching the movie

977.jpg

984.jpg

Dinner was ratatouille, grilled chicken and rice

987.jpg

989.jpg

Dessert was cupcakes, I had found thesse cute mice gummies to top them with but one of my own mice (aka my kids) had gotten into the package and left me only 3 :rotfl:

991.jpg

After dinner the kids looked through a few kids cookbooks that we have and wrote down some new recipes that they want to try out.

994.jpg

993.jpg

We made these cute mouse puppets as a craft (yes I know Remy is technically a rat but you don't find too many rat crafts, lol)

981.jpg

983.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter